/BLINDFOLD TEST/

Welcome to the weekly Sup Forums jazz Blindfold Test thread. Every Friday and Saturday.

If you're new, the point of these threads is to have fun and encourage critical listening, discussion, and general enjoyment of jazz. All critical music listeners are welcome. The more participation we have, the more fun and successful these threads will be. In the interest of keeping the thread alive and bumped, any general jazz discussion is welcomed here as well.

For more information about how the threads work and listening suggestions, please refer to the pastebin: pastebin.com/5cjEr3A6

THIS WEEK'S THEME: Standards
COMPILED BY: Bebob

NEXT WEEK: Connecting LInks
COMPILED BY: JTG

If you missed last week's thread, DON'T WORRY. It's not too late. Here are the links for the mystery tracklist. Download the tracks, record your thoughts/guesses/evaluations for each one, and then come back and post them in the thread. Remember, people will be posting guesses and thoughts in this thread so don't read the thread until you have listened to the music and collected your thoughts in order to avoid spoilers. Track info for this week's tracks will be posted on Saturday, so if you see the thread is close to dying before then, give it a bump.

www108.zippyshare.com/v/DtyskHsn/file.html

Posting with names or tripcodes is encouraged as it makes discussion much easier.

bump

Bump

jazz stupid

I did all my listening early, but won't have a chance to post my thoughts until later.

Bumping anyway

bump

bump. Just finishing my thoughts for the week.

just wanna pop by and say this is a really cool idea and I hope it continues to grow. I haven't had time to participate yet but as somebody who remains fairly new to jazz I'm looking forward to participating.

Bump

Ok, guess I'm first today.

Spoiler alert-

>Track 1
Hm. I can’t seem to pick out what the standard is. Nevertheless this is very nice. Both pianists are listening to each other really well and play with a similar style but are complimenting each other nicely. My first thought is that one of them might be Errol Garner but the chord voicings sound a bit too hip at times for that. Oh it’s Someday My Prince Will Come. Yeah there’s a lot of really great stuff going on in here. I’d assume this has got to be Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock. There’s too much going on in here to talk about it all. From this first listen I’d guess that Chick was in the right channel and Herbie is in the left… I might have to come back and listen from the beginning and see if I can get a better idea.

>Track 2
When’s the last time there was some Monk on a playlist? I’m glad we’re getting back to that. This is a tune called Bright Mississippi. I think it’s a contrafact of Sweet Georgia Brown. Sounds like probably Charlie Rouse on tenor but man he kinda sounds like Coltrane at times doesn’t he? I love how simple Monk’s solo is. It could have been longer though. I don’t know that I’d call this a standard, especially Monk’s version, because it’s really just a contrafact of another standard.

>Track 3
I recognize this tune but I don’t know if I know the name of it. Sounds like Bird and Diz. Maybe Bud on the piano. The tempo is a little bit out of control, but it settles in better after the piano solo. Sounds like a nice early recording of Bird and Diz. The rhythm section has a little bit of trouble keeping up with them they figure it out by the end.

>Track 4
Well I was thinking a lot of things listening to the pianist but once the sax comes in it’s very obviously Paul Desmond. I don’t know the name of this but it sounds like just a blues. Or maybe it’s not- it’s sounds like there’s a bridge in there somewhere. Desmond played some cool stuff. But when Brubeck plays the bluesy things he sounds a little corny. He should stick more to doing his classically influenced lines because they sound pretty cool. The block chord section goes on a little long- I think he went there a little early in the solo which gives it a certain energy level that’s hard to maintain when you let it loose to early. He does some cool rhythmic stuff to keep it fairly interesting though. I think this quartet sounds better on their original music but not bad.

>Track 5
This is one of the tracks from Birth of the Cool, I’m not sure which one. It sounds like this is maybe from a different recording session? The quality is worse than what I’m used to hearing. Well I don’t know that I’d call this one a standard… does anybody play this? I’d say Boplicity is maybe the only real standard that came out of these sessions. Is this still Miles on trumpet? I guess it must be. He sounds a little like Kenny Dorham here.

>Track 6
Body and Soul. Now that’s a standard. Somebody’s doing a pretty good Ben Webster impression. Could be Ben Webster I guess. The recording quality sounds too good I suppose. Well not too much else to say about this one. We’ve all heard similar versions of this a hundred times.

