Video editing software

what is the best one for linux? is pic related good to make relative simple youtube videos?
>shotcut.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

mltframework.org/docs/melt/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why the fuck would you be using Linux to edit videos? Jesus Christ...

VSDC

da Vinci resolve

why the fuck not? i need to use a huge bloated os just for video and graphic editing. why can't i do those on linux?

hmm looks similar to vegas which i like

>DaVinci Resolve from Blackmagic is what professionals are using for editing movies and tv shows.
sounds very nice, kinda wanna try it

The basic version is free so what's stopping you?

Blender

Haha, you cannot use Blender as a video editor, user lol

>video editing
>linux
thanks for the laugh
Freetards themselves are actually using Blender to edit their videos because of how pathetic other "video editors" are on linux

>I pirated Premiere to edit my gaming footage - I'm such a professional

Even such basic editing requires features not present in freetard editors

Kdenlive

It has a pretty full featured video sequence editor. Not what I would use for general purpose video stuff, but it does work nicely for animation work

Great but kinda glitchy sometimes. Has probably the best interface of everything I've tried, better than premier

Windows and Mac offer superior productivity for that kind of work. End of story. If you happen to be someone who already does everything on Linux, then maybe you're the exception.

OP wants to edit some simple YouTube videos not join the industry, you retard.

>OP wants to do this one simple thing on Linux
Oh, I've personally been down that rabbit hole a couple of times. It never ended well.

there's one guy one YT with a really nice beginners tutorial about that

lwks
blender
kdenlive
ffmpeg
shotcut

Kdenlive

All from the terminal, using ffmpeg

Your favourite text editor + mltframework.org/docs/melt/

Openshot is the simplest editor I used, Kdenlive is better according to reviews, havent use it that much.

Also ignore You can buy industrial grade video editing software for Linux but for simple edits I am sure Openshot is enough.

Just like you wouldn't use windows for software development, you shouldn't use any linux distros for video/graphic editing. Just the way it goes, the platforms have weaknesses.

What a dumb ass. You ever hear of Da Vinci resolve? Linux is a workhorse in the film industry.

I use Blender or Davinci Resolve.
Resolve has a bit of issues on Ubuntu but on RHEL it works.
Blender has lots of support and can do anything except audio-editing. just watch a bunch of tuttorials.

Ask the /vid/ thread on /p/ for further stuff.

blender can be downloaded and ran right away
lightworks and resolve look good but i would imagine it to be a headache to get either running stable on any distro other than the ones they provide packages for. they keyword here is stable. blender's ui and workflow is different from NLEs like premiere, final cut or avid but if you're adamant on video editing in linux i think it's pretty good. other than that kdenlive seems to be the choice of these youtuber guys. you can try the appimage if you want a it to just work... kind of

>lightworks
werks fine on arch