/wt/- Watch Thread: No Edition Edition

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people:
youtube.com/watch?v=BsZoAD4PnWA

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/kabaclyde/
youtu.be/jxdYbFviVT8
youtube.com/watch?v=VwsNfCGRHgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for supreme aristocrat

This wop larper comes up and slaps your Seiko in the ass at fredericos place. Wat do?

First for Value Master Race.

Whats the difference between them? Different production runs?

Size. One's 38mm and the other 42mm. Open your eyes nigga.

Of course. But why are there different movements? Any "real" difference between them`?

Both use the same movement, but the casing is different. It's identical in terms of actual use. The 37mm is the recreation of the pilot's chrono, and the larger 41/42mm case was done because right now people like 'big' watches.

There is no practical difference. The 37mm can be found in acrylic or sapphire, and the larger ones are mineral glass. You can get both with transparent backs or solid, and there are a bunch of variants within.

Here's the original they based it off of.

But the bigger one says 21 jewels while the smaller one is 19 jewels?
Cosmetics only?

The original watch had a movement with only 19 jewels; the movement was made using the tooling for the Venus 175 which Venus sold to China in the 50's or whenever they bought it. Seagull uses this movement, which is the ST19, for their recreation of the pilots watch. Someone on WUS broke down the movement to find that it indeed has 21 jewels, not 19, but for some of the recreations they've kept 19 zuan on the dial for closeness to the original.

There are lots of variations. Mine has 21 zuan on the top, and the two lines of text on the bottom. But it also has an unsigned crown, and I bought the exhibition back for it as well. Column-wheel chronograph for 300 bucks...easily the cheapest one on the market. Though I'm sure people here are tired of me talking about it.

Cool. Thanks for the info user!

No problem. If it wasn't for this continuous thread, I wouldn't have even known that this watch existed. So, the knowledge passes on. And surprisingly, I'm not drunk tonight...so....bonus for all.

One of them has to go Sup Forums.
I'm thinking the orient power reserve but that was my first automatic watch since 3 years ago

Why does one of them have to go? What would prevent you from keeping them?

I'll think about it, but right now I'm cleaning out watches that have minimal wrist time per month

Who here /deskdiving/?
Also post watches at aesthetic times (10.10 & 1.50)

Here. I even tortured the shit out of the case in my leak tester, so I'm ready to desk dive to at least fifty meters and also inside the Byford Dolphin diving bell.

>americans are asleep
Post pieces of european art americans could never hope to imitate

>24 hour subdial instead of sub-seconds
Literally Aliexpress-tier. What was JLC thinking?

Where are the /wt/ watch lists about vintage and poorfag watches?

What are the little bits of tape on the case?

Do you think one day he will become self aware or will he live his whole life like this?

the pvd orient first then the sarb then the other orient and you should be free and clear of hideous watches.

Spotted the jealous pleb

packaging

Why would JLC make the website that took the picture leave the packaging on? It makes the watch look like it's a listing on AliExpress or something.

Waiting for Rolex to release a new non-maxicase Sub for Basel

Is that even likely?

This is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen, ALS is superior to PP imo

Supply of the current Sub has been slowing down considerably, so my guess is a new sub with the updated movement and better proportions, which is what they did with the DJ.

ShitterBrah

54MM WITH LONGER LUGS AND A 34MM BRACELET. WATCHES ARE TOO SMALL ROLEX IS NOT GOING TO LAG BEHIND ANYMORE.

Poorfag guide:
Casio f91 > vostok anything > citizen ecodrive > seiko 5
Vintage seiko > vintage citizen > vintage slavshit

There done

What do you think of this watch?

D A D C O R E
A
D
C
O
R
E

What the fuck is wrong with nips?

That Seiko soylar looks disgusting compared to an SKX.

