Sup Forumstards hate on eOS all day

>Sup Forumstards hate on eOS all day
>Literally the only way to use Linux on a HiDPI display

Why are you fools so misguided? Who cares about customization when every other distro looks like garbage out of the box on a HiDPI display

Looks like ass, hombre.

>>Literally the only way to use Linux on a HiDPI display
Do you have a single fact to back that shit up?

It's looking a little dated now.
Really wish it was viewed as the main primary option and not ubuntu but oh well

The relentless money grubbing from this distro, disgusts me. Especially when it has nothing to offer that you can't get anywhere else.

Both GNOME and MATE work well with HiDPI. Which distros did you test? Which DEs?

>Why are you fools so misguided?
Fool is the one who tries to argue for no reason.
If I like it, I use it. If I don't like it, I don't use it.
Simple. Straight.

Distro bugged as hell + even more shitty de than gnomeme
This and even Unity support HiDPI.

I'm pretty sure every OS in existence uses pixels the exact same way, and you're just seeing placebo cause elementary has a nice stock DE

You ever seen Xubuntu?

I've used KDE, gnome, xfce, mate, cinnamon, unity and enlightenment

Only ones that give even halfway decent results with HiDPI are unity, cinnamon and pantheon.

Unity is dead, cinnamon is ugly and the scaling still has issues, pantheon is the only one that actually works.

No they don't. You have to play around with the themes, icons, font size/dpi like a retarded and the font will still get cut off in some apps.

>money grubbing
Retarded. They just desperately want funds so they can make a legitimate OS that's adding to the desktop experience rather than just trying to develop software to make a system as complete as Windows/Mac. Another way other companies are thinking of progressing with Free (Libre) Software is to make a system where bugs have a monetary value assigned to them and developers fix bugs and get paid that money. Software should be Libre, but you're not entitled to having free as in free beer stuff. I like the idea, but I knew that cheap-skates would throw a fit. It's miles better than taking Amazon money to make GNU/Amazon OS. Delusional.

NOT. GAY. ENOUGH.

>No they don't.
Well, the burden of proof is on you. What exactly happened? GNOME literally works for everyone else.

Yet all other distros get around funding issues without being beggars or doing stuff like holding updates before asking you pay for apps. Or saying you're "cheating the system" by downloading it free (distributed for free by themselves).

Mint just keeps going, so does PCLinuxOS, Trisquel, Manjaro, Antergos and other ´small´ distros (as in, not Debian or a cooporate-funded ones). No reason for elementary to be assholes whatsoever. They actually are ones I'd never donate for FOSS.

>fagOS clone
Into the trash it goes.

>Yet all other distros get around funding issues
by relying on investors or enterprise cunts

you keep calling them assholes but like completely gloss over alternatives relying on shadier methods to invest in them

High DPI displays have tiny pixels. With normal settings you can't see shit. Your window manager needs to support some kind of scaling.

Some DEs have horrible shitty inconsistent scaling. XFCE, Cinnamon, LXDE, GNOME 2.x

Some have good support for integer scaling pretty much everywhere. Should be ok for some screens/monitors, but some are unable to hit the sweet spot using only integer scaling. Budgie, Unity, and MATE

Only GNOME, KDE Plasma, Pantheon, and very recent versions of MATE can do proper fractional scaling like MacOS. Depending on your distro it might even auto-configure out of the box

KDE Neon.

Checkmate Atheists

I like the idea of a donation system integrated in the software center. It teaches normalfags that libre ≠ free and that OSS devs need money too.

Deepin doesn't have this problem

>even Unity support HiDPI.
unity is dead, doesn't even support itself anymore

Using no desktop environment will make it easier to change dpi AND vsync. Several steps are required to change dpi for kde, gnome, xfce, mate, cinnamon etc and they dont work properly, however if you only use openbox or i3, there is no issue; you only have to change Xft.dpi in ~/.Xresources and it just werks.

>I've used KDE, gnome, xfce, mate, cinnamon, unity and enlightenment
>Only ones that give even halfway decent results with HiDPI are unity, cinnamon and pantheon.
>Unity is dead, cinnamon is ugly and the scaling still has issues, pantheon is the only one that actually works.
What? Fucking Gnome can't even get scaling right?
They break everything, remove features, introduce wayland and claim that they are modern and they don't get scaling right?
What is this shit?

And how is it possible for pantheon (which is a gnome 3 fork) to get scaling right? What extra things do they add?

I don't think it's just the dpi for scaling.
It should be about just about the dpi but for decades toolkits and applications were designed for 96dpi
I think the best way is to use xrandr and scale.

of course scaling works, I use Fedora on a XPS 13 with the high res screen, it looks great. I don't remember I have that screen until every blue moon one application doesn't scale one element (ex: eclipse)

OP is a brainlet who needs a distro that will hold his hand

>by relying on investors or enterprise cunts
Antergos, Manjaro, PcLinuxOS and other small distros managed to get sponsors. Why can't elementary os?

>you keep calling them assholes but like completely gloss over alternatives relying on shadier methods to invest in them
????
>devs can't find a way to monetize it without sounding like beggars
>this is the user's fault
It's up to them to figure out elementary's finances. Though many distro contributions can work full-time and contribute to their distro in their free time. Not sure why elementary can't follow this model.

Either way, this doesn't matter for software. Holding updates is the most retarded move they could've make.

>Literally the only way to use Linux on a HiDPI display
What did he meme by that?
He doesn't know he can manually set the DPI in X.org?