Can anyone tell me the names of the various drums and cymbals shown here?

can anyone tell me the names of the various drums and cymbals shown here?

I know the biggest one is called Bass drum

I would prefer if you added the names to the image itself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bAJ1WTGNISk
youtube.com/watch?v=AkFqg5wAuFk
youtu.be/6JbAJ-GHYIY?t=2m10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just google it

If I had gotten answers on google, I wouldn't have come now, would I?

crash cymbal (biggest on left), hi-hat (on left), ride cymbal (biggest on right), splash or another hi-hat?

is that right idk

Seems that way.

so are the drum kit arrangements uniform for all drummers?
aren't there some people who want things in another place and not the standard position?

thanks user

also, the image you posted isn't consistent with my image

the walk band has an extra drum and cymbal

this is the most elaborate bait i've seen in quite some time

checked

Really?
Ok, what are the NAMES of these cymbals then?

I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking me. Are drummers allowed to make their own drum sets? Google for your favorite band's drummers and look up their sets.

Really? Enjoying this kind of entertainment would seem a bit retarded. How bored can one be?

I'm for real, will someone try to guess what cymbals are these?

I don't care that much to see how they make their drum sets.

I only wanted to know this since Drum Kit is probably the only shit in Walk Band I can learn to play quickly.

I wanted the names of ALL the cymbals and drums, I only noticed that there were a cymbal and drum missing after thanking you for that image

>how bored can one be

You'd be surprised

You put in your set what you need to use and organize it the way that works for you.
I can't tell what kind of cymbals are there in that illustration. They all might be crashes and splashes or they all might be hi-hats cause you can't tell nothing much from this angle.

I could tell it only by sound.

(OP)
check this guy out
youtube.com/watch?v=bAJ1WTGNISk

Other than the standard 1 hi-hat, 1 crash, 1 ride setup, having an extra crash like pic related to the far right is the most common setup. Anything more and you just end up looking like a Neil Peart wannabe.

Pic related is a standard 4 piece setup with a single rack tom (top left), snare drum (bottom left), floor tom (bottom right), and bass drum. Really common in indie and jazz where you have to lug your own shit and set up/get off the stage quick. Used to be less common than a 5 piece set, which has an extra rack tom. Both setups are equally popular now.

Anything goes in metal. Dudes could have a 4 piece set or 14. Really depends on in they are sponsored by a company, if they are a headliner, or if that is their personal preference.

I've seen this guy with his band live once. They aren't humans.

Dude, I'm not the OP. I only asked what kind of cymbals are those.

Assuming everything's to scale and far left is a hi-hat, the far right is either a large splash or a small crash. I'd err on the side of saying its probably a 14" crash. Good for pop and ska, not for very much else. Too high pitched and thin sounding.

you mean this walk?

youtube.com/watch?v=AkFqg5wAuFk

Dafuq is going on here?

Probably crashes or rides, who knows without banging on them though. Of course drummers make their own sets. Fuck, pretty sure Panda Bear only used a floor tom and a crash for a little bit.

>Anything more and you just end up looking like a Neil Peart wannabe.
wat?

REALLY helpful.

Now go back to retard land, your wranglers might be worried for you

Floor tom is one on another. Weird set. Did you made it yourself?

no, I got it in the app Walk Band.
I don't know jack shit about drums

from left to right: George, Terry, Rimbaud, Pete

ill bite:
hihats of grossly large diameter, above which is a large heavy crash; ride between the toms, with a smaller crash above. very unusual set up imo

this set up is a impossible and b nonsensible.

three toms of equal diameter, one some how beneath a floor tom? with such a kit there is no need for left/right hihats (unless you want to cionvince me its a fast crash) and no faggot has the snare so far away from the bass drum.
and who can reach the maraca?

This is the most popular standard set. 22' bass drum, 14' snare, 12/13' and 14' tom toms and 16' floor tom. Change it to one tom tom on left and two floor toms on right, add two inches to everything and it will be a classic rock set. Like this one Ok, no one took my bait.
Cymbals are all Paiste 2002 rides.
24" Ride - above kick on right
Older 24" ride cut to 23" - above hats on left
20" Ride - far right above floor tom
Hihats: two old 22" Power Rides cut to 17"

>Ok, no one took my bait.
>Cymbals are all Paiste 2002 rides.
>24" Ride - above kick on right
>Older 24" ride cut to 23" - above hats on left
>20" Ride - far right above floor tom
>Hihats: two old 22" Power Rides cut to 17"
my diagnosis was pretty good
fuck you steve.
do they sound good?
how were they cut (not that shit doent just fucking break)?

Who's Steve?
It's Jason Roeder's (Neurosis, Sleep) set. He use them all the time. There may be some changes in some album recordings but mostly it's this set.
youtu.be/6JbAJ-GHYIY?t=2m10s

I thought the names were funny user

Benny Greb objectively has the best drum kit

In what way? I will try to play it and probably won't agree with you.

Oh, Greb. That's the name on my practice pad. He's alright. Looks like a rock set in basis. This is literally my perfect setup

He's just a better drummer than you I guess. Is weird him being so tall and having a really low kit though. But top end Meinl and Sonor gear is dreamy as fuck.

Why would anyone use anythjng except piccolo snares and trash splashes

Tbh there should be a drumming general, we get to gear wank with more expensive shit than most people

He most centrally is better. But that's not the point. It's the best set for him, maybe you but not for everyone. People make their own setups.
I'm into Paiste and DW or Gretsch. A lot of high skilled drummers use Sonor. Even this guy . If not his custom bronze set, he uses Sonor.

Yes.

>centrally
certainly*
Damn you, auto correct.

Because I'm broke I'm running pst3 and pearl forum. I'm going to go out and get a full time job between the end of college in une and start of year 2 in sep

they sound heavy, guess they need to; not a lot of need for nuance.
curious tho - there are so many cymbals out there . . .cant imagine its better to cut some vs find a sound you like? paistes are good though.

still prefer my zildjian ks

ahem
my gretsch kit with my zildjian ks.
fuckjing orgasm.

I bet that no one has a set like this. He has his own sound. He knew what sound he wanted and he made it. I don't see a problem there.
I'm using pst5's. My perfection also would be 2002's.

looks like a paiste 2002 hi hat

you are being testy and defensive
with ALL the cymbals out there, im just saying its hard to belief he could find what he was looking for
i dont hate on ZH for his layers of broken cymbals, i ge t it.
nonetheless, there are a lot of cymbals out there

Don't know where did you saw the testy and defensive part but yeah.

Is that Albini's studio?

I'm here to recommend the app in the screenshot.
'Walk Band' or something like that
(+15 google play credits)

Yes.

where is the vagina?