/AE General/

elseq

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lOVnXOVcUcU&ab_channel=cynthia115
reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/2idc6l/someone_combined_circlont6a_and_syro_u473t8e/
imgur.com/a/aeTt0
discogs.com/Autechre-elseq-15/release/8541092
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

play this over TBM2

youtube.com/watch?v=lOVnXOVcUcU&ab_channel=cynthia115

pendulu casual sounds like parts of bladelores and cloudline at once, but it's not as good as either of those.

latentcall tho

That track just happened to be playing when you posted that. I'm surprised by how well it fits.

love this desu

Fuck no, it was chimer 1-5-1 that was playing. I keep getting them confused, but the tracks still fit.

It lines up perfectly, fucking lush

confessions: I never liked cloudline that much
bladelores is untouchable though

its bad

i love cloudline but i specifically remember that it wasn't really considered a standout on watmm until sean said it was his favorite in the aaa.

>never liked cloudline that much
How ? I'm not saying your taste is bad or anything, but how could you not love cloudline ? It's so fucking good.

not surprised lol

It actually happened to be my favorite track at the time that I read that. It's nice to see Sean agree with my slightly uncommon opinions.

FailFish

>the bass on c7b2
rob needs to lay off the baked beans, damn

/aeg/ has been the best general in months

It really puts the rest of Sup Forums in perspective, doesn't it ?

After the amount of material they churned out for AE_Live this seems sort of normal, but when I step back I'm just fucking amazed that they actually released a 4 hour album like Jesus Christ autechre

aye

foldfre casual is love

I think this costing what a 4 hour album would cost indicates this an official "album," though Autechre might not be fond of the album format. In past reviews, I remember them saying that the albums are just collections of tracks they like that they finished around the time of the album release. Exai was also supposed to be 5 separate chunks (4 on Exai and 1 on L-Event). If they had the AE_STORE freedom in 2013 that they did now, I bet Exai would have been similarly released.

i do hope they continue to do some physical releases, I would be sad if it was all digital

mesh cinereaL sounds like if captcha made a breakfast

fucking casul

pendulu casual > foldfree casual

the bassline, then That voice in curvcaten though in the last min or w/e

That's my fave sequence in the whole elseq

Anyone got an elesq link?

the bassline in the entirely of 13x0 step, but particularly starting at 3:30 is amazing

"no"

Exai and L-Event cover art might have been a mockery of the people buying the physical copies. Pay [x] dollars for this bulky two-color square. And people really want those bulky two-color squares!

I still can't hear the voice in curvcaten

wait if you play pendulu hv moda, pendulu casual, and foldfree casual at the same time will something cool happen? like that thing with playing the tracks from Syro at the same time.

Why is freulaeux so comfy?

I like how puffy-sounding the first repeating sound is... like it almost sounds like an airbag being deployed over and over. Does that make sense?

But Sean said he actually preferred listening to Exai on vinyl. They hate CDs, not vinyl.

Anyone here collect Autechre records? I'm thinkin about the Exai boxset that I hastily sold and am regretting it.

thanks for reminding me to listen to pendulu hv moda, it's a fucking banger and those crazy fm delay effects where you get weird noises swirling in the background is so good

btw what syro thing?

I have Confield, Exai, L-Event, and a near pristine copy of LP5. My collection isn't impressive, but Autechre are all digital now, so it's OK.

post some pics

reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/2idc6l/someone_combined_circlont6a_and_syro_u473t8e/

combining two songs creates another song, i think this is what user was mentioning

No.

alright then

I have every all their albums on vinyl with the exception of Chiastic and LP5. For EPs I have L-event and Envane.

yeah he does prefer vinyl due to the novelty I guess, though he also said some music is much better in digital than vinyl format. the size of the record might also keep away a vinyl release, might cost too much, and since he, as you said, doesn't like the CD format, there might not be a benefit in a physical release. Could've also had trouble getting it to sound right on vinyl, but idk.

dank

very cool, but i think it's to do with how both tracks are versions of each other

5:36 is the cool bit I'm talking about, but your can hear it in the background before then.
But before 5:36 there's a glitch thing to cleanse the pallette, then the bassline sounds coool as f, then just as you're thinking "this is cool as f" the voice comes in at 5:36 louder to cement the lushness

I love the 2unlimited rave chords

since the other user doesnt want to would u wanna post pics of the collection

yeah i didn't think too much of it when i saw it, wasn't even sure if it was a rdj easter egg like other things he's done and not just two similar tracks

This is their best work

I don't think they've used a french-ish track title like freuleaux before, have they?

Also the beginning of oneum reminds me a lot of rew(1) from MoT.