>Track 7
I don’t know the standard. I’m guessing this is Keith Jarrett? The piano playing is a very nice mix of everything- you can hear bits of old school players like Hank Jones, bits of more modal players like Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock but also heavy doses of Bill Evans, mostly in those chordal fills he does in between phrases. But on second thought there aren’t really any of the long eighth note lines I associate with Jarrett. Also no moaning… Could be an 80’s recording of Kenny Barron or even Andy LaVerne. I don’t know, does anybody else listen to Andy LaVerne? He playing usually falls somewhere between Bill Evans and Chick Corea so this actually does sound like him.

>Track 8
Donna Lee at blistering speed. Sounds quite a bit like Clifford Brown. Probably Wynton Marsalis. Marsalis’s views about music are pretty stupid but he’s really an incredible bebop player. I’d be interested to hear Alex Sipiagin’s opinion on Marsalis’s playing. Sometimes Sipiagin has a similar sound when playing fast bebop type stuff. On this recording I’d like to hear the piano player do more interesting comping but I sympathize with him because at this speed he’s probably just hanging on for dear life. Ooh I like the alto player’s sound. Very old school. Vincent Herring maybe? I don’t know if he ever played with Marsalis. Well this recording doesn’t bring anything new to the table but I’ll enjoy it just for listening to some top-shelf bebop.

>Track 9
I was picking up a Bill Evans vibe from the intro but once the bass takes over it’s pretty obvious it’s Bill Evans. I can’t place the tune though. Eddie Gomez on bass probably? The accuracy is incredible. You can hear there is still some pretty cool interaction going on between them but nothing on the same level as what Bill achieved with LaFaro. This sounds like a later recording so maybe it’s not Gomez on bass. Anyway it’s a nice succinct track that highlights the bass player but also gives the trio a chance to really play together. Pretty nice.

>Track 10
Yuck. I hate this tune. Just from having to play and listen to so many boring versions of it. It doesn’t sound like this version is going to do much to improve on that. Oh it’s Jaki Byard. It’s the Mingus version with Dolphy and Johnny Coles. So they do a few things to make it a little more interesting- mostly that solo stride section- but still overall this is probably my least favorite track from this record. Dolphy’s solo is a lot of fun and improves a lot once the rhythm section drops out. The chaotic ending is kind of fun too. Mostly I wish they would have done something more interesting with the initial statement of the head.

bump

Bumps, I should be home in like 1.5 hours with my comments - looks like jtg had many of the same observations and then some

I had some stuff come up this morning/afternoon so I still need to finish listening to the last half of the tracks and writing up my thoughts.

Bumping with the info that I have a duo and Connecting Links picked, but I do want to check jtg's Links first to not do same ideas too much.

I finally got done writing all my stuff down.

1. It took me a while to realize this was two pianos but it is cool. I haven’t really heard anything like this before. It starts off with a lot of classical influence that keeps coming back throughout it but there are a lot of other influences here too. It goes on for pretty long but I stayed pretty interested in it all the way through. I don’t know if Bill Evans ever did any duets like this but I could imagine that one of the pianists is him. Oh and I didn’t recognize this as a standard 3.5 stars.
2. I’m pretty sure this has to be Monk. I think I’ve heard this song but I have no idea of what the title is. This saxophone player is fun to listen to. It kind of sounds like alto which I’ve never heard with Monk’s recordings before. It sounds like the sax player has some influence from Ornette Coleman maybe. Overall this was a fun one to listen to. 3.5 stars.
3. Very beboppy. I’m going to guess that it’s Charlie Parker but that seems like the obvious answer so I’m probably wrong. But it does sound like Dizzy Gillespie on trumpet. This one is almost too fast to take in with just one listen and also the recording quality isn’t great. It might be easier to follow after a couple listens. 3 stars.

4. I think this might be Dave Brubeck but I’m not completely sure. I think that saxophone tone is recognizable so I think I’m starting to get better at recognizing players. This one didn’t really do that much for me and I think it would have been better if it was shorter. 2.5 stars.
5. It sounds like kind of a laid back big band. I don’t recognize the song here once again but I’ve never been that into big bands so that’s not that surprising. I liked the main body of the song but I didn’t really think the solos were that great. 2.5 stars.
6. This sounds like one of those old classic tenor players like Coleman Hawkins or Ben Webster but the recording sounds more modern than most of theirs I’ve heard. It seems very traditional but I like that it just brings out the beauty of the melody and the song. 3.5 stars.
7. This is a nice piano trio. The bass sounds kind of clunky and makes me think of 80’s piano trios. I like the playing a lot and the drumming is pretty good. Some parts of it make me think of Bill Evans. It could be something from later in his career because I have only heard his stuff from the 60s and earlier. It’s pretty nice. 3.5 stars.

