Which one Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10260673
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

strawpoll.me/10260673

The Velvet underground and Nico.

Bizzarre comparison

This

inb4 4edgy5u Sup Forums contrarians flood this thread with claims that both albums suck, that everybody's a hack, etc. etc.

>bob dylan warbling over a repeating, basic chord progression with no complexity is better than Pet Sounds
sigh

>basic chord progression with no complexity
You know on what site you belong.

Blonde on Blonde

LE REDDUT??? xD

Show me some complexity on Blonde on Blonde.

Show me anything as good lyrically as Visions of Johanna or Just Like A Woman on Pet Sounds.

>missing the point this fucking hard

>lyrically
Words are music now?
How?

You asked for complexity, there's more ways than just music that an album can be complex.

Songs are literally defined as the meeting of words and music y'know, so it's a worthy request. Show me anything as good lyrically as Visions of Johanna or Just Like A Woman on Pet Sounds.

Pet Sounds is a piss stain

You idiots.
They came out on the same day.
That is why they're being compared.

Actually, no one knows for sure what the release date for Blonde on Blonde was.

Girl from the North Country
Desolation Row
Like a Rolling Stone

I think these are my favourite Dylan songs

...what

>The dating of the album's release is uncertain. May 16, 1966, has been widely accepted as the official release date;[24][111][112] however, Michael Gray, author of The Bob Dylan Encyclopedia, disputes this. Gray maintains the earliest Blonde on Blonde was available was late June or early July.[28] This coincides with the album's promotion in Billboard, which carried a full-page Columbia advertisement on June 25,[113] selected the album as a "New Action LP" on July 9,[114] and ran a review and article on July 16.[105] The album debuted on Billboard's Top LP's chart on July 23 at #101[115]—just six days before Dylan's motorcycle accident in Woodstock removed him from public view.[116] Roger Ford posits it highly unlikely that a new Bob Dylan album in the mid-1960s would take a full two months to finally rack up enough weekly sales to appear on the album chart;[117] another iconic contemporary LP which also has an official 1966 release date of May 16, Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys, entered the Billboard LP chart less than two weeks after release on May 28 at #105.[118] Clinton Heylin argues that early July is the probable release date, stating that an overdub on "Fourth Time Around" was recorded in June.[119] Blonde on Blonde has been described as rock's first studio double LP by a major artist.[120][121][a 6]

>Songs are literally defined as the meeting of words and music y'know

>Show me anything as good lyrically as Visions of Johanna or Just Like A Woman on Pet Sounds

God Only Knows has a chord progression that matches the lyrics perfectly. I personally find it to be better than any song on Blonde on Blonde.

The best part about Blonde on Blonde is the musicianship of the backing musicians, coupled with Dylan's sense of lyricism.

Everything about Pet Sounds is perfect.

Who cares.
TVUAN > PS n BOB

See I'd be more into "chords perfectly match lyrics" if zappa hadn't run that into the ground. I can't stand Zappa sometimes cuz of his syllable-matching songwriting style.

TVU&N is the most overrated album ever. There are better songs on a lyrical level about being a decadent in urban areas and there are infinitely better albums on a musical level. All it has going for it is "innovation".

lyrics have nothing to do with the music.

>words are music now
*cringes*
Fucking pleb yes words are music you dumbass. Incompetent cuck

I never said words are music. Words are parts of songs though, and songs make up an album, albums which we're discussing at least.

I'll ask again for a song as good lyrically as Visions of Johanna or Just Like A Woman.

>words are music

List em.

>words are music
What's wrong with you?

Blonde On Blonde all the way

The Beach Boys and Bob Dylan album in the OP are better at music and urban life, respectively than TVU&N

I can understand Bob Dylan. But beach boys?

Respectively as in Pet Sounds is better musically and BoB is better lyrically.

Bob Dylan is better musically:

Your mother is better with her asshole desu

Literally. If you pick Pet Sounds over Blonde on Blonde.
You probably think MBDTF is The best hip hop album.

Kek

>Pet Sounds is winning

jesus christ this board is pathetic

Why is Sup Forums obese with pet sounds?
>Inb4 you're a idiot

how tf is Blonde on Blonde losing? Its clearly the better album. I love Pet Sounds, but it all sounds the same to me. Blonde has the raucous of Rainy Day Women, the tenderness of Just Like a Woman, the goofyness of Stuck Inside of Mobile.

It should be no competition. Not to mention on top of Bob's complex use of R&B (thats right, complex. You try making something like Visions of Johanna) it also has the most poetic lyrics ever put to an album.

What is wrong with you guys

since when is basic chord progression=bad?

quit with your le patrician bullshit

pet sounds wins other than sloop

also, Blonde on Blonde released around June/July. Its false information that it was released in May. Therefore, your thread is shit.

Pet Sounds is okay but pales in comparison to Blonde on Blonde

the song with the best bassline of all time? ya na mate

u mean the first song on unknown pleasures??
or even like starship trooper, sloop sucks so bad

People who dont think pet sounds is the far far better album probably dont even like music desu

Nobody cares.

obviously you do

this

BoB easily. Good times getting drunk in a drink sodden bar kinda music.

Atleast I love you.

>it all sounds the same to me
you must be deaf

>but it does sound like one long boring song

Kek

No u