Is it just me, or did youtube remove the "restore old layout" button...

Is it just me, or did youtube remove the "restore old layout" button? I can't seem to find where the fuck I am supposed to get the old design back from now. It's impossible for me to use youtube when it looks this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

vidlii.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They did.
YouTube as been making terrible site redesigns since like 2008, get used to it.

Goddamn it, fuck this shitty company. There's even no hope of any website replacing youtube anytime soon. It feels great just having to take it in the ass time after time when no """competitors""" exist besides fucking vimeo and dailymotion. Can we just skip to the part in the movie where google is destroyed by their all-powerful AI already?

my youtube still has the old layout, but who knows how long that will last... fuck the new design.

This can't be happening! AHHHHHH!

I've refused to download the new Firefox for this reason.

I was able to use my old add-on's for Youtube.
Exclusively making it all black, it's nice, especially when watching longer videos at night.

I'd download Chrome, however. I lose all my bookmarks.

Also, new Firefox is fucked and it opens up 4 different tabs in the sound mixer, which annoys me to no fucking end.

It goes right back to the old, "they could give a fuck about their users, or consumers."

Pretty sure you can export your bookmarks from Firefox and import it into chrome

Okay, well I wasn't aware. I haven't made the effort.

Albeit, this youtube shit still irritates me.

Thanks for enlightening my ignorant ass, user.

this is goddamn bullshit, serves me right for getting fucking cozy in anything related to that shit site... i don't get why would they even give us the ability to use the old layout if they were just going to rip it out from under us like mother's tablecloth when your shitty friend derek came over to visit and thought he'd try to impress his little posse, like derek, youtube thought we wouldn't notice, everything would be in place as if nothing had been removed, BUT GUESS FUCKING WHAT DEREK? MOTHER'S FAVORITE DINNER PLATES ARE IN PIECES AND NOW WE JUST HAVE TO FUCKING LIVE WITH IT

[spoiler]
YouTube has a black theme built in that is enabled super easily
[/spoiler]

The black theme is definitely a good feature but the new layout is still really slow compared to before.

I like your brain.

I, too, am also pissed.

Fuck, Derek.

The black theme is fucking shit.

It's just like the tomorrow style, on here.

Youtube was pure black for me, with white text.
Not some shit ass grey.

Ya, I saw it too..
Thank you for confirming we're now fucked.
The new layout is extremely bloated :(

Interesting how every single time they update it it's just worse

>bitbucket is fucked
>now youtube is fucked
MAKE IT STOP MOMMY

I don't give a fuck as long as my plugins/scripts work.

It's like they do it on purpose, innit.

I can still switch from old and new layout

dont clear your cookies. i was on old layout and check to see if OP was right, so I cleared my cookies and tried to see if the option was there.

>name and message are identical in a reply

...Why didn't you just open an incognito tab? RIP
regardless.

i HAVE OLD LAYOUT RIGHT NOW

You have dyslexia right now

>tfw you purge history/cookies at the end of every other day bc paranoia

Fuck.

I have you naked mom on my naked cock, right now.

Enjoy the AIDS I gave her earlier

Just change the CSS properties

SHE A CLEAN MILF, SHUT UP!

I still use the Halloween skin, literally best Sup Forums style ever.

Jesus Christ, I'm pretty autistic so I guess I'll just have to &disable_polymer=true every time I watch a video. Fuck me.

What I use magicactions for
>dark theme
>forced 720p content (my net is shit)
>no autoplay
>"Cinema" mode (YouTube video not big enough but full screen is too big)(also allows me to put it "full screen" in just the browser so I can put it to the side and have full vision).

This add-on isn't updated to the new YouTube design which would be detrimental to my experience there... Also the new design is garbage.

>&disable_polymer=true
What does this do?

You could always make a script or be lazy like me and get one

Forces the old layout

Is there a script I could use to auto slap this on the end of a video when it loads?
I have a cookie clearer so no changes are persistent to me.

you realise YouTube has all those features right?

Write an userscript

aaaaahahahah
at this point I'm 100% sure they continuously change shit to just fuck with their users and make their lives just a tiiiiiiiiny bit more miserable for the lulz

progress is life, stagnation is death amiright, G? lololo

That'll take ages, i'll share it and then everyone'll shit on my for how shit my coding is.

I was thinking of something along the lines of grabbing the current url, seeing if it contains "youtube.com/watch" and if it does to then create a copy identical + the code on the end and to reload the page with it.

Spend lots of time scripting and then they change it again and everything is for ass

>5 minutes
>ages
Come on now user, the worst part about writing it is that it's javascript

Why

Do

Yoy

Write

This?

Dude, just google it

Reddit.

Try iridium. It's and add-on/userscript compatible with nu-firefox and the new yt layout.
Is still on beta, but it can force the default resolution, prevent autoplay and other shit.

And fuck the Youtube app. Used to work great, then they decided to fuck it up. Force-closes every couple videos for me.

Try the "vanced" mode, you can easily install it with Magisk, it's ad free YouTube with some mods for android.

>youtube will never die
>niconico will die along with the glorious nippon race
feels bad

niconico has always been shitty and only recently started getting a little bit better.

