34 years old

>34 years old
>still unsurpassed
where did keyboards go so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB40P4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have a Model F on my desk right now, hooked up. I've been waiting for a year for my system to crash so I can use the dedicated SysRq key.

Buttons have been around since the industrial revolution. Obviously soyboi rgb designfags don't understand them.
MX Silent black is a good switch tho, perfect for when your coworkers lambast you for click clacking with a buckling spring.

>2kro
Its shit

that's the model m you're thinking of
superior model f has unlimited nkro

Where's the windows key? :

>no super key

Anyone too cowardly to use Buckling Springs in public doesn't deserve them.

Why did keyboard aficionados go so retarded? Less travel time and sound is innovation and advancement in any other field of haptics, but they treat it like it's inferior.

because it is inferior. Less travel time and sound is just something that keyboard and laptop makers force users to put up with, because they assume the average user doesn't type, and a shitty keyboard with no feel is thinner and cheaper to build.

you can reduce travel time to zero anyway with one of those laser keyboards that projects a keyboard onto your desk with light and then uses a tiny camera to watch where your fingers go to register keypresses. They're a cool party trick but nobody uses them because banging your fingers on a desk feels awful.

I had this fucking keyboard. Was given to me in exchange to recover some data from an old ibm. Moved out, left it behind cuz had too much shit, didn't think my dad would throw it out.. he threw it out.

2x5 bank of function keys
WRONG.

Ah, where would reductio ad absurdum keyboard bullshit be without the laser keyboards?

you can still buy them new. I have one. pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB40P4A

I actually find the idea kind of intriguing. I mean it would be better for applications where you want to quickly reach over and hit one with your left hand while using the mouse. Might be awkward if you're playing a game or something that expects them to be near the number keys but I think you'd get used to it.

>buying the soyboy keyboard

I hope pic isn't related. That looks like a piece of shit.

Tablets and phones make it a real comparison. You're banging on a flat surface.

if you haven't used one you don't know

We had a ton of these at my work in the mid 90s. Clack clack clack!

I had a PS/2 computer growing up but my mom threw it away along with its keyboard

That's very literal use of reductio ad absurdum.

BUT HOW WILL I USE SUPER KEY IF THERE IS NO SUPER KEY

EMACS WONT WORK RIGHT?????

>not using the cheapest most average keyboard

Take the Alan Moore Pill.

Same thing happened to me except it was originally his to begin with. But, he holds on to countless of the absolute cheapest, bottom of the barrel membrane keyboards while throwing out a ~$300 antique that types better than anything else, ever. And he's a retired computer science professor. But he just follows the "If it's old as hell, it must be trash" heuristic.

OP posted a Model F, not a Model M, you filthy tryhard casual.

It's a "clack clack clack", not a "proing proing proing".

It is missing superkeys. Inferior,

>all those cigarette burns

Cool.

Man, I bought one of these like 2 years ago and still haven't used because I haven't clean it yet. Someday.

>not using the cheapest most average keyboard
>wasting your time on cleaning it

btw, this is my old Logitech keybard, I get it around 8 years ago an I use it everyday since then.

False kiddo.

That's not the Model M.

>tfw still using the keyboard that came with my first prebuilt in the 90's

It's only unsurpassed if you prefer click feedback to bump. I'll take 55g Topre keys over that any day of the week.

>that wear on the key labels

Who thought it was a good idea to print them instead of laser etching.

Why did the '3' key get so many more pubes than the others?

Cheaper. And most people don't keep hardware long enough for them to wear away the paint anyway.

>CTRL and R-ALT both worn to a mirror sheen

You're an emacs user, aren't you user?

I don't know what this is but that's the perfect amount of buttons for my taste. Looks comfy.

How do you define unsurpassed? I don't think we'll ever see a mass produced level of craftsmanship like the Model F, but I still would choose a keyboard with blues and modern features like a Windows key, nkro, media functions, and perhaps a few other things. I currently have a Rosewill RGB 80 as my keyboard. Why? It was the best deal on a keyboard with blues, and 10keyless. Is it as well made as the Model F? No. Will it go down in history as legendary? I hope not. But is it comfier and more practical? I think so. The fact of the matter is that a lot of this comes down to subjectivity. Most users will probably go through a few rubber dome keyboards, possibly costing less than a Model M, let alone a Model F. And they're fine with that.

It’s a real force keyboard

but my keyboard has 0.2ms input time its better than older keyboards.

Bloody Q700 if any one is interested about 30$ from china ebay.

>That looks like a piece of shit.