The Exai sleeves were pretty colorful

Fleure

Are you talking about that noise that pans over the bassline ? Is that a modulated voice or something ? If so, I haven't noticed.

there are quite a few moments where the tracks clash so i'm not 100% convinced that the tracks are meant to be played over each other (especially because in the thing liked each track is panned hard to one side) but it shows just how immaculately produced afx's stuff is

i'm pretty sure it's possible to do the same thing with some of the tracks from analord

got to be honest lads, I'll be disappointed if elseq is twelb. Elseq is lush but it seems too similar to ae live to be a new album

Ah you're 100% right thanx user

Made an alternative cover. I didn't like this one.

mesh cinereaL is the absolute highlight of this album

>emotional pallette is dope af
>chaotic but pleasant somehow
>insane switch up near the end
>all this despite being 24 minutes long

It's FLeure you absolute bellend

If I ever see you unstylise an Autechre track name again for ur own little GAMES expect to get a beat down

>tDR
>putting fake physical textures on their art
m8

yeah it seems farfetched

and yeah, i bet the analord releases might have something special inside especially since I'd say bigger fans of rdj would be the ones to look inside them for hidden things

im not opposed to variant art but i dont like the textures

I've only listened on headphones, it's clearly a fucked up voice, maybe you're on speakers?

Other user here, could you explain why you want photos of the records so much ? I might post some for you if you really want them, but I'd just like to know why.

I'd be dissappointed if it isn't. This is such a bold statement for an actual album. Also would love it if they never officially announce it as an album.

At least the album turned out to be decent, feed1 was fucking lame

Yeah, I'm listening on my stereo system because it's the only way to listen to music. I tried playing that part on a pair of electrostatic headphones just now and all I could hear was some noise at 5:36 that sounded like it might be a modulated voice.

Hearing it in good quality it's pretty good. I still prefer c16 tho.

oh im not the same user who asked first, im only interested bc i think collections are cool
if its causing a conniption for ya then feel no need

This might please you more.

This album is almost like a fractal. All sub-albums are arranged like proper albums but the entire thing also works. Elseq 1 is immediate, fitting for an intro, 2 and 3 have a similar long-short-long structure which makes them more digestable, 4 and 5 feel comfy and finish things off.

But a big part of the fun with new ae albums is seeing how their style has changed. Elseq is just a prettied up ae_live, no big stylistic shift.

Underrated

That's more tDR-esque imo

>if its causing a conniption for ya then feel no need
Not really, it's just kind of a pain to take all of the records out and photograph them, since my telephone requires me to email the photos in order to get them on my computer.

I'd post pics but i don't have a place where i can display them atm, plus my psychotic cat is around and i don't want her fucking up my copy of amber that i paid a small fortune for.

maybe later tho.

Agreed at first. I want ae to surprise me. After Confield it's hard to surprise by changing their sound. Oversteps was surprisingly pretty, Exai surprisingly long (kek) but this is very unexpected as An album. A 9 hour live EP is less impressive. Still great though but elseq is miles ahead.

I used to be friends with a girl that worked for TDR on last.fm. I didn't make a copy of my friends list when I deleted the account and now I can't find her again. Fucking idiot.

It definitely is, reminds me of the voice at then end of augmatic disport.

I'm listening to all tracks from elseq 5 at the same time. It's more efficient that way.

Seriously tho the hihats of pendulu casual go really well with spTh's beat.

I think the rectangular double artwork fits the monolithic nature of the album better.

i listened to elseq 1-3 and now I have elseq 4-5 left. it's a good day lads

You did the worst possible job at that, user.

why not just arrange every album picture, then each single track in order, you'll end up with (1+5)+(1+3)+(1+3)+(1+5)+(1+5)=26 pictures

remove the first album cover arrange these pictures in a 5x5 grid and viola you have artwork for the entire thing

Lads whats happening, i've heard only elseq for two days and i'm feeling like my senses are on overdrive

alright np

better

i tried my hand at alt covers tell me what you think

imgur.com/a/aeTt0

Nice booty on that 2nd one m8

So would you rather they had just not released AE_LIVE? The relationship between live and studio has always been kinda like this, the only difference now is that the live soundboards were released.

Also foldfree casual is rly rly pretty damn.

They remind me of that unofficial dropp video, p. cool.

is this ep or new album?

It's a quintuple LP

being classed as an lp atm

Shit. Someone clear this up for me real quick.

Should the 1 and 5 in the album title be separated with a hyphen or a dash?

freuleaux is the best thing they've done, it kinda reminds me of ISAN (not the amon tobin album)

Hyphen, of course. Why the fuck would it be a dash ?

wow everyone is completely silent on this release on social media/publications. its weird desu.

discogs.com/Autechre-elseq-15/release/8541092

Discogs has it as a dash, as does the ae store and RYM. The discogs chaps are super anal about this kind of stuff, so i'm leaning towards their version.

>The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word.

>The hyphen should not be confused with dashes (‒, –, —, ―), which are longer and have different uses.

it's actually classed as a quintuple LP AND 5 LPs on rym at the moment...