Been lurking for a bit, trying to slowly refine my taste and make it not as shitty

Been lurking for a bit, trying to slowly refine my taste and make it not as shitty.

But it's still pretty bad, help me bros. Show me some good music. It's not completely filled in because I don't listen to enough to fill it in completely.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iJ713cKuT18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Keep lurking

try new kingdom

lurk more, use sites other than mu to help you find music, and then realize that whirr is trash and better your life

just keep listening to mu core

the microphones - the glow pt 2
mbv - loveless
built to spill
modest mouse
the list goes on...

>lurking for """""a bit""""
>chart consists of mostly albums from the top 3 rows of the mu-core essentials chart
Listen to every album on that chart, then every album by every artist on that chart, then branch out from those artists, lurk more, and then wait 2 years before posting

I actually don't listen to them that often, just a few tracks that I like.

I tend to listen to a few tracks from tons of different albums rather than thoroughly enjoy an entire album.

why would you like to "refine" your taste? just listen to whatever the fuck you like, don't worry about it not being patrician enough or whatever shit

this site fucks people up I swear to god

eh but anyway, look up Cut Hands

>he listens to individual tracks
Scratch that, lurk for 5 years and never post again

will do
didn't like loveless, but I will try the rest
post said chart? only ones I found were genre specific or 5-10 album mucore recs

You have some nice variety on here. Check out artists who are associated with your favorites, as well as other essentials in genres you like.

>hip hop
Danny Brown - 30
Bones - Useless
Clipping - Midcity
Freddie Gibbs & Madlibb - Pinata
Pusha T - Darkest Before Dawn

Also try:
Bell Witch - Longing
The Body - I Shall Die Here
Nick Drake - Pink Moon
Lantlos - Melting Sun

he's talking about this one

start listening to full albums man
and yeah what other people have said, dig through the Sup Forumscore chart and find out which albums you like and then dig through their genres

Clipping is decent, will listen to the others though.

I listen to full albums when I'm exploring new music now, but when I'm driving or playing music whenever I tend to not listen to an album through because there's always a song or two I don't like as much.

>Desth Grips
>Travis Scott
>Denzel Curry

I feel like you would love Lil Ugly Mane and Antwon. Same realm of "experimental/dark" hip hop, idkwtf to call it.

this
Loveless is known for taking several listens to get into. We've all said "didn't like loveless", believe me, you will love it in the end

Definitely will check out, I really liked LUM's appearance on one of denzel's songs.
Guess I'll give them another shot

The obvious ones:Sufjan Stevens, Joanna Newsom, Elliott Smith-either/or, Beach House-Teen Dream or Bloom, Julia Holter-Have you in my wilderness

Non-Sup Forumscore you should try: La Vida Boheme, Anais Mitchell-Hadestown, Lupe Fiasco-The Cool, Little Tybee-for distant viewing, Everything Everythin-Get to Heaven, Mother Mother- O my heart,

If you like Pinkly Smooth, listen to the album Only a Lad by Oingo Boingo. PS took a lot of inspiration from OB.

>LUM on Denzel
Yeah he has a good feature, but that's like nothing for him. He makes some awesome beats too.
Listen to Mista Thug Isolation and move up from there.
But this is one of his best beats
youtube.com/watch?v=iJ713cKuT18

you are allowed to like things Sup Forums doesn't like
as much as it feels like otherwise

Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Nas - Illmatic

If you haven't already.

here's how you find out more music (without having to be spoonfed, as well as having fun)
take an artist
read up on the album you liked
listen to the individual group member's projects if they're a band
listen to the origins of the samples a hip-hop group uses
listen to bands/groups the band/group says has influenced them

i.e listen to black flag if you liked klink on exmilitary, or jonny greenwood's work if you liked radiohead's string arrangements.

i get the feeling you don't really like a bunch of the albums on there, but you're trying to like them. could be wrong.
if that is the case though, don't worry about trying to fit in and just keep trying out different shit until you find stuff that clicks. you'll come to like most of the stuff regularly posted here.
revisit loveless in a few months,