What is in your opinion the saddest album you have?

What is in your opinion the saddest album you have?
Or the album you like to listen when you are sad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CC8BHK6pti8
youtube.com/watch?v=0va3F2PWBJc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQQh1TciNS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I prefer to listen to happy albums when i'm sad makes me feel better and not want to drink myself into a coma

this one made me sad after I broke up with gf

any shoegaze is pretty sad imo

hope you get through whatever it is you're going through bro

sure you've heard this one

its all subjective if you ask me tho

I think this is what i want , thk
Thank too

Either pic related or Dark Side of the Moon

Broken China is based on Rick Wright's then-wife's experience with depression.

just listened to recently for the first time in a while
truly a sad record no wonder rivers hates this album the man poured his soul into this and got shitted on

i say this one was sadder

Does somebody has already cry when he has listen to an album without real reason?

Which album?

Pic related. Just listen to this.
youtube.com/watch?v=CC8BHK6pti8

this

americ anfootball
carissa is weird
paint the houses red
opium
bright guys

the list goes on

The Late Great Townes Van Zandt

>Mer de noms.

Maynard has some deep rooted emotional issues. Probably from genociding civilians in grenada

When ever I'm feeling incredibly depressed, I listen to this EP on repeat. The songs are all fairly simple and easy to listen to, but very bleak and melancholic. The self-titled Giles Corey album has too much going on and I find it difficult to listen to, even though it is beautiful.

>Hinterkaifeck as cover

>I hope there's room for you up above or down below

hoah , it's great

Well that's the EP's name. Giles Corey - Hinterkaifeck.

oh didnt know that ep

this, but when I broke up, it was Blue Corpse for a bit

They're both great in different ways.

>tfw the climax of Wounded Wolf

Islands is a pretty moody album that carries me through sad times. Red is another one, but Providence can be a little too dark for when I'm sad. Starless and Bible Black does the trick too.

Looking to something more recent, Drake's Views is pretty good for listening to when sad. It's pretty mellow and moody overall.

F#A# is great

Gf broke up with me while this was playing :^( cant listen to it again

She needed a baller-ass, boss-ass nigga. You just a off-brand ass nigga, everybody fuckin know it

I literally avoid this record because I felt immensely depressed and sad the first two times I've listened to it.

He needs more love on this board.

Find me one album sadder than this one. I fucking challenge you.

This is depression, not sadness. Those are very different things.

I guess that's fair. But, I'm chronically depressed and listen to a variety of music, yet I still always return to Six and Six in particular (and other Jandek, sure) when I'm at my worst

this for sure

That's my point. Jandek is something you listen to when you see no point in life and aren't able to produce any emotion, not when you're feeling sad.

I dunno man, there might be crossover though. "at my worst" I'm often crying for no reason, maybe there's a bit of emotion to be found there. depression expresses itself different ways. of course it is certainly characterized by lack of emotion, though, I won't deny that

Hi OP.

The classical (we're allowed classical here, right?) piece of music, "Spiegel Im Spiegel", by 'Arvo Part', from the album 'Alina'.

Great piece.

youtube.com/watch?v=0va3F2PWBJc

Well I guess we just experience depression and sadness differently. I listen to a lot of Jandek when I'm depressed but I couldn't imagine getting emotional and crying to it, while that could very well happen with a slightly less depressed album like . Jandek has some of the least emotion I've ever heard in music.

For me depression is about dealing with not having anything in your brain, emotion, direction, motivation, preference. And sometimes it can be too much to bear and ironically produces some emotional response. Or yeah, for blue corpse, breaking up will make you sad too. I think it's very sad music, just also obsessive and stuck on one small problem, so maybe in one way there isn't much range

Yeah, I can get that kind of feeling, but I tend to get angry at depression before I'll get sad.

