Finally upgraded my rig, except for vidya card because of crypto niggers...

Finally upgraded my rig, except for vidya card because of crypto niggers. However i'm having a problem with weird stuttering with sound and video. I also can't tell if maybe the threadripper is throttling because every program i've tried gives different temps. Speccy is +20c higher than what Core Temp is reporting. Any ideas Sup Forums?

>poozen
>shitty 32gb ram

Ryzen has +20c temp offset and Threadripper has +27c temp offset. Some mobo updates fix this, some don't. Use HWI/HWMonitor/Ryzen Master to check temp.

all the cores are pegged at 100% and it looks like its hovering around 58c, which isn't too horrible.

Run Prime95 26.6 small FFT. 1950X can go up to 300W with that and it will be a real test of your cooling

I just ran this program this forum told me to run called latencymon, it's telling me its DirectX driver issue or something. I have the latest drivers for everything though.

If you're running 4*8gb, knock the ram speed back to stock and test it again.

If you're not running 4*8gb in the appropriate slots as specified in your motherboard manual then you should go die in a fire.

Update bios

I'm running 8gb in the 4 slots the mobo told me to install into at the stock speed for the RAM. I've verified that it's running on quad channel mode.

BIOS is already running the latest version.

Does this mean I'm shit out of luck?

Verified its running in quad channel mode.

Do you have a fresh install?

Installed Win10 from scratch, installed drivers from motherboard manufacturers site.

>bought current gpu for $100
>costs double that now

Try installing it again or use linux to see if something is broken

This isn't inspiring much confidence though. My first AMD based rig in like 15 years and it runs worse than my old i7-2600k rig. This threadripper is supposed to be top dog, and my fucking system is lagging just from playing a YouTube video and opening the control panel.

3200mhz is not stock speed for your threadripper
s onboard controller.

Bad luck, shit happens on both sides

it's the stock speed for the RAM I bought, and it was acting funny before I overclocked it.

I think i've narrowed the problem down to the nvidia drivers. I completely nuked all nvidia shit from high orbit and now the latency is gone. Unfortunately I was running the latest version of the drivers, so does that mean I'm shit out of luck?

If you are using ANY sort of CPU power saving feature you're eventually going to get high latency in that test even in a good working system.
It's probably going to be your motherboard, try searching for bios updates, Intel x99 had similar problems like this.

Nigger, turn xmp off when actively diagnosing a pc. 3200mhz is what it's rated for on the sticks, but not the board. Run optimized defaults in bios.
Download Nvidia drivers from Nvidia, not mobo manufacturer. Try an older driver if possible. Nvidia has made a lot of buggy drivers over the years. Also check your audio chipset driver.
Also good advice; turn on "performance mode" in windows power settings.

>rypoop pooripper
>upgrade
lol

Your own fault for buying shitty RAM for a great CPU

jelly as fuck