Linux handhelds

Just bought pic related, it can run bonafide Linux with some modding thanks to OpenDingux and it was just 50 bucks.
Specs are weak as fuck though:
>CPU: Injenic JZ4760 mips (see here for comparison en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingenic_Semiconductor#XBurst1-based_SoCs) (MIPS)
>RAM: 128M DDR2
But it is cheap and enough for some fun experimentation.

What other handhelds does Sup Forums have that can run Linux? No Android please.

Get Steward's Opendingux on there. So much better than the original firmware.

You could probably have bought a low end lumia at that price...

Yeah, that's what I referred in OP, mine hasn't arrived yet due to chink seller not shipping it, so that picture was a random one from Dingux forums.
I wonder if development is too hard on this, I feel like it would be fun to make something for that thing.
>no buttons or keyboard
>windows
>windows on a small screen
Is that even usable? If I want something like this I would rather use my Android phone.

Well i am trying to create a linux handheld but its a bit difficult.
I have already bought a small 5 inch display with a touchscreen for the raspberry pi and a psp analogue stick (for mouse).
I have a spare rasp pi 2 and a xbox 360 chatpad (for the keyboard) .
My main problem is the case: how i am gonna fit all of those, how i am gonna create a flexible hdmi and how the hinges are gonna work.
Pic related is the way i wanna do it.

HACK THE PLANET

How do you do this?

Why would I want that trash?

"LOVE", "SEX", AND "GOD"

Source? Reverse search turns up nothing.
>Filename
Yours then?

How well does the psx emulator work?

I wonder how difficult it'd be to get Dingux running on a Creator Ci20, it's got a JZ4780

Somewhat sluggish, around 20-30fps on SotN. They supposedly reworked the PS1 emulator, but it isn't out yet AFAIK.

Yeah

Does Sailfish OS count?

useless

I personally don't think PS1 is gonna make it to the RS-97, it struggles to run even on the 1GHz GCW Zero.

The 600MHz OpenPandora can do it

ARMv7 on the Pandora vs MIPS Xscale on the RS-97 and the GCW Zero. Two completely different architectures. MIPS is the slower one unfortunately but it does use substantially less power.

That doesn't sounds like it's worth $50. You could get a used phone off ebay and root it.

Yeah, it is unique and more Linux-y than Android.

that's GNU/Linux-y!

Dumb memer, they aren't using GNU.

>No Android please
>No most powerful handhelds please

There is a smartphone general already and Android is pretty common. I'm more interested in niche devices.

android is fine if the shitty ui(surfaceflinger?) can be removed and replaced with something else.

At least it has previews in filepicker :^)
Actually it allows other apps to serve as file pickers - now THAT I'd like to see on the desktop.

looks fine if its possible to upgrade the ram chip

I used to play PlayStation games on my Dingoo A320's 360MHz JZ4740