youtube.com/watch?v=lHXM62tb_MY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is better familia

>electronic
>albums

>EDM
>better than Stockhausen

ahahahaha, you also forgot MBDTF

this is bad !!!! like the aphex twin ep with flim is better ??

Oh boy here we go guess I'm listening through this again then

Its truish

stop this meme at once

>albums

I bet you can't even sit through Memories of the Future, because it's too intense for you.

>current year
>making current year threads

>current year
>avatarfagging

If you truly believe that no electronic album has topped that then you haven't listened to any other electronic albums.

gonna need some examples kid.

This is a bait thread right?

75 years of music in a fucking huge plethora of music styles and you think you can pick just one?

Thats some real typical Sup Forums ignorance.

Definitely

Anything Autechre have done in the last 20 years is more original than Burial's entire career.

your hair looks very out of place jsut a head up
would not bang

this is better

nah kid. Big autechre fan but they still haven't tropped untrue
they're 2nd to burial I'll give you that

How we relate to the body is sooooo good. Also I think dream a garden was obviously very different but still pretty good

You can't be serious. Nobody can honestly believe that.

Woob's 1194 came out in '94 familia

Not as good as the cover art, IMO

yeah, honestly classical curves just gets better and better with each listen imo. agreed about DAG, just haven't listened to it enough

the man literally invented dubstep

I'm dead serious unless you can come up with a reason why autechre is better than untrue. my opinion stands

yes
it's also far more important

i don't want to be a robot

loooool

>burial
>EDM

YEEHAW

Because Untrue does nothing new. It took dance music popular in London at the time and added ambience and vocal samples. Autechre has been innovating consistently for longer than Burial's entire career lasted, and none of their output is based on contemporary trends in electronic music.

he's right, you know

(protip: he's distinguishing dance music from art music; he's not sorting your precious window dressing in with the incredibly garish American scene)

>says he did nothing new
>next sentence is something new
nvm not wasting my time with a wastemen like yourself

burial is king

>start making IDM in the '90s
>not following trends

EDM is a specific genre, not simply "dance music that is electronic".

there's actually heated disagreement on this subject. a lot of people think there needs to be a broad umbrella for dance music that is electronic vs. art music that is electronic, and many use EDM to mean that. EDM isn't a specific genre, really. it's a media name for the most popular version of EDM that exists. but yes, i hate the association myself and usually say beat-based electronic.

to follow up: rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic Dance Music/

Sorry, I meant none of their output in this decade, with the exception of Gantz Graf.

It's just a gimmick, though. There isn't any lasting innovation in that album. I can't imagine someone listening to it five times and still thinking it's the best electronic album ever.

>rym
lol fuck off
ur clueless

>this decade
Fuck, I meant this century.

did you even read the description? this is genuinely a matter of opinion. i understand what you're trying to get across, and i basically agree that because EDM is such a massive cultural label for new electronic that a different label should be used, but this isn't exactly rocket science to comprehend, and i don't understand why the democratic consensus of one of the most popular music communities online should be tossed off just because you personally heard EDM on a three-minute NBC news clip about EDC or something.

You do not know what you are talking about, you linked rym is a thread on electronic music.

are you going to actually give a counter-argument? you've spent this whole time just saying "nah that's wrong" without any substance, and i've provided logical arguments as well as sources (hate to break it to you, but genres are only defined by consensus, as they're a categorization system to make music sortable across large populations). if you would like to actually formulate an argument, i'm all ears.

i think what's most baffling here is that i keep telling you you're right and that i agree with you but that there is a large segment of the population that disagrees and they have decent reason to lol

I don't have a counterargument, because I am not arguing with you on the definition of "EDM".
You are simply a misinformed clueless Sup Forums poster and I was letting you know that.

Please just stick to pretending to like certain "cool" essential albums, for the sake of everyone here.

more original doesn't equal good

The RYM description is simply wrong. Not surprising, given how wrong they are on a bunch of shit.
The site is hardly an authority.

they started the whole trend m9, not following anyone

i'm not surprised burial fucked off to play dark souls with a fanbase as obnoxious as his

Listening now, will report back shortly to tell you what I think of it.

