Is the HD-600 the most fatigueless headphone ever?

After I bend a little the two metal parts of the HD-600 headband it became the most confortable headphone I ever wore.

Then there is also the sound signature. If the bass is too strong it begans to feel very tyring after some time. If the highs are too strong it will pierce your ears like nails.

The HD-600 has a very neutral sound signature. I can listen for ours and it won't cause me any kind of discomfort.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xHiXgR0oKlg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

t.sennshill

>After I bend a little the two metal parts of the HD-600 headband it became the most confortable headphone I ever wore.
Are you trying to trick me into breaking my headphones ?

Of course not, you just bend it til you hear a slight click. You’re in the comfort zone now baby

will this work with the 599 ?

I don’t think so. Check in the manual if you can, back In the day the hd600 gave the instructions for getting it to click but I guess some people don’t follow directions.

The hd 700 is even more comfy. So comfy that I've actually forgotten I have them on and thought I was listening through speakers.
Protip don't break or stretch the headband material on the hd600s, the replacements (at least the ones I got) are shit tier compared to the original

Who would spend nearly 300 dollars for headphones? Fuck right off.

Shittiest headphone ever

Wut? I guess you guys didn't know about this trick.

Pic related, circled on red. You bend those two parts. Hold one piece with both your hands without touching the plastic part. You just bend a little the metal part, it won't break.

its plastic on my 599

Idol trash here.
I agree 100% Comfy and non-fatiguing, on top of good sounding.

I never bothered to do that on mine. They got comfortable on their own, after a few days of use.

Why are the 600's so infamous in /hpg/ anyways? I don't see them giving shit to its big brother the 650

Mostly hated by people who own no headphones worth noting, and/or haven't heard them.
HD650 don't get that much hate because they are less remarkable headphones and are talked about less.

Soyboy detected

>Who would spend nearly 300 dollars for headphones? Fuck right off.
t. deaf poorfag.

idol trash get out

The bass on the HD600 is weak as fuck, but they're comfy , and my pair has lasted 18 years so far, swapping out cables and pads a couple of times

Excellent cat, great headphone taste.

Can you even afford a HD 600, pajeet?

Hey faggots, kindly return to your containment thread

I got the HD-598cs from amazon at launch for $99, its never been that price again. Pretty neutral headphones I can drive from my cellphone. I had to get use to it, as I like a little thump in my cans. I loved my HD-212 Pro sound signature a lot, and the HD-428 was even better, but the shitty dentalfloss cord broke on it and its non-replacable.

Just resolder the cable user. How old are you?

Finest headphones ever made.

I have been using this one for a while, but I only use with my motherboard which is said to have good sound (GA B350 G3, it even has a smart amp for high impedance headphones)
Would a dac and amp make any difference?

>this one
Using what? The problem with most motherboards, noise aside, is output impedance's too high for many low-impedance headphones, causing FR changes. In some cases, such as Sennheiser HD5xx like, it is dramatic.
>smart amp for high impedance headphones
Nonsense gimmick.

>If the bass is too strong it begans to feel very tyring after some time. If the highs are too strong it will pierce your ears like nails.
how loud do you usually listen to your music. i prefer a neutral sound signature with an open back design

t. HD 558 user

Old enough to solder. I have a jack I am going to install in place of the strain relief so I can finally use detachable cables.

That’s smart. Hope it turns out well, Godspeed user.

Lonely people who are on their computers all day and dont want to disturb the people around them with speakers (of which good ones are usually more expensive anyway)

snapheinsser pls go and stay go
sony mdr 7506 is the best cheap headphone and the only good product sony still makes

Heh. A coworker of mine has 7506 and used to think they were the best headphones ever, can't get more neutral and detailed than that, etc.
Used to think. This is what happened: I brought HD600 to the office once.
He now describes his 7506 like this: An AM radio.