8. Finally one I actually know the name of! It’s Donna Lee. It’s really really fast. Maybe even faster than track 3 but it’s a lot easier to follow even at that speed. Whoever the trumpet player is is great. This mostly seems like an opportunity to show off how fast they can play but honestly it’s pretty impressive anyway. 3 stars.
9. This sounds like Bill Evans again to me so maybe all piano trios just sounds like Bill Evans to me. I think if any of the ones I guessed is him it’s probably this one though. The emphasis on bass and the way the piano player holds his chords sounds like Bill Evans to me. This one was pretty enjoyable and I especially liked the bass playing. 4 stars.
10. I know this one too. It’s Take the A Train. It sounds like a pretty standard version of it. But then things got kind of crazy when everybody just dropped out and the piano took over. Then there’s a bass clarinet solo that has to be Eric Dolphy I think. Then everybody just goes crazy. So even though this one is really long and one of the most common standards I think all the cool stuff that they do with it makes it really fun to listen to. It must be from some live Dolphy release I’ve never heard. 4 stars.

Cool. Let's do the duo one for next week then.

bump

Alrighty, my previously written first run impressions:

Track 1:
Alright, from the very start this sounds like Chick Corea to me.
A piano duet? Chick's done many of those with different pianists, so I'm pretty confident one is him.

No idea what they are playing 3 minutes in.

OK, so it's Someday My Prince Will Come.

I'm not usually a huge fan of these piano duet recordings because the instruments become so intertwined easily especially when you're not using headphones that I feel like I'm either missing out on the interplay or spending too much mental effort making sure I'm paying attention to the different instruments separately. Definitely a much nicer experience to see live when the visual cues make it easier to appreciate everything that's going on.

This one is pretty pleasant - I actually put on headphones to hear the separation better.

Don't know who the other one is - some individual parts made me think of Keith Jarrett in the 70's and this is probably a mid-80's recording at latest with the scratchy vinyl rip and everything, I think he's played duets with Chick.

Track 2:
This is a lot of fun. I'm enjoying the sax just doing it's own thing.

This is very Monky. It's been a while since Monk himself has made a /blindfold/ appearance, but maybe here.

I don't recognize the tune or maybe it's a very twisted form of something.

That was very enjoyable.

Track 3:
This standard is Dizzy's Be-Bop. I like the composition.

Doesn't sound like a Dizzy version I'd be familiar with before, though, but could be him on trumpet. Very confident and strong playing in the solo, whoever it is. I'm just going to default to guessing it's Charlie Parker on sax.

Nice tune and a good version of it - no complaints.

Track 4:
Tune sounds vaguely familiar, but can't think of a name.

Sax player sounds like Paul Desmond or Stan Getz maybe with that sweetly singing vibrato thing and general smoothness - guessing Getz due to the rest of the band.

I like the pianist - he's not afraid to take charge of things. A nice contrast between approaches between him and the sax player.

This band has a great drive. Swings very nicely.

Good slice of traditional, swinging jazz.

Sounds like a much larger crowd in the end than I imagined. I was thinking this was some mid-to-late 50's recording, but maybe it was something more recent.

Track 5:
The sound quality is making this a little hard to enjoy. Early 50's?

This sounds like Budo, but not the version that's on Birth of the Cool. Guess it's Miles and his gang anyway.

Oh, a voiceover at the end - originally some radio broadcast then?

Track 6:
Some sweet ballad playing for a change.

Ben Webster or Coleman Hawkins on sax? Recording sounds maybe a little more recent than those fellows, though. Good breathy ballad sax, whoever it is.

I tend to favor more upbeat tunes and the quality of playing really makes a difference in ballads for me, this is rather enjoyable for me.

No idea what this standard is, though.

This recording made me think of the early 90's Archie Shepp album Black Ballads. Shepp is playing relatively smoothly on it compared to his 60's and 70's work, but not this smoothly, but for some reason this track just brought that album to my mind.

Track 7:
I don't have a lot to say about this.

No idea of the standard and the musicians aren't ringing any bells either.