I'm a /bleep/ poster ya fucking mong, I was merely separating popular and art electronic music.

Why not ?

>art electronic music
stick to Sup Forums
you're not even fooling s/t

Yes, there is a huge difference.

I used to smoke meth to Stockhausen's music often. Those were bad times.

>linking this meme image
fucking scooter is in the art section

Yes, meme image, this is Sup Forums, no worse than Sasu, the point still remains true.

but this exists

Has aged horribly desu

Imperfection and mood is better than cleverness and polish.

Maybe, but Autechre certainly isn't polished.

They're too austere, a lot of their tracks are fucking inhuman. Music's for listening, feeling not admiring

That's your opinion. I don't feel anything so I prefer to listen to music that stimulates me.

Downloading Stockhausen right now. Who fucking knows, maybe I'll get massively into art-electronic.

All done, it was aight

>i dont feel anything
it'll be okay man

I know, but I don't really want to feel anything. Emotions are overrated.

It's challenging music user. Good luck!

Kek, the Scooter guy.

kek, let me guess
nihilistic with a wicked sense of humour?
Its ok user, not every girl is like her, youll find someone else

I wouldn't expect pardners to understand desu.
youtube.com/watch?v=lHXM62tb_MY

Also this , Burial's only really good stuff if his first three EPs.

Maybe, but I'm not really consciously blocking emotions. I've just never been a very emotional person, so I've stopped trying to feel things that aren't natural for me.

he himself already topped it

wew lad this release was trash

Well, Scooter did invent music after all.

How do you rationalize your image of bleep-ignorant Americans with the existence of Detroit and Chicago?

I'm from the former city and Soul Music is my album of the decade

Cant even argue, if you feel that that way of life will get you somewhere then so be it.

ps: everyone thought of themselves that they werent emotional at some part of their lives

Not all Americans are ignorant about bleep obviously, but there are a good number who are and they tend to be very vocal about it

Localized, city-wide phenomena that are not nearly as relevant as LDN

Pardners =/= Americans, it means Americans who have no knowledge of any electronic sub-genre despite either inventing them or inventing the the genres that would later become them.

Soul Music and Megatrap are probably the two best LPs out since 2000 desu.

Every Head High tune I've heard is fucking massive

this is some baffling b8

ehm

Classic "more influential than good" that avant-teens beat off to. Nothing Stockhausen did is enjoyable to listen to and all of his innovations have been done better by later artists.

what is soul music? can't find with google

Nevermind I'm retarded it's special request.

true. 1st album is waaaay better (and everything autechre did obvidously)

Eh it's way too repetitive desu.
A lot of the songs on the album go on for way too fucking long without offering any kind of interesting new elements.

Literally all of the 5+ minutes tracks on this album would be better had they been cut down to 3 minutes. Now i still love Burial, he's one of my all time favorite artists, but i prefer his EPs over his albums.

In terms of electronic albums that topped this one, Luxury Problems by Andy Stott in my opinion.

big up dj andy scott

>Literally all of the 5+ minutes tracks on this album would be better had they been cut down to 3 minutes.
You really don't know what the extra two minutes are for, do you?
stick to your p4k indie rock garbage Sup Forums

What are they for?
Dancing? Lmao

If you actually listened to dance music you'd realize that all tunes are a bit too long
that time isn't for the listeners

>Ask if it's for dancing
>If you actually listened to dance music

???

Besides, even overly long dance songs can still be interesting, take Burial/Four Tet - Moth for example. That song is like 9 minutes but doesn't get boring. Same for music produced by someone like Nicolas Jaar.

And are you implying Burial is dance music? It's hardly danceable...

Its for the DJ to transition the song over, duh

Look, the time is not for dancing.
I'm not gonna dignify people who are this clueless with a clear reply.

>And are you implying Burial is dance music? It's hardly danceable...
ever heard archangel dropped in the club?
goes off 10/10 times, but it's tricky to mix properly

>being this elitist about music

But that never topped Exit Planet Dust.

>It's hardly danceable

budget el-b

true

You and yours vs me and mine
Are we talking teams? Are we talking teams?

Are you autistic? Actual question