Sup Forums, when will the next Brand New record come out?

Sup Forums, when will the next Brand New record come out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=131vEZrUXUw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

April 2018

No idea famalam. Loving the singles and Sealed to me so far

they are just gonna release one song a year until the end of the world

How in the fuck could you love that whiny 2005 hit new MTV music video cringe worthy single they just shit out?

it's catchy and [spoiler]fun[/spoiler]

i really really hope the album doesn't sound like Mene and I Am A Nightmare.

What would you prefer?

It's total regression in terms of sound. They've gone backwards in terms of sound and it is totally bland and unoriginal pop-punk that so many other bands are doing better. I'm a huge fan of BN, but this was just disappointing to hear, I only like the first 30 seconds or so of the song, the rest is just bland. And yeah it's catchy, but that's never meant anything to me if it's dog shit on the whole.

I should be a mix of them and songs like sealed to me

They've gone backwards in their discog *

418 confirmed

>it is totally bland and unoriginal pop-punk that so many other bands are doing better
Then post these bands and their 2016 releases that are better than I am a nightmare.

Taking back Sunday is better.

TBS aren't as cathartic.

Who said 2016? It's not like Brand New is going for a new sound of 2016, they're going for a tired sound that isn't new in any way. I don't like all of these bands but come on, Hotelier, You Blew It!, Modern Baseball, Front Bottoms, Joyce Manor, thats just a few that have taken the sound in at least a 15% original direction. Brand New is anything but at this point. No need to get defensive over your shitty taste, you don't have to like something your favorite artist pumps out, especially if it's uninspired schlock.

Who said 2016?

You did
>bland and unoriginal pop-punk that so many other bands are doing better
"Doing" implies that there are bands right now doing it

>you don't have to like something your favorite artist pumps out
I sincerily like the song you pretentious fuck

IN THE WORST
WAY

Yeah as in the generation of sound, not the exact same day of release. I know you like the song, I said you don't have to defend your shitty taste

I'M MISERABLE > any bn album.

You know what, I take back all my ad hominem assaults. I'm glad you enjoy it user, and I had no reason to insult your subjective taste that shouldn't mean a thing to me. I just really loved the last 2 BN albums growing up and this new one seems like dog shit so far. I shouldn't take it out on you, but I've learned that I should take it out on Jesse, the hack fraud that named his daughter after a dead artist because it seemed trendy at the time

apology accepted

What do you think of Sealed to me?

youtube.com/watch?v=131vEZrUXUw

Lyrically I liked it, which I can't say for Mene or Nightmare. I liked the energy of Mene though. If all 3 of these songs are on the new album, it'll be an amalgamation of their discog it would seem. I just wanted them to move on I guess. It would seem wrong of me, but I assume it's taken this long for a record because the band just doesn't have it in them. Jesse has talked a lot about how he's moved on from preforming and doesn't have the same drives to make music becuase he's too happy with his family life. I wanted something to top or even come close to Devil and God, but I know that won't happen from them now.

>I want my Don Quijote

Is Jesse confessing he's gay and has a thing for... Hispanic PEOPLE?!?!?!?

Maybe he has a particularly nice copy of the Quixote and his ex has it...?

I wanted them to expand on that B side Out of Range...it would have been Devil and God 2.0

aren't they breaking up?

I liked Sealed to me and Mene, but not really I am a nightmare...I feel the next record will be worse than Daisy ( I liked where they were going with Daisy, really thought they matured as artists...), so I don't have any high expectations

Yeah, Jesse said they're either going to release a 7 track EP and break up after some touring, or release a full length LP and then break up after some touring.