It's nice that there's all this playfullness in the soloing, but this isn't doing much for me - feels very mediocre and stale.

Track 8:
Donna Lee. Nice uptempo version of it, too.

The first version I ever heard of Donna Lee was Jaco Pastorius' solo electric bass version. I can tell you that it's a little bit hard making sense of the tune just based on that version alone. I have great memories of this song opening my ears to stuff from first hearing a proper harmonized version after Jaco's thing and then _again_ hearing Jaco's solo with another bass track outlining the harmonies.

This version had a very traditional 50's feel to it at first, but sounds like it might be a bit more recent than the style sounds like. Pretty nice bebop-playing in any case - always cool to hear live, but there are diminishing returns on any new version this close to the original.

Track 9:
Piano playing reminds me of Bill Evans.

Surprisingly prominent bass suddenly - pretty nice bass solo. Scott LaFaro on bass? Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen sometimes sounds like this. A little bit overbearing even.

No idea of the standard.

Another one that I don't have too much to say about - I like how it starts of and ends very gently with some more spirited playing in between, nice dramatic arc and a pretty satisfying ending.

Track 10:
Take the A Train. Nice powerful swing and big sound.

The stridey piano solo was a surprise. Nice raucous spirit throughout.

Haha, this bass clarinet solo is great. Has to be Eric Dolphy, I guess. Good contrast of adventurous playing with the more traditional accompaniment.

Yeah, this was great even though the sax player couldn't quite measure up to the clarinet solo. Very enjoyable.

>Track 4

I guess this might be my weekly egg-on-face learning experience - I thought the sax sounded a lot like Desmond but I was pretty sure the pianist wasn't Brubeck.

I might post tomorrow but I won't be able to post tonight. Have a good thread y'all!

forgot namefag

Track 7:

Really Jarrett for this?

I tend to expect much more from him than this - I do gravitate more to his 70's stuff before he turned more into a standards guy, though. I've listened to fairly little of his 80's stuff for example.

>Birth of the Cool
Oh I guess I should be embarrassed I didn't catch this

>but once the bass takes over it’s pretty obvious it’s Bill Evans.
I guess the lesson here is that if I guess Bill Evans enough eventually I'll be right

I was on the right track with some of these this week though, assuming that your guesses are accurate.

I assume jtg's Links is still going to be next week.

I'll be travelling in China the week after that, so not sure if I can participate at all - if there's solid information that the Great Firewall let's me actually post on Sup Forums, I'm fine with my duos being the next one, but if I'm going to be blocked, I'd prefer to have my stuff be featured on the next week when I can interact (but I can just email you the reveal and comments, so no big deal).

I'm totally fine with my duos being next week and jtg's Links the week after that if that seems good to y'all.

>It's been a while since Monk himself has made a /blindfold/ appearance, but maybe here.
So far we've all agreed that this one was Monk so I'm pretty confident it is.

Sounds like the only ones that nobody's really sure about the artist are track 6 and 7

Track 1:
I consider myself lucky for realizing that it's a duet as early as I did. I was reflecting later that I may have easily breezed through most of it without realizing if I hadn't been paying extra attention.

>I assume jtg's Links is still going to be next week.
Yeah I guess I meant we'd do jtg's next week and yours the week after but if you're going to be gone maybe we can do yours this week and jtg's the week after or something if you can't join in that week.

I'll admit I stretched the definition of standard for some of these.
>Could be an 80's recording
This is actually quite a bit later than that

>seems like the obvious answer so I'm probably wrong
I always feel like that calling players on these.
>diminishing returns
This is the perfect way to describe how playing a standard straight ahead affects how people hear it.

I think 6 is pretty interesting as a /blindfold/ track in the sense of whether we listeners think it's a classic character like Webster or Hawkins or whether we know of more contemporary players with the sound - it's certainly the most intriguing reveal for me at least.

For 7, I am quite interested in what's Bebop's angle to include this on the list. It doesn't seem like a noteworthy thing to me, so it seems like an interesting learning opportunity.

While I might put down tracks in these threads when I don't get them, I do believe there's no better way to learn more about music than trying to understand something that I didn't get before.

I think the best attitude to take to /blindfold/ is "the tracks you liked the least are where you can learn the most".

