youtube.com/watch?v=9EySziMncic
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ja3nP0MCF8
youtube.com/watch?v=JZbUWYil0QA
youtube.com/watch?v=IhoJYgJwpxo
youtube.com/watch?v=Fvtk7B2L33Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tvGayyloiK0

how bout those new chondritic LPs

Other urls found in this thread:

cargorecordsdirect.co.uk/products/copy-of-whitehouse-the-sound-of-being-alive-limited-edition
mega.nz/#F!HgNmjKpI!t4RwJA1STuKLeEv46fbrUw
soundcloud.com/pigswill/solace
mega.nz/#F!1BNnXLCT!hhlHRyG_tUoAalFjhjDsbA
pastebin.com/PhhV6eSx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Noise is dead, let it go.

why, what do you mean?

Yo, new Sutcliffe Jugend is probably power electronics-aoty, anybody listened to it as well? I could up it if there's interest.

U avin a giggle m8?
There are more noise musicians now than there were twenty years ago
And most of the old school artists are still producing

Anybody doing their own noise/ambient/PE projects? Looking for people to trade tape with.

Hit me up.

Newly remastered Whitehouse compilation out on Susan Lawly today! Did anyone order a copy? It's pretty fucking expensive.

cargorecordsdirect.co.uk/products/copy-of-whitehouse-the-sound-of-being-alive-limited-edition

Nah not really interested in that given there's only a couple of tracks on there that haven't been done on vinyl already

Pls do senpai

>hahaa le noise is fashion meme xD
>t. anco and p4k dickrider

Some one a few threads back mentioned making thousands of dead gods bootleg shirt. This idea really stuck with me but I have no idea how to about it. Any one know anything?

Man this would be sick

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

I meant noise as in /noise/, you fucking autistic retards. Although there is no good noise being made anymore either.

>Although there is no good noise being made anymore either

Whatever you say

WHICH ONE??

if offal or masks please upload

>good noise

post good noise, i'm probably just ignorant

I Am a Lake of Burning Orchids - Summer In My Veins
Whitehouse - Bird Seed
Kazuma Kubota - Utsuroi
Ramleh - Hole in the Heart

Hospital Productions alone is still producing good noise. The stuff they've been producing for the past eight years alone has been for the most part great. To say nobody makes good noise anymore just reeks of the sort of elitism poisoning these already lackluster threads.

it's allright digging it, i enjoy noise in general, sometime listening to it give positiv feeling.

but good noise, i mean since there cant be any melody, noise being good or bad is kind of abstract and very subjective, you cant rank something that is not trying to be melodic

>i mean since there cant be any melody, noise being good or bad is kind of abstract and very subjective, you cant rank something that is not trying to be melodic

Yes you can. Why do you have such a one-sided view of sound? Composition, texture, arrangement, technical skill, and melody as well to some degree can all be measured in noise just as in other music. People need to stop thinking of noise as this abstract and non-musical thing. It's audio art just as other music is.

Well, I usually despise most music with a melody which sticks out too much, so I can't agree at all with your view, one-sided-user

Not only is this a rather surface-level list (although I'm able to enjoy all these albums) but that Ramleh album is from the eighties. He was asking for current noise being good.

Sutcliffe Jugend - Offal (2016)
>Power Electronics, Rhythmic Noise (to an extent)

DL: mega.nz/#F!HgNmjKpI!t4RwJA1STuKLeEv46fbrUw

>Bird Seed
>noise
What are you fucking stupid or something
It's my favorite lp so it triggers me

Post your WNGs dudes

Power electronics is noise, dummy

Exactly what am I looking at here?

t. digital noise fabricator.

A white noise generator circuit built on a breadboard. It has a 1/4" output and I plan to add a on/off switch and enclose the whole thing

Still no RSE

I wonder if it'll be noisier like the first tape

THANK YOUUU

Thanks !

Somebody can check if "Masks" leaked as well?

Still dig this shit every now and again
soundcloud.com/pigswill/solace

I'm DYING for this jesus fuck.

Seriously considering buying the £100 copy on discogs, ripping it, and selling it on again.

thoughts?

The Rita - Bodies Bear Traces of Carnal Violence

>FLAC, HNW

mega.nz/#F!1BNnXLCT!hhlHRyG_tUoAalFjhjDsbA

I've been listening to some Les Rallizes Denudes, Boris. Where should I go from here?

What do you guys think of Sunn O)))?

not noise, leave boy

...?
Then what is?

I just don't get it. What is the appeal of noise?
Like, how do you dictate if something is good or not?

