Is castle peak going to be 7nm? If so I'm going to update my old 3570k finally

Is castle peak going to be 7nm? If so I'm going to update my old 3570k finally.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/10/6/13187820/one-nanometer-transistor-berkeley-lab-moores-law
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

Since its being made in 2019, yes it will

No way am4 will last that much
T.Amd fan (now with intlel/Novidya for obvious reasons)

Why wouldnt it last that long? We've been made aware for years that there will be Zen, Zen+, Zen2, and Zen3

Yes

Why would you think that?

guess its a good thing that castle peak will be on TR4 then eh?

Until 2020. Am5 will come when ddr5 has been available for 1-2 years. For anything else there is no need for a new socket. Combined with the process shrink power delivery should not be an issue.

The only thing that I think would break it is PCI-E 4

who /stillrunning2500k/ here?

Subnanometer is coming soon guys.
Screenshot this.

Not gonna happen. IIRC they're having some issues with quantum tunneling at 7nm already. Here you go m8, did trouble myself to search an article about it:

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/10/6/13187820/one-nanometer-transistor-berkeley-lab-moores-law

so a, dare i say it, picometer

You wont find any proof of what i claimed on the internet.

The company developing it hasn't released it yet.

>No way am4 will last that much

AM4 lasts until DDR5 starts selling in non-novelty quantities. 2019 gen will probably get PCIe 4.0 support on new board but not old ones though, so whether you wanna call that AM4.5 or whatever is a matter of personal preference.

That's what was planned for awhile now with no leaks indicating otherwise, however, Zen+ ended up 12 nm instead of 14 nm+ so nothing is set in stone. It's known that pure silicon starts to fail as a semiconductor at 7 nm, and Intel has been stuck on 14 nm for ages, delaying 10 nm by 2 years.

Me. No reason to upgrade.

Moderate oc to 4.1 niggerhurtz. Comfy 8gb of ram and a nice spaceheater oc rx480 to 1400 mhrz. Having all my vidya and os to ssds my pc is quick.

No reason to upgrade when i can shitpost and play fallout 4 and wow at max settings at 1080p

[email protected] slowdowns happens when running games and any adobe editors at the same time. Holding for an updated threadripper that can switch between uma and numa without rebooting.

Is ddr5 coming in 2019?

How much benefit from ddr4 to ddr5? Maybe I should just stick with ddr3 and skip this ddr4 generation entirely.

Fuck why this had to come so soon. I hoped we had many years of progression in tech ahead of us but now we are in the point that we are going to stale.

DDR5 will inevitably break 5ghz effective clocks, and be even lower voltage than DDR4.
Its just iterative. Its not revolutionary.

This is the reason why I would want to upgrade cpu because they finally got over the 4 cores meme and I'm running 2 monitors and different shit in the background when playing.

Well maybe it will be delayed past 2020 or I can buy just new motherboard for the 2019 cpu I buy.

Stop listening to uninformed retards. Area scaling with silicon substrates is not dying any time soon. There is no magic wall that just halts all progress.
We utilize different materials and different gate structures to prevent rampant leakage as feature sizes decrease. GAAs and III-V materials facilitate scaling down to 3nm and even 1nm nodes.
Applied Materials has never had any doubts about 3nm GAA. As far as they're concerned, even 4 years back, it was a settled matter. Popsci authors who write for tech sites aren't knowledgeable about whats actually happening in the industry.

i5 3550 16gb 1060 6gb here.
Not planning to change in rig in 2 years minimum.

> No way am4 will last that much
AM4 and TR4 will last until DDR5.

There will be new chipsets and new motherboards, maybe a new PCI-E standard. But they will still be AM4/TR4, and compatible as long as the BIOS is updated.

PCI-E 4 will be pin compatible, just like every earlier version of PCI-E is. It'll just fallback to PCI-E 3.0 if the CPU is an earlier model.

> however, Zen+ ended up 12 nm instead of 14 nm+
I mean, 12nm *is* 14nm+