>I think the best attitude to take to /blindfold/ is "the tracks you liked the least are where you can learn the most".
I like that

With these parameters, I'd prefer mine next week, jtg's after that with an early link so I can email you my thoughts on jtg's a week early for max. regular participation - that theme was my idea, so I'd love to take a crack at first impressions

I'll send you my duo list tomorrow anyway

Oh will you be around the thread tomorrow to post the track info?

If not can you email it to me sometime tonight?

>Alright, from the very start this sounds like Chick Corea to me.
Really? It didn't occur to me that it might be Chick Corea until pretty far into the track. And even then I think I only really thought of it because I know he recorded some duo stuff with Herbie.

>This recording made me think of the early 90's Archie Shepp album Black Ballads
Shepp actually recorded this tune a few times later in his career.

I don't think I would have recognized the piano playing as Brubeck without the obvious Paul Desmond playing to give it away.

I'll be around for sure.

Jarrett was my first thought yeah... certain elements of the piano remind me a LOT of him but then some parts sound pretty uncharacteristic for him too and this doesn't really sound like his Standards Trio. Though the drummer sounds a little like DeJohnette.

This is the one that I'm most curious to see who it is.

Oh and apparently track 6 was recorded much later than the 80's too. Danilo Perez maybe?

Cool

This is fine with me. Although it will give me another week to make small tweaks to that playlist.

Did you have any difficulties making your links playlist? I was really looking forward to making that theme because it's a cool idea but I just can't seem to get completely satisfied with mine. I think it will probably be fairly easy to guess most of the players. I guess that's not a bad thing.

I've been listening to the start on repeat for a bit now to figure this out and I just can't place why it seems so clearly as a Chick thing for me, but it just somehow sounds very strongly like him intuitively with a Jarrett feeling coming as a close second far behind.

I was trying to make a really overly complicated Links thing with cleverness at first (and almost had it figured out)

But, I think it's just better to make figuring the links rather easy to get more people involved - this shit is plenty hard as it is, so better to introduce an easier concept

So mine involves some areas that I'd like to see everyone's comments on with some necessary relatively interesting connecting links - I have a feeling that anything in that format will be naturally fairly interesting in a /blindfold/ context with more room for making guesses.

Yeah I had about 8 tracks put together for one and then decided to scrap it and start fresh.

Hopefully it should be fun even if the players are kind of obvious.

Ok so next week will be Duos theme by Jazzpossu then Connecting links by JTG the week after

bump

bump

random bump...

do any other /blindfold/ contributors find yourself abstaining from promoting cool stuff you're listening to because you're thinking of including it in an upcoming /blindfold/?

I've definitely found myself declining to recommend some track in a general /jazz/ thread because I have plans to /blindfold/ it

>1
This is very long but there is nice interplay. Still it’s easy to get bored just listening to this much piano.

>2
This is pretty good. It is Monk on piano and the whole band gets into the spirit of his playing. The saxophonist is hard to predict and fits well with Monk’s playing. Very good.

>3
Sounds like very old bebop. This isn’t really my style but there is a lot of energetic playing going on so it’s not bad in small doses.

>4
This one is really not my style. It sounds like bland swing with a blues form. To me nothing stands out about this because it just sounds like everybody is just trying to do ok and not actually trying to say anything.

>5
This is older stuff than what I usually listen to again. It’s not bad but I wouldn’t usually choose to listen to it. Some of the dissonances are kind of nice and surprising though.

>6
This one bored me a lot. It still has a pretty old, traditional sound and nothing about it seemed that interesting to me.

>7
I haven’t ever heard a piano trio that sounds very much like this. I can’t tell if it’s newer or older. I like the piano playing at some of the points but then there are weaker parts too.

>8
This sounds like older style bebop but it sounds like a pretty recent recording. To me there’s only so much you can get out of doing a complete rehash of older styles like this. Not great.

>9
It’s got impressive bass playing but nothing about this really stands out to me as being interesting or worth listening to more than once. It’s pretty but it sounds more like background music to me.

>10
This started out as a boring and very standard version of Take the A Train but then Eric Dolphy saves it from being boring with a highly unique clarinet solo. This is still too long for one song but there are parts that are pretty great.

The first track is too long

>10
Yeah, I think this track is a great example of how some unique soloing just makes even one of the most played standards feel new and just forces people to have an opinion on the version.

Dolphy's Ghost might be very laconic in these comments, but I totally understand where he's coming from with every track, so seems like great honest commentary to me.

