Why aren't you running a Lineage based custom ROM Sup Forums?

Why aren't you running a Lineage based custom ROM Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

lineage.microg.org
forum.xda-developers.com/z2-play/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3731228
lineage.microg.org/
reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/6x67qz/lineage_privacy_guard_shows_fake_permissions_for/
reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/7ac0a6/privacy_guard_in_los_is_completely_non_functional/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i am

There's no build for my phone otherwise I would.
I have it on a tablet tho.

Because these pajeet developers are slow with their releases. Android P developer preview is out and they still don't have LineageOS 15.1 builds out.

The Jews that made my phone don't allow the bootloader to be unlocked.

they had a basic version of Nougat which was stable but unfinished

then when Oreo came out instead of finishing Nougat or even dropping a security update they just dropped it and jumped straight to Oreo and after AGES finally released an even more basic version,

soon they'll drop everything and work on android P and the cycle continues, no good features will ever be added

This is pretty much the exact same way I see things. They are simply just too slow with the bringup and they keep having more and more issues that they cannot solve due to lack of knowledge. If they cannot fix those trivial bugs there's really no point to bother with the entire project. They can write a device requirement but their maintainers are not able to meet those requirements.

Still in development for my model, almost done though, hyped for the official release

Because shit support. Hoping to get oreo and treble within a couple months so I can finally install a good ROM.

(they) won't let me

because it runs like shit on Samsung devices plus it turns the camera into a complete shit

Because I audited the source and found it pinging home and sending packets to some weird as fuck places.

Because I will lose OnePlus camera optimizations that Oxygen has

>packets
Sounds pretty scary, user. Who knows what could be in those packets -- drugs? Anthrax?

There are oxygen camera ports yk

The Samsung j3 that someone gave me isn't on the list of compatible devices. Thinking about giving it/selling and getting a Moto G4 to put LineageOS on it.

>update comes out every week
>there is no updater and you have to flash it from a recovery.
Why would you bother with that

On official builds the device will reboot into recovery mode and will install the zip without any user interaction. After that it will reboot and you are up and running.

>no Z2 Play rom
>Z line is dying with the Z3
i got rused
why didnt i buy another phone ree

I thought lineage was a confirmed botnet after they found out it was sending logs to the devs?

I thought this happened when it was CyanogenMod?

i have an android one phone so it's not necessary right now

it's the same OS, so it will probably happen again

have not found a stable rom for OP5T. Oxygen is well polished. If there is one, please do tell.

i am on my secondary.

Codename Phoenix

I'm a human I don't run software

me too

Micro usb port is broken, can charge but can't transfer data.

Any suggestions for how to install a custom rom without a usb port would be appreciated.

had a problem like this on an unrooted tablet.
ended up using one of those botnet chink root apps, and flashed a new twrp version on it via the terminal on the tablet. then nuked it from space, and the rest was easy enough given the zip to a custom ROM.
the tablet is shit though, don't even use it now.

But I am user, from here lineage.microg.org

Because the camera firmware for my phone hasn't been properly duplicated so in anything other than stock ROMs it'll randomly reboot when the camera decides to stop working, which includes the flashlight feature since that's part of the camera. Not to mention total loss of ISO and shutter speed adjustment. So I just took the stock rom for my phone and ripped out everything I didn't want, added root, and I use that. Since moto doesn't add any special ui or anything, it's basically stock Android at that point. So much so that substratum works in legacy mode for changing UI elements to my liking, and xposed works perfectly.

me too, red leader, standing by

Why would I? What are the benefits of Lineage OS? Would I be able to use my regular applications?

I was about to ask if you could enable adb over network but I realized that's not a feature of most (any?) stock ROMs

I've thought about doing this but I don't trust the botnet root apps.

That might work, although as you say it's probably not a feature, but I'll look into it.

I'm waiting for official 15.1 builds for my phone.

Hi, I have a revvl 5049w (TMobile USA); is there an alternate OS I can install on this device? జ్ఞా
I dont see how it is supported for lineage. Help

I'm using it right now but a few weeks ago when I updated it cleared all of my settings and changed everything to the defaults including contacts, but it didn't all of the downloaded apps, pictures, etc. Basically it reverted the apps that it came with and kept everything else.
I have no idea what happened but take this as a warning to always make backups.

Lineage-based ROMs are fucking aids, fucking pajeets making ''custom''''' versions of it with those 2005-looking themes or broken/useless features, a bunch of open source apps that no one cares about, just stick to og lineage.

I'm running a gingerbread phone rooted with cm11 barely skating by running chat apps, email, clover, and redreader
3" tho

Because my phone isn't supported

I'm using an AOSP-based ROM. It's kinda old but it supports stock camera app perfectly.

Can you even Google?
forum.xda-developers.com/z2-play/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-t3731228

Does Google Maps work?

