Mettle

Does metal culture still exist, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

siegelord.bandcamp.com/track/as-vultures-we-come
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, sadly

What would nerds who never leave their moms basements know about culture

This is why I'm asking.

Rock 'n' roll with never fackin' die, man.

it's dead in the 80s man (thank god)

lol never you little bitch, metal is more alive than ever, there are literally thousands of albums coming out every year.

>implying quantity > quality

>he's a pleb

In a vestigial form, yes. Even as someone who likes metal, metal """"culture""" should die.

Yes.

No. It was always just a figment of your imagination.

>he doesn't know what the underground is, where music thrives
>he only listens to pop music

You first :^)

Sure. Its full of 14 yo edgelords.

My buddies band uses the bones of road kill and animals they've hunted to make their outfits. Pretty metal. Check them out they are pretty good.

siegelord.bandcamp.com/track/as-vultures-we-come

There is still a metal scene in most big cities. It's pretty chill honestly. Yeah it's mostly a bunch of dudes dressed in vests and leather and covered in patches but once you talk to them they are pretty nice guys. A lot of weird people that seems intimidating but you talk to them and realize they are just nerds. Most cities have a few bars/venues that do metal and you'll find people drinking, chilling, smoking, and even a few hot chicks which is weird.

What is dying is the pretentious tendency to label and categorize everything into a subgenere and then refuse to listen to bands that aren't in your genre of choice. This is a good thing because metal as music is pretty dope.

Honestly I would say its has healthy as its ever been and is even improving due to the lack of pretension.

There is a scene where I'm from but it has been covered up by the metalcore scene. The people who don't know the difference call them all the same.

DAE LE EDGY MUSIC 4 CHILDREN XXXD

Honestly I feel metal core has died in my city and has been replaced by heavier shit. Maybe I'm just older now though. It seems like every death metal band member played in a metalcore band during High School. You get a taste and just go further into the rabbit hole.

Through the years all of the potential has been sucked out of metalcore, teenagers are growing out of it, so now it is finally dying out.

might be an age thing but in Brisbane there is still people running around raving about Northlane and In hearts Wake

Unfortunately...