It's sound. People like sounds just as they do "normal" music. It takes skill and time in production, composition, tech usage, and audio manipulation to make a good piece. Please stop asking this shit.

there are tons of definitions for noise music, start with wikipedia, that might help

noise is the ultimate aesthetic, to find fulfillment in noise is to be free of the need for meaning

Don't perpetuate the view of noise as pretentious please. Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

I love Sunn O)) and Boris, you should try some more doom stuff, give Moss and Bongripper a shot maybe. As for more noise stuff you might like Fushitsusha or Hijokaidan to start with, worth a shot at least.
Otherwise I'm trying to think of some doomy noise but drawing a blank right now.

>Hijokaidan
where to start with them?

lmao im serious, come at me

post the pastebin
pastebin.com/PhhV6eSx
pretty solid
their first album the live one

if you're only familiar with noisy rock music I think starting with Hijokaidan would be a bit off-putting at first, but you asked so go for it

I started with King of Noise myself but I'd imagine any would be fine. For more rock stuff btw, Arab On Radar and Lightning Bolt are great.

hijokaidan is literally guitar based noise
it's perfect for rockists looking to check out noise

>Otherwise I'm trying to think of some doomy noise but drawing a blank right now.
halo - body of light
carved cross
blue sabbath black cheer
wicked king wicker
primitive man - p//m noise tape
persistence in mourning

Who are some Psychedelic Noise? I already listen to LRD

a lot of the shoegazey oriented stuff feels psychedelic to me like ambersmoke or yellow swans. that or repetitive, loop based noise like a lot of aaron dilloway or aube's stuff is conductive to that kinda thing. that said, I've only done shrooms once and I wasn't listening to noise while I tripped but this is the stuff I usually reach for when I'm stoned.

for me C.C.C.C. works well

aside from C.C.C.C. check out Astro

Is it really necessary to use analog equipment? I feel like I may be doing something wrong when I've only used just a laptop

I prefer analog but it's up to you
merzbow makes laptop noise

the only problem with laptops is that it's been associated with tons of derivative, low effort shit because it's the most immediately accessible way of making noise. there's nothing stopping someone from making good laptop noise it's just that analog equipment is a secondary indicator of effort and dedication. that and it's a little harder to make a good live show using a laptop but desu a lot of the analog fetishists do some pretty boring knob fiddling so that isn't a big difference.

Are these generals always this bad or what?
Reading through this one I get the distinct feeling that damn-near nobody posting in it has much of an idea about any of this stuff. What's the point?

Thank you user

what specifically in this thread do you take issue with

perhaps it's the lack of activity, which I find understandable though since there's only a fraction of noise-enthusiasts compared to most other generals on the board

MASONNA.

Nothing wrong at all as long as you know what you're doing.

Two years ago they were pretty good. This year they really died out after a long period of elitism and shitposting. Generally, not much goes on here except for shares, which is a shame, because it would be great to have conversations about concepts and such and share and talk about our own projects and other new stuff that's found.

I don't really take issue with anything(just a tourist on this board to be honest, and seeing how the entirety of it is more or less as bad as I expected it to be I don't plan to stick around), I just can't help but notice some things.
Between the namedropping of all the stuff that people usually hear first when getting into this stuff, the banal and irrelevant questions like "what is the appeal" or "how do you tell the good from the bad"(you don't ever see people talk about this shit in seasoned noise communities), the dudes who think fucking Boris, Sunn and Les Rallizes Denudes are noise(and the other dudes who recommend those dudes black metal and doom metal bands as examples of "doom noise"), posts like and so on.

I mean this isn't really that much worse than Noiseguide or whatever, but it's still pretty bad. It feels very surface level, very ignorant, and I thought the idea of these general threads was that they were hangouts for more experienced listeners.

Oh hey, it's this post again

A lot of people who post here are first timers or entry level so naturally you get a lot of n00b shit

I agree with the rest though it'd be nice to have more indepth discussion too

Again? That was literally the first post I wrote not just in this thread but on Sup Forums as a whole.

why here? lol
what's your original board?

Skullflower, Total, anything Matthew Bower

Eh, if you dudes have the patience for it then I suppose it's cool.
Personally I'd get pretty annoyed pretty quickly with thread after thread of this sort of thing.

>why here?

Because it's like one of three threads on this board which pertain to my interests and the only one which I felt compelled to post in.
Honestly, this board is a fucking awful mess even by Sup Forums standards.

>what's your original board?

Sup Forums, /ck/, occasionally /lit/

Not many do have the patience, which is why posted what he did. You're not the first to comment on the state of these threads. I'm convinced the people here know their stuff, it's just that nobody posts anything different.

>this board is a fucking awful mess even by Sup Forums standards

Sup Forums is garbage. Death Grips killed it. Good discussion can still be held in certain threads though, depending on how orderly they are, which is why I still come here.

I like those boards
Sup Forums is pretty high traffic, you can't expect too much sadly

>Sup Forums is garbage. Death Grips killed it.
you mean kanye?