That makes sense, and seems consistent with your relation with jandek I guess- there's a lot of bleakness and a lot of sadness, but maybe not much anger

There's definitely anger in this song youtube.com/watch?v=ZQQh1TciNS4

Lol, well... Maybe. I have to say I've never been particularly fond of the electric end so haven't listened to it too much. But a lot of his rattly full band music like in foreign keys or modern dances seems more theatrical and surreal (and droney, as always) than angry, and I don't remember, but maybe the electric end is the same in that way. Can't listen now regrettably since I'm on my phone

Maybe there's some anger but it always seems ironic and self directed and deprecating. But who knows how much I project myself onto him and his music

only album I've ever thrown up because of how miserable it made me

This one. The general tone and my personal interpretation of the lyrics (wich is more felt than thought of) really hits me hard.

Been meaning to check out this album for a while.

Some other really sad music is codeine and Giles Corey's st

Check out jandek mang

spiegel im speigel is Part's worst piece though.

Fur alina or Fratres would be much better for the situation, maybe summa fro string if you want something more enlightening.

his Lamentate is also amazing.

The first track on this album kills me. My girlfriend got up without a word when she got the call her gran had died and put this on. We sat there and listened to the record straight through without a word.

Fuck me that title track. Haven't listened to this in ages. This is the first thread I've seen on here in a while where it didn't seem like people were memeing. Genuinely pleased with this thread.

fucking top tier recommendation

grow, grow, grow and to talk to you absolutely slay me

i find it an absolute pleasure to listen through, but it always pulls me into a really introverted place

I like you, user.

Dear Darkness m8, incredible.

Siluoan's Song

>Laying on the bathroom floor
>Kitty licks my cheek once more
>And i could try
>But waking up is harder when you wanna die
;_;

Still haven't gotten over it...

> the saddest album you have
Keaton Henson - Dear

>the album you like to listen when you are sad
Anything that isn't sad. Something that can lift my mood.

Mr. E had a tough life

fuckin a

sonically the first half isn't massively depressing, though the content of the lyrics are.

second half is obscenely depressing, though the last song leaves a glimmer of hope

teen angst distiled
perfect for sad times

Fevers and mirrors desu

what is rum, sodomy and the lash doing on there

Nicholas Szczepanik - We Make Life Sad

I think it's even for free. Highly recommend

whenever this album finishes I'm left feeling like i've just experienced someone's life, but that life was so exciting and full of promise at first, but as it carried on it became mundane and filled with sadness and pain. though there were some good moments, overall it was not a pleasant experience and was riddled with regret

Jim wise always has me bawling like a baby

Saddest song has to be Three Peaches, the end part where he is repeating "I'm sooo haapppy, that you didn't dieee"

Hi How Are You - Daniel Johnston

Good sad core taste.
I listened to a ton of Red House Painters when I used to be severely depressed. I attempted to kill myself while listening to Strawberry Hill once, what a great/miserable song.
>He's says nothing and sits in his room, and he's afraid to drive a car, so sad he is

i see a darkness

this album crushes me

Is crying all the time an American thing or am I just heartless?

Jesus gets me every time.

>what came out your mouth next was a series of mistakes- you had taken all you could take, and here tonight, the weight of their stares, well they could bury you alive. you are worn to the bone, and looking to disappear. and who could blame you?

>tfw I'm a lost cause and can't be saved now

TFB are fucking trash

Captain Spaulding?

god tier sad album.

>and I could look into the
crowded morgue of mistakes
the sun stopped its smile
and frowned on me too

that one verse threw me into a void of sorrow

but its so good.

my go to album for when im feeling low
>Full of Hell & The Body - One Day You Will Ache Like I Ache

Go to songs
>Fleshworks, The Butcher

>i dont want to live like this anymore
>i dont want to live at all
>i dont want to make this face anymore
>but if i dont thats all

running water off that album kills. it's so hard to get all the way through without kinda losing it.

This is what I always listen to when I'm sad. Wil's voice always just makes me sad but warm and safe on the inside.

I'm excited about the vinyl reissue. Time to finally order my copy before the price gets ridiculously inflated again.

In terms of content, I think the definite winner has to be Right Away, Great Captain - The Eventually Home.