KDE Master Race

If someone can name a better desktop environment, go ahead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

XFCE

Last time I tried it, it gave me an error message about avahi or some shit right after I started it.

Budgie

xFECES? Really?

i3 with gaps

gg no re faggot

too ugly desu
gnome is uniornically the best mix of aesthetics and functionality

>avahi

Why is this man so focused on destroying the Linux desktop? He made me stir away from Linux after Pulseaudio got introduced and my device stopped working.

>KDE
>ugly
What kind of drugs are you on cunt?

he works for red hat. he kills the desktop and rh gets more profit.

if you put windows and autism in a blender the result is KDE

You in pic.

>aesthetics
Yeah, I too love huge amounts of wasted space for no reason.
>functionality
There isn't any unless you add it yourself with extensions that break on every new release.

Oh I didn't know that he created this shit too.

i3-gaps takes less resources and is better for customization

Yeah but what are the best themes? I tried this os x theme (breezemite) but it's broken on windows that arent maximized

The unholy trifecta of shit.

How can an you customize i3 tho? I'm using it, but apart from the border color and what's displayed in the bar I don't know

Are you, by any chance, talking about MATE, mate?

You can change the gaps in i3 use a custom bar,custom scripts,how thick window borders are and more things

Don't be a faggot, use i3.

I like Deepin. KWin is slow at times. For example, kirigami apps like system settings and discover feels very slow, at least on the kde neon gitunstable branch

Budgie is promising, but parts of it still look like empty spaces with a "coming soon" sign. Definitely keeping tabs on it though.

Explorer

Deepin seems like a frankenstein monster made of all popular DEs. And it seems the performance part came from Gnome.

Openbox shits on every DE

Probably Unity, it doesn't crash as often as KDE5.12 seems to.
Is there something that needs to be done on top of plain jane Kubuntu 18.04 to make it stable?

But does it have a proper filepicker?

disable icons on buttons

Isn't it chinkwarez?

Xfcr

GNOME is way better

Unity is deprecated, and yes enable backports on Kubuntu for newer KDE packages.

Unity is actually still well maintained, moreso than XFCE even...
There is a community supported Ubuntu 18.04 Unity Edition that works well, I didn't have any crashes testing it.

I did have several plasmashell crashes during my testing on Kubuntu 18.04, which makes me uneasy about migrating since I'd be moving from stable to clearly unstable.
18.04 shouldn't need any backports, since it's new and based on the current KDE LTS release.

GNOME

>if you put windows and autism in a blender the result is KDE
What?!

Wallpaper?

Aqua

Just use i3

this looks trash

Why?

LXQt.
>light
>modular
>not crippled by GTK
>has a file picker

And sucks at multimonitor support, I have to configure the displays every time I reboot.

KDE4+awesome is god status

KDE has more dependencies than Gnome.

It's crap.
Just use a Window Manager.
Full fledged desktops are bloated and huge attack surfaces with less stability.

>has a file picker
Somebody posted about it and apparently it also doesn't have thumbnail view.

Konqiiii!!!

Budgie is really comfy, but definitely needs a fair amount of work still. It'll be interesting to see the new rewrite as they seem to be making quite good design decisions overall

>Full fledged desktops are bloated and huge attack surfaces with less stability
Sure, if you happen to use a pentium in this day and age.

The smaller the house the less leaks there are. Minimalism is the way to go when it comes to security.

Do minimal plasma install on arch, you don't even have the terminal as a dependency. You have no idea what are you talking about.

>Just use a Window Manager.

And then install a file browser, a web browser, an image viewer, etc. in the end you have the same but shittier.

>muh bloat

Not an argument

t.butthurt KDE troll

well, look at it

Been using Xfce for a long time but goddamn it, KDE has been shilled so hard recently, I fucking want to give it a try. Which distro will give you the best KDE experience? Heard a lot of praise for Neon and SUSE, are they really that good?

Some say Manjaro

Manjaro Xfce is pretty gud, will definitely give it a try, too. Maybe it is also worth waiting for Kubuntu 18.04, which may not be as buggy as the last LTS.

KDE is too bloated. Use XFCE or skip DE's and use i3wm.

although Linus is pretty based, i can't believe he doesn't like cute dragons

Don't

KDE is so garbage even Gnome is more popular

LXQT is unironically almost there. A few more releases and it will effectively be the better XFCE.

It's also one of the only DEs that doesn't fall victim to the >muhfilechooser meme. Regrettably, its filechooser only seems to work with Qt applications like Qupzilla or Qutebrowser, but it also works better in my experience than Kdialog.

Budgie 11 might be cool too.

He also thinks that Debian is too hard to install.

At least he can install an OS, unlike Stallman.

youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM

Newfag here.
Installed Ubuntu and really content with that and Xfce. I wanted to try KDE but after Xfce I don't see the need.

i have a good experience with KDE on opensuse tumbleweed, but many thing can broke because is rolling

Why does it always have to be an anime wallpaper?

OP who cares?

>Trying to discredit Stallman
Good luck with that KDE fags

Maybe if you suck Stallman's cock enough, he'll send you a nice jar of his fermented foot fungus/toe jam spread.

looks like a fucked up fusion of mac and windows

JWM. Because fuck the world!

Better than sucking proprietary dicks *cought Qt

KDE uses a variant of Qt that's freely licensed, negro.

I think mine is pretty comfy.

i3 a DE? Since when?

You need to sign and abusive and anti-freedom CLA if you want to contribute to Qt, so, KDE developers who signed CLA are sucking a proprietary dick.

>KDE is too bloated
Please explain you flaming faggot.

I don't know what made you see the Mac resemblance. Let me guess. Because the close, minimise and maximise buttons are on the left.

Pic is you.

Literally anything else

Jesus Christ makes me sick

What's the best Plasma theme?

He's 37?
He looks like a 20something bitchboi
what the fuck germany

Howd you get the blur on i3?

My own fork of compton that uses imagemagick to blur the background and cache it.

>DE
enjoy your bloat

You are a motherfucking brainlet.

>uses imagemagick to blur the background
what the fuck

>file browser
bloat

What?

I remember you sharing this before (or someone else doing the same) but I lost it.
Care to share it (again)?

I used to do it with a script that only defined the background for urxvt, and had to be called every time you changed your background. Since then, I've dug into compton's source code and change it to do it automatically. Sill has some problems, for example, it's using SDL_image to load and save the cached version, which should probably be done with some other library. Also, every time you change background, it takes a couple of seconds do generate the blurred version, and it blocks your display for that time, this could be fixed using a second thread but I haven't done that yet. Because of these problems I have not uploaded the fork yet to github, but I might during this weekend, maybe follow me on github for a couple of days (EvilPudding).

>I used to do it with a script that only defined the background for urxvt, and had to be called every time you changed your background.
Yeah, that's the one I remember.
Gonna bookmark your Github. Thanks.

is KDE's Windows 7-style taskbar not a clunky piece of shit yet? last time I used KDE, I'd click the Firefox launcher button and it'd stick to my cursor as if I were trying to drag it. It kept happening. What's more, those "launcher buttons that become tabs for that program" didn't have context menus when you right-clicked them.