Thee Silver Mount Zion

Just listened to this EP and never really listened to them properly before. Where should I go with them now? Loved the first track, anything else that sounds like that?
Thee Silver Mount Zion general I guess

I've only enjoyed He Has Left Us Alone.. but I return to that album a lot.
I listen to that alongside F#A#Infinity and Lift Your Skinny Fists, they seem like similar yet diverse albums.
(Silver Mt Zion and GY!BE are basically the same band, in case anyone didn't know.)

Not really a huge Godspeed fan desu. I like what they do but theyre not really for me but I really felt this EP. I'll give He Has Left Us Alone a go tho cause that seems to be there most well known and critically acclaimed

Godspeed You! are fairly consistently transcendental, He Has Left Us Alone.. feels like an album that stays within a bedroom, or office, if that makes sense.
It's really beautiful, but in a more confined sort of way than GY!'s work.

less bombastic i guess

This EP is the only thing I haven't listened to by them, all of their albums are great. I would check out Horses in the Sky and This Is Our Punk Rock and then 13 Blues for Thirteen Moons.

Am I the only one who really likes Kollaps Tradixionales? None of their albums are really that consistent, every single one has one or two tracks I don't like, but this one seems like the most consistent one to me.

Horses In The Sky is more similar to Pretty Little Lightning Paw than the first two albums. It's also my favorite ASMZ album.

For some reason, that's the only one I couldn't really get into. I Built Myself a Metal Bird is one of my favorite songs by them but the rest of it just didn't really do it for me.

There is a Light has pretty killer ending.

Yeah okay really liking Horses In The Sky
He Has Left Us Alone just sounded like Godspeed
Cheers fellas

>just sounded like Godspeed
yeah but nah

Not sure if people in this thread are contrarians or just bad taste
1. Fuck Off Get Free We Pour Light... (but don't start with that)

paws EP has no place above Kollaps and 13 moons, sorry mate

i subjectively like it because of sentimental reasons, but never mind the order paws moons and kollaps are bottom 3

Personally I find Horses in the Sky to turn from great in the first half to borderline bad in the second half. Same problem with This is our Punk Rock. Born as Sparks and He Has Left Us are good but they are one of the least relistenable albums I know, very draining and I just never feel like listening to them. Fuck Off and Kollaps are great relistenable albums with some amazing moments and keep consistent quality throughout their length (though last track in Fuck Off is unnecessary).

I agree, with What we loved was not enough as a closer it would've been amazing, but it's an ok track so whatever, sometimes I chose to listen to it and sometimes don't.
Horses In The Sky starts pretty good, but it gets worse as it goes like you said.
IMO Born as sparks and he has left us (first mainly) have replay value, but they are not for every mood.

it = last track on fuck off get free

Movie (Never Made) is the best ASMZ song.
Discuss.

How am I supposed to sort this band on my iTunes when they change their name slightly constantly?

>itunes

pick the name you like best and apply it to all albums