Reminder that Phil Collins literally did nothing wrong

Reminder that Phil Collins literally did nothing wrong.

After Steve Hackett left Genesis, they made the wise move of dropping the 38-minute pieces of refuse about evil flowers, alien postmen in disguise, Hispanic broadway shows, and Hitler's penis and moved towards writing pop rock that's actually MELODIC and ENJOYABLE to listen to.

Firth of Filth is their best song

I find it funny my dad has a grudge against Phil Collins even though I've never heard my dad even listening to Genesis

must be an old people meme or something

Most Genesis is good Genesis. I don't care if it's about Hitler's dick or 80s bullshit. Most of it is solid.

>Hitler's penis
Is that the Winkler?

Invisible Touch is a perfect song.

phil collins sucks ass

His best work is the Tarzan OST. Especially Trashin' the Camp

Bill Collins thrad??
XD!!
DUGZGET AMRIITE??
L00000000000000L

I want old Sup Forums2leav

70s Genesis was extremely melodic nigga

I love Phil but you can't really claim that the popular stuff is better than anything they released from 1970-1980

I think Invisible Touch is the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility, and at the same time it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums

Phil Collins did nothing wrong, indeed.

But Genesis went down the drain after Peter Gabriel left.

phil is good boi he rite n erything

It's because there was a period in the 80s when, between Genesis and his solo stuff, he was unavoidable. That's not really his fault, though his solo stuff frequently being so schlocky didn't help.

I'LL BE INSIDE OF YOU
DEEP INSIDE OF YOU

fuck that movie tbqh it's one long fucking music video

Back in the 80s Phil was fucking EVERYWHERE. If you went out in public at some point you would be forced to hear his music. As a result, people who lived through the 80s either love him or hate him. There's no middle ground.

Bologna! Trick of the Tail & Wind and Wuthering are good albums. Seconds Out is an incredible live album. Where they really changed is when Hackett left. But you can't knock Duke, Abacab or the '83 s/t. Still great progressive pop.

SAIL AWAY AWAAAAAAAY
RIPPLES NEVER COME BAAAAAAACK

2bh Genesis would have probably descended into self-parody if they kept playing prog rock after Duke, that album was obviously meant to be a farewell letter to their old proggier style. I always viewed most of the lyrics as a reflection of their career up until that point and what might possibly become of them later. It also was the last Genesis album that could be called a prog album, being somewhat of a fusion between their sound from earlier albums and some pop influences.

What happened was that Phil Collins knew when to quit prog and adapt to the new tendencies of the 80s to stay relevant in the industry, I'll give him props for that.

ah interesting, thanks. he always said 'we don't listen to Phil Collins Genesis' so I just assumed the beef was about Genesis

GONE TO THE OTHER SIIIIIDE
LOOK INTO THE POOL

fuckin' chills, every time.

Anyone that thinks that Phil Collins was what was wrong with Genesis should listen to the album that they did after he left.

If you look at their discography you can see that the best albums were with both Peter and Phil in the band, the albums without Phil and the albums without Peter didn't reach the same quality as those with both, and the album with neither of them was an abomination.

Genesis didn't change a whole lot after Peter Gabriel left. Their next albums were A Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering, and those fit right in with their previous catalog.

Honestly, they're a little bit better than most of their early stuff.

Honestly, the band didn't really change until Steve Hackett left. And after that, Phil started looking into solo stuff --he collaborated with Peter Gabriel, actually; he played the drums on "Intruder."

Genesis became an unabashed pop act when Tony Banks took over the creative direction of the band. Creative differences with Tony Banks was why Peter Gabriel left the band in the first place.

Tony Banks's favorite Genesis album is Duke. Phil Collins's favorite is The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. Phil Collins isn't the reason Genesis went pop.