Add "f6=8" to the "PREF" cookie.
I wrote a userscript specifically for this months ago because I was too lazy to keep changing the layout manually.
While you're at it, "f5=30030" disables Autoplay.
Thank me later.

>Uglier than the last layout and loads slower
Why? For what reason did they even do this?

some purple-hair probably came up with the idea, and the white men weren't allowed to say no

ive been using the subscriptions page as my main page for youtube since they fucked the front page up years ago and made it harder and less reliable to keep up with video releases from my favourite channels

anyone remember the "you must sign up to our shitty social network to use comments"? that actually forced me to stop commenting (no way im signing up for their bullshit) and i havent commented since, which is probably a blessing come to think of it

Well thankfully this only affects me when I open youtube in incognito mode. But now I can't delete my cookies unless I want to deal with this garbage.

This really gets me.

Wait, so if you don't browse in incognito mode, you can still revert to the old design?

Nope, the old design has been completely removed. I just got lucky with my cookies.

If you got a script editing add on use this.
// ==UserScript==
// @name YouTube Polymer Disable
// @match *://www.youtube.com/*
// @exclude *://www.youtube.com/embed/*
// @grant none
// @run-at document-start
// ==/UserScript==
var url = window.location.href;
if (url.indexOf("disable_polymer") === -1) {
if (url.indexOf("?") > 0) {
url += "&";
} else {
url += "?";
}
url += "disable_polymer=1";
window.location.href = url;
}

It's not perfect, but it works.

Install Waterfox/Basilisk

The new YouTube style is hilariously bad. I guess that's what happens when you hire based on political ideology and racial quotas. I hope this flat/material design thing goes out of style soon. It's made the Internet UX worse in obvious ways.

I hate it because it just makes everything bigger and still leaves a bunch of white space on the sides

It also makes everything load slower and looks like an ugly mobile app. Thankfully I found a script that somewhat fixes it.

>white space
Fucking this. I cannot imagine how there were probably thousands of people at google all saying "yeah, this looks just fine". It looks extremely terrible.

It's ok to have white space.

thanks m8. You are a lifesaver for us retarded people that cant into coding shit

I got it from [spoiler]reddit [/spoiler] after a few google searches.

So much whining in here...

jeez, I know right... ?

fucking shitlords afraid of STRONG WOMYN CODING ;)

It seems to fuck with pastebin pretty bad though. So you'll have to disable it if you want to read something on that site.

my name is Derek, fukken saved

the worst things about youtube besides what google made obvious:
>incredibly slow and bloated
>it's a brand name that's been around for years, so it'll be hard to get people to switch to any competitor that dares competing with google
>even though google is literally losing money keeping youtube around, they insist on keeping it for the sole purpose of having a video sharing monopoly
>content creators that make original content are constantly getting demonetized every time it isn't either family-friendly (in google's eyes), or completely non-profit, while large corporate channels are getting all the ad revenue
>youtube promoting literal nobodies like jake/logan paul, ricegum, storytellers, etc. just to make kids think they have a chance, taking the hollywood effect into action
>all the original content creators are leaving due to google cucking them any chance they get
we need an alternative, but anyon with the funds and knowledge to do so is getting bought by google

firefox ESR ((((current build)))) allows this to work
also, you sound like you haven't used firefox at all

i bookmark all the channels i watch. fuck logging in ;_;

We should get Musk on it.

and what incentive anyone with real money to run a website would have knowing that most popular site around is still not running a profit?

Seriously, If I had the money I dont think I would either

They put a "safe mode" option right where the old layout button was.
They CAN'T keep getting away with no compettition.

I like the new layout

Is there anything more annoying than a company forcing a design change on someone?

Awesome site that brings the original layout back
vidlii.com/

Works great with "Greasemonkey". Thanks!

It's going to fuck with certain sites like Pastebin, so if you want to open something there you'll have to disable it.

I like the new UI.

>switches to new UI
>laptop sounds like it's going to take off
thanks google

Fuck you.

But I love you

No it doesn't. Also it preloads videos in the background while my plugin just loads the page (I have slow internet). I usually just spam out all my sub box and then close the tab when I'm done. Also the new design is garbage.

Aesthetically it's not bad. Functionally it's awful from the outset with it's useless slow fade in garbage.

Why would i want to watch pieces of the site populate piecemeal? Just fucking show it.

it hurts my eyes.

I fucking hate the new layout. It's not only loads slower, but it uses up more of the CPU on older PCs where as the old one has very little CPU usage.

They removed it for good, I'll block their ads revenue (yeah I know it's not much anyway).

> popular channels in your country
> trending - music
> trending - sports

i know it's years old by this point, but fuck this normie social engineering trash

What are you on about.
There's a dark theme
I can force 720p
It literally fills the width of the browser as you want it
And you can disable auto play

Whatever her job is, it's not really a job, and she's being paid too much.

Seldom do I go on reddit, and I don't even have an account. So suck a dick.

It make's it easier for people to read. Just trying to be helpful is all.

Calm down, spergoids.

>had to install new HDD tonight
>get my browser back up and synced
>go to Youtube to put on some old radio shows to fall asleep to
>now wide awake and pissed because the Youtube tards fuck with the old, fine, layout

The new layout has completely fucked larger playlists too.

What is MPS-youtube?

could have just used another porfile