You want vintage? This guy has vintage:

reddit.com/r/kabaclyde/

It's just the angle

Didn't even notice the shitty image, I just wanted to show off a grail of mine

And the dial.
Bezel.
Case design.
Crown.
Finishing.

rude

The finishing is on par with modern Omegas.

the finishing is unironically better on this than on Tag's

Will Timex Marlin ever be back in stock?
I want one so bad

I'd get rid of the plated one in favour of a steel model and then sell power reserve

>seagull shitter for 200% markup

People like you are odd

But there isn't a classic 60s dress watch design AND size out there for that price.

It's a second timezone, it's actually useful.

I mean it looks nice enough for a cheapo watch, but you might as well get a bambino or something instead

You faggots sound like women comparing their purses. I can't believe """men""" itt would waste money on a watch to look pretty when it brings the same utility as a $20 watch

And what faggot?

LUCH

I picked up the Suwa 7546 Type II a fellow watchmaker needed as a donor. He needed a new rotor and nobody in the country had a 754x movement, so I got a cheap one from Buyee. I think I'm keeping the Maruman bracelet though.

I got a huge advantage over the older watchmakers being Internet-savvy, I can get parts from barely known darknet sites such as Ebay, Cousins.uk or Yahoo.jp.

Just got this soyko. It's fucking great. My first seiko.

My 5-year-old casio w-202 wishes to give this bro its respect.

Does the Pulsar PW3001 use a proprietary battery? It's hard to find any info on it.

Aside from a wedding band, it's the only acceptable piece of men's jewelry

Something you will never know as you wear a darth Vader promise ring and an Apple Watch you numale

No.

If you have one of these what do you do at nighttime?

Hasn't got a decent 2-hander that not's a miyota quartz.

Do you know the width of the band? Gonna get one and a nato strap.

You bought the best one. The cheaper ones are not worth it and the more expensive ones look almost the same but are larger and ovepriced. The 033 is the sweet spot for seiko.

20mm.

god I hate fake bluing

If it's not proprietary, it's very difficult to find. Mine needs a new battery and I can't find one anywhere online.

I have a 035, and while it's very nice for the $250 I paid, it's easy to see where the finishing could be better. More expensive watches, even from Seiko, are worth it. The SARB is probably the best value you can get though (or at least it was up until the reddit craze and price hike).

Nobody cares? Of course not, Penisquartz used to be the worst bait meme until solar stripyknobs.

I have to say it feels and looks like a $1000+ watch. I'm really happy with it.

Thoughts on these two, i personally believe that Arch knows a lot more than TGV.

I find them boring and just old time normie stuff.

Both are quite basic about the info they provide and the opinions they have. Not that they arent right most of the time.

TGV is quite relaxing and nice. Arch isnt.

I hate TGV, he is a fake " aristocrat" and that stupid squale watch sucks not to mention what he did to Federico and the guy from Theo and Harris. The guy is the urban vermin

They are both characters. Paul Pluta as Archie Luxury, and Tristano as TGV italian /british nobility

Nice everyday entry level swiss watch. On the bad side its a bit bland and souless; the fake american heritage shit pisses mi off a bit.

>stripyknob

Wasn't it at one time an american company?

What did he to Federico and the other guy?

Which watch is she wearing?

Yes it was. But swatch bough the name and the rights to designs and everything to use. But modern Hamilton has nothing in common whith the old Hamilton american company, its just a new company created under the old name and image bought by the Mountain Happy Merchant.

He got Federico Fired from his job and shafted them both from his fb page and no longer colaborates with them

Probably a Lange.

Disgusting skeleton watch
That's probably what he means by "fake american heritage"

Patek

Same here, I don't want to take it off

Some chink shitter from aliexpress.

AFFORDABLE LUXURY

youtu.be/jxdYbFviVT8

Is there a more homoerotic watch-related video than this?

youtube.com/watch?v=VwsNfCGRHgM

I'm kinda bored of my Daini too. It feels too light on my wrist. I'd rather wear one of my dense as fuck Citizen Crystrons or my automatic Seiko 5Actus watches.

Also I think I'll put the Maruman bracelet on the Suwa in on my green Cosmotron.

Wish me luck, lads. Also, all white hands or silver hour and minutes with a white seconds hand?