Which state is/was the most musically influential?

Which state is/was the most musically influential?

UK

UK

ny prob

Tennessee

UK

UK

UK

Jazz started in Louisiana so probably that

New York, California

america invented absolutely nothing, it was always a rip off of british music

Youkayy

Illinois

1. California
2. New York
3. The Deep South States Collective
4. New Jersey
5. Michigan (looking at the Motown glory days)

what did mean by this

Manchester

Don't forget about Illinois (Chicago)

Illinois was my #6, not even memeing

>it's a "California vs. New York" episode

shitpost. pretty simple stuff, user
hwat u takin bot willus

New York, Michigan, Tennessee, or California.
then again theres

>Hey Nigel, how about we take American blues, rock and roll, punk, and house, and then sell it back to those Yanks with a white face?
Literally plagiarism: the country

Anyone who says anything else is wrong.
Without Jazz, there's no R&B.
Without R&B, there's no Rock n' Roll
Without Rock n' Roll, there's no Metal, Punk, etc.

Mississippi- Son House and Robert Johnson, Elvis, Afroman (lol), Jimmy Rogers, Fat Possum Records (you're welcome.)

There are two touring rappers, a folk/blues singer, a touring noise rock/ jazz band, a black keys knockoff, and a regional garage/folk label literally on just a few blocks of my completely typical street.

Being in a depressed shithole can really bring it out of you.

UK

meanwhile we perfect electronic music, and you guys succumb to the cucking charms of black people and their """"""hip hop"""""" """""""""""""""music"""""""""""""""""

California, Michigan, Oregon, New York, and Alabama

>Oregon

Teenager

It was influential when it came to 90s music.
Portland was at least.
Washington to

Culturally speaking, NY and LA are the only cities that matter. Prove me wrong.

it must suck to be from, like, Nebraska or something. What even is the culture in a place like that? WASPy shit and good standardized test scores?

The particular corner of the Deep South I live in is a rotten cess pool, but at least it has an identity.

>Without Jazz, there's no R&B.

you fucking idiot

Detroit

See Even then, I consider to be better to choose the state with most direct influences, and not just the influence of the influence of etc

washington

which state has Detroit?

>rock and blues and jazz
>brittish

this

>implying that elvis was influential in any way and was not just the beiber of his generation

R&B came directly from jazz you tool.

The term was originally used by record companies to describe recordings marketed predominantly to urban African Americans, at a time when "urbane, rocking, jazz based music with a heavy, insistent beat" was becoming more popular.[2]

Louisiana objectively speaking

my niggas

New York, California, and other states with big cities obviously but more because people move there than anything else. Though I guess they have had big music scenes which might be made of people born in the states, I don't know. Most states that are backwater flyover states have had influential musicians come from them.