>hd-330

>The HD-600 has a very neutral sound signature. I can listen for ours and it won't cause me any kind of discomfort.
This is why I like them as well. I have gone through maybe 20 headphones in the last 5 years and many have been over $1000. I bought all the high-end models from Audeze to Hifiman to Beyerdynamics. I bought and sold many of them and have tested them for at least two months (many 3+ months) each. I always come back to HD600s because I can wear them for 10hrs+ and my ears won't bleed after 3-4hrs. There are certain headphones, like Audeze LCD-3s for example, that sound great for few hours but then your ears become irritated to the sound coming out of them and you have to take them off for a while. HD600's don't. You can wear them for hours and hours and hours and you won't get irritated. My second choice would be HD800. They sound good too.

Def recommended.

>An AM radio
protip AM radio consistently has better content than FM

Sure, but this isn't about content (lol) but sound.

Nah man THESE are the most cumfy ever. And they are a direct competitor of the HD600. I'm still glad with my decision on these

R70x

I'll never buy Sennheiser anymore. They all break at the turning joints.

I always wear headphones, don't even have my speakers plugged in anymore.

For fatigue, Philips SHP2500 is a very comfortable headphone you can wear all day. It's kind of cheap, but sounds very good for its price. Also has as a long cable, so you can walk around wearing it.
The volume control is a weak spot though. It'll get contact errors in some positions. I've had multiple ones by now, and replaced them with the same type when the volume controls gave up. One also broke at the sliding joint.

Bose QC25 is very comfortable too, this is what I use most of the time now. It's closed. It kind of pinches your head though (to make the seal air tight). If you can put up with that, you can wear it all day too.

ofcourse you are glad
otherwise you would have to deal with the crushing reminder that you paid a lot of money for worthless trash

had some fostex on my head a year or so back, shit was some of the most painful listening experience I ever had. putting it to a nice comfortable listening level the notes in this song
youtube.com/watch?v=xHiXgR0oKlg
(I use this, and basement jaxx good luck to test headphones quick, one gives very high highs that you may find in a normal song, and the other has nice lows that at the time the parents bose speakers would shit itself trying to reproduce)

that fucking in for the kill version I cant even make it 25 seconds in at normal listening volumes on those things because of how piercing they are.
I think everyone knows the meme of the person reacting to headphones on his head, I know that persons pain.

>They all break at the turning joints.
wtf sennheiser model did you have?
I can't immediately think of any with that issue.

There is literally no fucking bass in my HD558

It is however comfy to wear. Do I buy 650 or 600? Any new models being released for that price range?

you've got a some kind of compression artifact on bottom right of your image

HD600 is generally considered best, as it's more neutral and has better low-power transients (showing texture in voices, strings and such).
Nothing else worth considering at HD600 price point.

Fidelio X2s are good in that price range if you're after a bassy pair of cans

HD600 have similar overall sound than HD558, but are an order of magnitude better. If you like your HD558 at all, I'd say go for it.

How are they the same but better?

Nothing is comfier than the Beyerdynamic DT770/880/990s in my experience.

FR is roughly similar. HD600 is just way, way more polished.

No "all bass is the same sine wave" but detailed and impactful, treble is good vs all over the place, excelletn tonal balance in the midrange and so on.

>soy sauce
WEW

This.
Beyerdynamic velour pads are made in heaven.

neutral is not really fatigueless when it's being pumped directly into your ears

If you have issues with HD600, your volume is (way) too high.

Not sure about the models, this was long ago. I didn't even know/care about manufacturers and quality and such at that point. Just bought was looked/sounded cool if I could afford it.

I only noticed they were by the same manufacturer when after they both broke the same way. And when I went to buy a replacement one, all the Sennheisers had these damn joints. They're so small you can't even glue them back together. Even in their expensive models, these joints were weak and plastic.

I linked an image with similar designs, but these are probably not the same ones.

They've improved this, at least on the HD5xx series. It was never an issue on anything but the cheap (below HD600 numbering) models, and affected just a few of them. HD558, and the old HD555 are infamous for this.

He's using SoyDec the choice codec for SoyBoys.

