How does Sup Forums feel about The Shape of Punk to Come?

How does Sup Forums feel about The Shape of Punk to Come?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IsJEVbJwCEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Good Korn nu-metal

The Ornette Coleman album of similar name is better

solid post-hardcore

drums the only good part

Awful album, praised by wannabe hipster punks who don't know shit about the real punk movement.

>implying you even know what real punk movement really is

>post-hardcore
>punk movement

was one of my fav punk albums for a solid while. It's still up there in my top 10.

>ooh I only attend street punk shows where everyone sits outside on the street instead of watching bands so I know what punk is more than YOU do
fuck off

Ii both hate the "real" punk and the new, modern punk. Punk is not really my cup of tea.

Refused was a punk band you fucking moron. Being a post-hardcore band does not automatically exclude you from the punk movement.

they have their own scene though

>I was like you once. Then I was told off on here. I'm not so much of a fag now. You'll learn stuff if you stick around user.

The Shape Of Punk To Come is sick but never produced a single as good as Pump The Brakes.

Before anyone says New Noise, I think it's actually one of the worse songs on the album.
It's a tight, fantastic listen though and its influence and importance cannot be understated.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsJEVbJwCEU

There is no such thing as a 'post-hardcore' scene. It's a wide and far-reaching umbrella term, hence the constant dispute over what 'post-hardcore' actually means.
There are many post-hardcore bands that aren't punk (Slint) and many that most certainly are (Fugazi).

who are you quoting

It is a great album in several ways. It's the culmination of very original and interesting, yet intense and raw ideas the band had been developing since its inception, it's pretty unique and enjoyable, consistent but varied and overall has a personality of its own.

And the best part is that it's one of the best albums to trigger sissy pawnk rawk armchair-anarchist manchildren who think they're special because they only listen to cassettes of bass players farting two chords over the sound of an empty casserole being spanked repeatedly.

I give it a 8.5/10

>cassettes of bass players farting two chords over the sound of an empty casserole being spanked repeatedly.
actually it's lasagne

>mah troo pnk ;_;
>lol dis dis is jus nu methul isnt it other punk-fellas? hehe just like korn amirite?
I love it when these people start crying all over their *le scene*

Punk is dead, said Crass & PiL, and they were right. Problem is, "punks" think this is a bad thing, because they need to hold on to something like a music scene to compensate for their lack of individuality.

SAW THIS IN A SHOP...

I really like it and I don't care for post-hardcore in general. Make of that what you will.

But lasagne is usually cooked on trays and those don't resonate so good in a punkster's mom's basement

It's an amazing and entertaining album. I don't give a shit about lyrical content or scenes. Sup Forums used to almost-unanimously agree on the musical quality of this album-- a rare thing to witness in this board. I guess it was too rare and now everyone has turned into a supercool contrarian.

CANNED ICE CREAM?

>muh linear timeline that the modern ways of production has forced upon us

shit or not, it gave us the greatest rym review of all time

Paramore like this album. It's Paramore-core

be a kind user and share it with us newfags

noice

oh boy

Skillfully composed and energetically executed album that is only hated by nu-males and contrarians who think that just because their opinion is different and against the "norm" it immediately makes them unique and "not-sheeple".

Ooooooh link?

>Skillfully composed and energetically executed album that is only hated by nu-males and contrarians who think that just because their opinion is different and against the "norm" it immediately makes them unique and "not-sheeple".
here's you're (you)

Damn, this thread's already better than that shitty album.

>more doubloons

go die. this is a dubs thread now