I will when Blackberry stops updating the KeyOne.

i am.

because i prefer to use lineageos itself

It does, though I never use them

Fellow AT&T user?

Have LeMax2. Want to degoogle (Fdroid, K9 mail, FOSS apps), but cannot decide on an official ROM to use as I don't trust any of them faggots on XDA. Is the only option taking the Vendor ROM (EUI) and start learning Java to remove the bloat? All I need is 1) security updates 2) working camera 3) Fdroid.

I have lineage, phone crashes about once a day. To be fair it's probably the RAM dying or something

Because OmniROM is better.

Maybe if you had a oneplus one... Heh heh hej what device are you using? I'm still on OP1 from 2014.. Just ordered a new battery and screen protector. One of the best phones I've ever had. Might upgrade after the house is done... eventually.

Running resurrection remix android 7.1.1. I like the features, it has toggles for everything you'd otherwise pursue with the xposed framework.

But I am of course.What else is still supported on S3 lmao

On my Moto G5 I'm using this Pixel Experience ROM. It's pretty neat. For an 8.1 ROM I don't find issues.

My home button broke. Can't access recovery mode.

my lgg4 cant be rooted

Anyone tried LineageOS 15.1 with the microG patch? It gets rid of Play Services and replaces it with a much lighter open source alternative your phone still works how it should without Google stuff installed.

Could someone share their experience with this? Everything working as it should? Is the battery life any better?

lineage.microg.org/

Also I use some Google apps and services like Keep, Gmail and Drive, do those work alright on microG?

I don't use those apps, but work great with others. I'm using a Moto G4.

Great to hear. Do you use any Google apps at all? Which Play Store alternative do you use?

I switched rom like 5 times this week.

on xmass I give los 14.1 a try
its nice but on my redmi3 its slow

I tried few ohers, ressurection remix, pixel experience,.. but all of them were slow and lacked some features

imagine that you use two sims and cant set different ring tone per sim card
thats crazy
build in call recording in miui was also very handy (I have shit memory and people telling me name and addresses was issue for me)

i am on fucking android 5 with this miui rom
Will miss smart unlock and fingerprint api used in keepass

but I tell you one thing, MIUI squezes the best performance and best battery life out of xiaomi phones

Its completely different to the idea that people have about manufacturers rom.
That theres this shitload of bloat, and going as close to AOSP as possible will give you performance and battery life and security updates... maybe its like that with samsung or whatever, but my experience with xiaomi and custom roms left me with sense of appreciation for MIUI

not official you dummy

Dirty Unicorns is out for hammerhead. Goodbye piece of shit LineageOS.

How does it fare/compare to Lineage, though?

xperia z1 compact not supported.

It is, the unofficial one is bug free with stock camera hal

gmail and drive work fine for me.

i am
just few days ago a functional build finally appeared for mi max 2
thank you poojeets, my phone is finally free of MIUI

> Implying they will ever release an Oreo build
The project is dead

Exactly. I remember when Cyanogen used to delivery new and functional Android versions before most companies.

Just Sup Forums being retarded as always

Because it's more buggy than CM12.1 and it doesn't have a native theme engine

Good to hear! I'll try microG out this week.

same here

There is tho

You used it?

They are already releasing official Oreo builds for some devices user

Yes, sold my Z1C for 70 and got a Z5C for 100, Z5C was shit compared to Z1C on that Lineage build. Sold the Z5C for 180 and got a new Moto Z for 200

there isnt one for s8

Lineage OS bro reporting in

>S5
>that font size
I already told you to stop browsing Sup Forums, dad.

Yes, I do fuck your mother. Your point being?

Fuck you dad, don't count on me when you have a stroke

Can use my bank app in it.

Xiaomeme Redmi Note 3 is still stuck with LOS14.1 as official and I can't be bothered to go from NOS Oreo to unofficial/beta LOS15.1

Fuck you son, don't count on me when you need to borrow money.

Nope, Verizon.

I am

Because my BlackBerry Classic doesn't support it. Also, because the Hub is better than having an email app and text app separate.

i'm on some old cyanogen mod build and have been slacking off upgrading

Because it doesn't support my phone and the stock OS is better anyway

where u found that menu?

reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/6x67qz/lineage_privacy_guard_shows_fake_permissions_for/
reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/7ac0a6/privacy_guard_in_los_is_completely_non_functional/

This, several phones and several roms later, miui is by far the best stock or even aftermarket rom available for android, with functionality built in that's hard or a hassle to replace/replicate in other roms.

The launcher is shit, and the roms do feel chinky, but w/e.

Because AOSPA is better

im using dirty unicorns on my pixel 2 xl

nice try chinks, nobody in their right mind considers miui a good rom

>muh official
who cares moron