What's the non-chink version of this?

What's the non-chink version of this?
Basically a car radio with Android and a touchscreen.

It should also have wifi, gps and dab+. But that won't be a problem, because it's the current year, right?

There's isn't one since google is pushing "android auto" as car OS.

>"android auto"
Wow that looks like shit. A gimped version of Android with a very restricted list of allowed apps.

Is there a legal reason why someone like Pioneer can't just put regular Android on it?

Plus you can't even connect a phone wirelessly to it. In 2018.
Jesus fucking christ, it's like they're actively trying to piss me off.

>wanting a distracting touchscreen over tactile buttons you can feel while driving
You're what's wrong with modern cars

Another gimped Android. It doesn't have Play Store, you can only use the preinstalled apps.

I'd actually like a button or two (volume and back/forward), but if you have 2din of space why not a touchscreen too.

Because anything it can do your phone can do better, there's literally no point in having a touchscreen center console

>Because anything it can do your phone can do better
Wrong. Navigation for example is better suited for a fixed unit.

which doesn't require 3rd party apps from the play store you

Nigger, use the mirror mode.

I don't know but never seen full android in "brand" unit other than Parrot Smart but those are now getting really old with 512mb ram and 6.2" screen which is not much bigger than modern phones.

>tactile buttons
>3.5mm jack
>removable battery

Cry more

It does, because the preinstalled navigation will probably jew you for maps and shit.

Ok fair point, I guess... Never used that.

There is one that is a direct replacement for a Ford Focus Mk2 which is tempting me, complete with banks of programmable buttons on the side and steering wheel control.

My main concern is that they're lying about the stats and they're completely under powered, leaving for a laggy shitty experience.

I'd like one to add DAB radio, nav, and spotify.

Biggest issue with chink units is that at least in my experience there's always one or two irritating things wrong with it.

Maybe mic level on HF will be too low, maybe radio RF sensitivity will be bad, you never really know.

Yeah. There's a guy on Amazon said his started burning/smoking at some point. Others are laggy or bluetooth stops working...
There isn't one chink unit with good reviews.

New android auto units will allow wireless link, it'll be good normy solution.

Personally I'm done with all that shit, phone with good holder and bt head unit is enough for me.

all of them are garbage with old android versions

just buy some sony or kenwood shit with android auto

and android phone and a car radio with bluetooth.

Being able to interact with controls without having to look is actually important while driving, retard.

>old android

Why does this matter to anyone on such unit?

All google services any majority of apps work all the way down to 4.0. It's not like being stuck with old ios where nothing works anymore.

Bigger issues is that I never managed to get bluetooth tethering to work on chink units, so you need wifi hotspot on phone which kills battery and has to be turned on/off manually.

Ended getting chink 3G wifi hotspot for car, really nice unit but you need extra sim and all the work cramming that shit in car is horrendous.

Only controls I need is steering wheel, pedals and turn switch. Couldn't care less about other buttons.

>buy cheap android tablet for 20$
>optionally gut the fucker out, attach a power supply
>make a slot for in your car
>program a microcontroller to access the data in your car's CAN bus, and interface it with lights and shit, and access everything on the tablet via USB or maybe ISM band radio
>write an android application to display details, turn light on and off, etc

Although I'm speculating, I guess someone like pioneer tends to prefer Android auto more like normal a Android due to the fact that it has more restrictions and will avoid people or the USE sue them
I guess is the price we have to pay to avoid some normie or Chad killing me while I'm posting in my designating shitting board
t. Pedro

It would absolutely kill your phone battery though, It literally mirrors your phone screen, using the standard android auto interface. Wireless mirroring is possible but if you're going to plug your phone in to charge anyway, why bother with wireless?

>tablet

No audio, still needs amp
No HF for voice calls
No ignition on/off
Needs $100 ram mount kit since it doesn't fit in dash

It's kinda doable if you already have BT head unit so you can use HF profile for phone and a2dp for tablet but good luck with that...

It's not even a "version" of android. Educate yourself before whining about it.

If you want android, then get an android head unit. Running android and supporting android auto are two completely different things

Isn't it the same as android tv, running crippled version of android?

No. It's screen mirroring. Just download the android auto app, run it, turn your phone 90 degrees. That's the exact same experience you'll get on your radio. If you connect to a car it just mirrors that display, puts the logo on the phone, and forwards commands like the next track media buttons or the answer call button.

Will use as much battery as chromecasting/miracasting your display. It'll still drain your battery a ton

Can't find anywhere what are really the specs of head unit for android auto. What OS or chipset those use.

It seems some are full android like Honda but most are not.

i use android auto as app on a phone, and connect it to cars bluetooth.

i works kinda well actualy. even integration with spotify is decent with voice control.

Get an orange pi, a 5 inch hdmi lcd and a car audio amplifier.

>dab+