B-but arch is so hard to install!

>b-but arch is so hard to install!
literally no excuse to not use arch
/ourguy/'s video got you covered
literally no excuse to use installer and shit
/ourguy/'s video got you covered

youtube.com/watch?v=4PBqpX0_UOc

being on a couple year old setup of arch i still watched a video.. on how to install arch.

Just use Anarchy/Arch-Anywhere
Alternatively use a good OS

Video tuts are the fucking worst.

he becomes root just to sudo a dd comment lmao

the larger problem is that arch is crap

Oh great this fucker again now with sunglasses

it doesnt have apt-get too lazy to learn new OS when i actually have to use it

thanks Luke!

CRUX installation when Luke?

the installation is the least problem of fatman linux

Arch is easy to install, just copy and paste commands from archwiki. The question is - why should I do that? Why shouldn't I use anarchy or antergos instead?

The only hard part i have with installing Arch is getting the wifi to work early on, i heavily advice people to install with a cord so you dont have to setup your wifi 2 times

damn luke, your beard game is weak as fuck. make more liberal use your scissor

Can you create a custom, highly specific LVM/btrfs/whatever meme filesystem partiioning setup with those?

No one said it was hard, just time consuming. They have had text guides since it's inception.

Hey NICE ADVERT FOR YOUR FAILING YOUTUBE CHANNEL
btw your facial hair makes you look like your friends shaved their dickhairs off and glued them to your face while you slept

Stop being mean, he’s nice and I like him.

Why you mad he’s not shilling for progressive shit in each of his videos or somn?

that or because he's not streaming video games

>look for the solution of a technical problem
>the only answer is a youtube video
>it's either a pajeet or a russian
>"hello, uhm today i'm going to show you how to uhmm"
>sometimes it's just some faggot writing his explanation in a fucking text editor, slowly and full of typos which he has to correct every 5 seconds
>it's 15 minutes long for something which could've be done in a 2 paragraphs of text

this shit makes me slap the desk

implying luke smith is our Sup Forumsuy
different user, or zen installer

>archcreature peddling some miserable youtube sewage
It all seems so characteristic, it's exactly the kind of misguided shit you'd expect an arch user to post.

kys Luke, you disgusting bald loser.

Good work Luke! Love your content thanks

>being this lowT

partitioning is a completely different step from the installation itself. Though you can ofc not use the mkinitcpio.conf or the grub conf from the default noob manual either. But there are articles describing this stuff.

Yes

He looks like cypher from the matrix.

I want to use my PC, not maintain it.

>b-but arch is so hard to install!
That's not the reason I don't use Arch.

>le hard to install meme xDDD

>what's the hardest part about installing arch?
>telling your parents you are gay
>what's the hardest thing about installing gentoo?
>telling your parents you are heterosexual

Better than some forum post from 2001 using then-valid workarounds

When is Luke Smith switching to Gentoo? He mentioned it in another video but haven't heard a thing since.

My excuse for not using arch is i use ZorinOS and don't need another distro to use

You just know it'll be a nightmare if it has an obnoxious dubstep intro.

Oh how I miss the good olden times.

arch is useless it has systemd. so now its just overly complex for zero reasons

I'll take this faggot seriously when he installs Gentoo. Also he needs to shave off that face fuzz, he looks like a pedo.

i'm subscribed to luke but unfortunately had an unpleasant encounter with him last summer.
>be me
>walking down a beach
>see luke smith (i love luke, he is my hero)
>I approached him from behind and calmly whispered out of nerves "Are you Luke Smith?"
>He flipped around with a shocked expression and angrily said"Yeah, why"
>I was a bit thrown off, I responded with "I was just wondering if we can get a photo together, I really like your videos and you as a person"
>As I was talking, his face grew more disgusted like I just killed his family, his mouth opened with these words "Oh yeah ok, if that makes you happy, I'll do it, give me the camera then"
>I give him my Sony camera, he snatches it from me and tries to find the on button
>Try to turn it on for him, but he slaps my hand away, he eventually turned it on
>He had a grumpy expression and said "come here then"
>We had a photo, he threw my camera back to me and claimed "I'm busy now" and then went swimming when I was gone

I don't know if this is supreme bait or a genuine story.

I mean, I'd fuck him but im not underage, so its obviously not working...

no one cares about some random guy on youtube. Please stop advertising here.

i can watch a tutorial on writing an assembly os too that doesn't mean i'm going to do it you retard

Fake

This is a RMS copypasta

Also there is no beach in Phoenix

>51 minutes
>

Arch is easy to install

>RMS
>swimming

>video tutorial
>on how to install an OS
I can't use the internet to watch the video if I don't have an OS! How am I supposed to follow along? Are Arch users really this dumb?

How is he so based bros

RMS doesn't swim, he floats

>arch 4 minutes
>posts a 2-minute-long webm

What bothers me more is people wants video tutorials for something you can get through by simply reading the onscreen prompts. For something like Gentoo, you simply read the handbook. Seen video tutorial folks be perfectly happy once you show them a video of someone scrolling through a handbook.

Dear God, Luke.
First, most of Sup Forums don't like arch gnu/linux.
Second and most important, put a anime desktop on your computers.

it's easy for a person who knows that shit. For me, these are a few basic things to do, but consider here the general user.. for some people this is out-of-the-world impossible do to.

BASED

13 minutes to booting the install medium, then oh btw this video is for traditional bios...

god bless people like luke desu

the only guy in the community who isn't a fat bloated disgusting toxic dude

Luke smith is the new david koresh

I installed Arch and i was stoned and drunk and it was for a friend. It's possible and i remember laughing 90% of the time.

>literally no excuse to not use arch
I'm not polite enough for the Canadian-borne Arch community.

I use fedora now. No reason to switch

why would I do this when I could install debian and not waste my? If I was going to install an autist distro I would install gentoo to get rid of systemD.

2 minutes is the limit, so it's 2x speed

Fuck off with your e-celebs. Also arch is a shit distro and that has nothing to do with the installation process.