>dd blah blah
Command doesn't work (needs root privileges). You need to add a sudo ;P
>SoyDec
It's actually an issue with lineageos and/or my idol terminal (oneplus3). Happens to some pics, not all of them. I usually work it around by simply trimming the bad edges when I do edit the pics for whatever reason.

Any good?

JVC HA-G101E

15 or so when converted to usd...

fucking senshills cant handle hpg anymore from all the bullies so they make a new thread
kill yourself

If you think the 598 has no bass then the 600 would sound like it EQd the bass away, you'll hate it.

HD598 and HD600 owner here, that's plenty non-accurate.
Regarding bass, HD600 sounds WAY more bassy. This is a consequence of vastly increased bass accuracy. HD598 objectively has just a little more bass magnitude, but subjectively sounds weaker because it distorts all bass into an one-note-feeling sine wave with no impact whatsoever.

How do the pxc 550 compare to the hd598?

*snaps*

This is the fate of the face of all sennheiser owners.

Go back to your containment thread, gen z

It absolutely doesn't get more comfortable after a few days. It is your head that adapted its shape to the vice grip. That or you self-hypnotized into not feeling the pain because you want to suck sennheiser cock so much.

Yes user, as we all know metal parts are incapable of changing shape.

HD600 have less bass than the HD558. Do you really want nobass?

People who can't afford headphones frequently think that frequency response graph defines headphones. It doesn't.

Not from like 4 days of wearing the thing unless your sennheiser are made with HIGH QUALITY CHINESE METALLURGY in which case I'd rest mine and allow you to bask in the glory of owning such cheap steel.

Maybe, not that I would know. I just hand stretched mine on day 1.

ahahhahahah so its the gen z poster that made the thread
hows the kitchen

I'm seriously surprised you are not bored of this yet.

>is
>headphoneS

I'm seriously surprised you are not bored of shilling yet.

Shilling what?

hd600 are mediocre for their price

Only headphones you ever owned are m40x, how would you even know that?

my problem ist, you can't change the cabels. if they break it wouldn't be nice like my other 30 headphones

I don't know which headphone you are talking about, but fixed cable isn't always a bad deal, if the cable is good. Although I much prefer removable cables too.
The reason why fixed cables are such an issue on low end headphone is because the cable is flimsy and breaks too easily just from regular stationary use. Stuff like the cheapest sennheisers or closed Philips aren't made with durability in mind. Audio Technica's fixed cables tend to be rather terrible too.
Also good headphones tend to be easy to take apart if you need to solder a new cable or mod a jack.

They're not bad at all. This is an averaged graph from multiple HD-600 headphone samples.

I fell for the MDR7506 meme. Never again. Icepicks with zero soundstage.

This was from a little while ago. It seems to relate to what you're saying.

Wrong person user
you call a lot of people gen z
not the same person

HD600, the best headphones in the world, are pure distilled fidelity and unvarnished audio bliss. Audio pours from the HD600 like honeydew vine water from God's own chalice.

That boot is almost as hot as programming socks. Damn.

What a terrible shoop. Sennhaters can't even make transparencies.

Nadeshiko is for truthposting, not shitposting of poorly shooped garbage images.

one of my schoolmates who's a rich jew got the HD600 back in 2002 or so. who knew Sup Forums would still be circlejerking over them 16 years later. he also got the 23" apple cinema display at the time and it cost as much as a small car. he's probably broken both by now.

t. pleb with a HD598

>poorly shooped garbage images
Like yours? You could have at least attempted to make the Schiit logo look carved into the wood.

Nah, like yours you proprietary software apologist

There are no GIMP apologists because it is shit.

Okay, rajesh

You should replace the poop there with a circle without using copy and paste. OH WAIT YOU CAN'T.

WOW! You use photoshop? I love photoshop. I love sucking adobe's cock (among others)

>Sennheiser
>Schiit
>Soy
Name a more iconic trio.

Nothing wrong with Sennheiser or soy. Don't let memes control your opinion.