Outside playing

I just like to say what I think. Admittedly I don't know very much about theory or playing jazz or anything like that so I'm sure there are a lot of things I miss when I listen to the tracks and it's only very obvious things that stand out to me as being unique.

But I like the process of listening critically and then reading other people's thoughts about the tracks and finding out things that I missed or maybe disagree with.

anyone else have an opinion on my thought that a piano duet is often too taxing to follow on a recording compared to hearing and seeing it live?

I definitely sympathize with this comment even though wonderful things are taking place.

All the time. Especially now that I've got five completed playlists ready to go.

Then again, there are tracks on these all the time that I know I've listened to before but don't recognize at all so maybe it wouldn't make all that much of a difference.

keep doing what you're doing - I certainly found your thoughts to be consistent and interesting this week

I can agree with that to some extent. There were a few spots in the track where both pianists were doing chordal stuff and it got a little muddy but it sounds like they heard that and at least one of them changed it up.

It is a lot nicer to get the visual aspect of something like this.

I personally definitely have that issue with all the Corea/Gary Burton duets, too - always feels like I have to spend a little too much mental energy separating the players to appreciate the nice interplay without a visual cue

I do find it easier to cope with - I listen to Crystal Silence and Hot House and whatever way more than Chick's piano duet albums.

bump

It is actually pretty ridiculous the difference in appreciation between just audio and seeing the visuals as well. Even if it's not something where it's difficult to differentiate, just seeing the drummer laugh when the pianist quotes rhythm-a-ning or something is somehow more immersive, like you're now a part of the relationship of the band.

I often try and imagine what the artists would have looked like playing and where they were recording to simulate this when listening to albums. Always a blast getting high and doing this for albums with a real strong sense of place and time like Bill Evans at the vanguard.

You guys should check out Smalls Jazz Club's live streams. You can watch any of the live shows there with a free account. A lot of New York's best players play there pretty often. It's mostly straight-ahead post-bop stuff but it's great to get that visual aspect with music that's actually happening in the present and you can find a lot of great new players who are playing with the bigger names.

I guess most of their shows are probably at bad times for you Euro guys though.

Thanks for telling me about this, I signed up just now.

I always think about this when people criticize jazz or some performance as being emotionless. I think it's almost always obvious that jazz players are putting a lot of emotion into their music when you see them play live.

I think some people also tend to think that only a small range of emotions are valid too. I think a great part of watching live jazz is when you can tell the musicians are just feeling pure joy to be playing with each other.

Looking at the times, there's some cool people there I'd well watch but most of the stuff is on real early morning.

Yeah it's pretty cool to just turn on at night and know that it's actually going on in real time. Some of the stuff isn't that great but sometimes you find some really great new names. And I always keep an eye on the schedule for players I want to see.

They record all their shows so there's also a paid option where you can view any of their shows that have happened in the past. I guess it depends how often you'd watch the shows for it to be worth it though.

bump

Bump

2. a Thelonious Monk composition - Blue Mississippi. but I'm wondering if that is or isn't Monk himself
10. Duke Ellington - Take the "A" Train. This is looser and rougher than any other version I've heard yet - he really pounds those keys! It feels like late Ellington - I'd say '68-'74 when it was recorded.

Bumping with another interesting piano duet album since that's been a topic of discussion.

The thing that's interesting about this one is that it's all on one piano. Also both of these guys look like pedo-uncles but both underrated pianists.

>pedo-uncles
lol
Isn't Steeplechase label one of the the themes you have a blindfold playlist ready for?

Yeah and I'm actually pretty excited about that one though it seems like nobody else really is. Some of SteepleChase's releases can be kind of bland but there's actually some really cool and unique stuff in there if you seek it out and I think people will like a lot of the tracks.

Actually there was a lot of stuff that I wanted to put on there but couldn't fit so I might do make a Part II of that playlist sometime.

bump

bumping with the most recent Blindfold test just because

bump

hi jtg I listened to destinations unknown at your recommendation and it was pretty good so I want to check out more of sipiagin. which ones do you recommend?

bump

The two that are closest to Destinations Unknown are probably Prints and Balance 38-58 if you're looking for "similar" stuff. Otherwise I'd probably rank them-

1. Destinations Unknown
2. Returning
3. Prints
4. Mirages
5. Equilibrium
6. Steppin Zone
7. Overlooking Moments
8. Balance 38-58
9. Mirrors
10. Generations
11. Hindsight

They're all pretty good though. After the first 3 they get pretty hard to rank.