Should I pass from windows7 to windows 10? If yes to which edition? Are the 10-buck keys they sell on the internet safe...

Should I pass from windows7 to windows 10? If yes to which edition? Are the 10-buck keys they sell on the internet safe? I dont want to buy the whole thing, its too expensive

Other urls found in this thread:

eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:105:0054:0063:EN:PDF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Are you talking about cracked one?? If yes, you can go for that. I use it. But be aware of the scam sites providing win 10.
But my recommendation is don't go for win 10, its fucking disgusting. Win 7 is much good.

The only edition worth using is Enterprise, because it gives you most tools to limit the extent of botnet and not bother your with updates.

So it's either between regular Enterprise, which has store and other new features.

Or LTSB if you want total autism, without store and no new features. If you pick this one it's impossible to install any UWP app and you will be the very last to get new features from manual updates. So this is the most minimalist install but also the most featureless.

LTSB look on Reddit, so fast without all the recent winahit.

what OS does Macron use ?

No. Stay on 7. If you need 10, build 1809 will be LTSB and Server. Wait for that one, it will be released in a few months, probably around September this year. Current LTSB is a piece of trash, and a bugfest.

Gendbuntu or maybe Coqlinux

Yeah the cheap windows keys are safe...I bought one myself.

I just order Windows 10 Home edition for my new build because it was the cheapest (inb4 >paying etc). How badly did I fuck up? What can I do/ disable to make it better?

You shouldn't use windows at all, but if you are going to do it just make sure you're buying from a site that's not a complete scam. Most cheap keys are actually taken from big ass rolls of oem key stickers (the kind that they stick on pre-built desktops and under laptops), they are single use and if you check on microshaft's site I think you can find out which company originally bought the key. The edition depends on you, I'd say go for an enterprise or at least pro edition so you can get rid of as much of the botnet as possible.
How much did you pay for it? You can disable a lot, but you can never be sure with a home edition as you're just sliding shit from on to off, with enterprise you can go deeper into the OS and iirc you can even remove most of the botnet shit from the system files.

7 to 10 is still a free upgrade, dummy.
But no, unless you have a specific reason to do it, it's not worth it.

windows 7 for ever

I need to use windows because I use autodesk and adobe software for work. Trust me, if I could realistically switch to linux I would in an instant but Wine isn't up to scratch yet.

>with enterprise you can go deeper into the OS
Huh? So you are literally blocked from accessing system files in the cheaper version? Fuck my life.

>7 to 10 is still a free upgrade

how

E M P E R E U R M A C R O N

install windows 10, type in your windows 7/8/Vista key, profit.

install gentoo

Not that user but just did it last night. I wanted to see if the horror stories of upgrading was true so I used my 2010 toshiba laptop with 7 home premium. Downloaded the upgrade tool from M$ site and ran it. Upgraded almost seamlessly except had to use the driver finder tool to install the Nvidia drivers. Thought i would have the restricted version but it was fully activated. Everything worked.

>Paying for windows when microsoft offers free upgrade
I don't want to insult you but damn ... you deserve it when you're this stupid

win 10 assistive technologies or any kms

>'Tweaking' windows and then complaining why it's acting up and the search feature doesn't work anymore
>Shooting yourself in the knee by using a cut down version for the delusional sense of protection

Really pitiable when people have no idea in what world they live in...

1.You'll never escape 'the botnet' aka big corps making money off of your data. Why ? Because it's not just microsoft, it's literally everybody down to ISP level and it's all legal.
2. As long as you're connected to the internet you'll never have privacy, e.g. in Europe it's mandatory for ISPs to collect user data like browsing history and later sell it to advertisers, that's what all big corps do too, they make money off of Big Data.
3.If you still are stubbornly autistic to blame everything on microsoft, you can go ahead and block all connections to microsoft servers maybe you'll sleep bettter at night.
3.Except the paranoia, the collected data doesn't really affect you personally, at least for now and of course unless you do something illegal.
4.The only effective method to protect your privacy is a 9mm

>there's always someone out there who wants to fuck you in the ass so you should train it, lube it up every morning and letting them have it their way

>in Europe it's mandatory for ISPs to collect user data like browsing history and later sell it to advertisers

>no source

I call bullshit. Show that law or regulation which requires ISPs to gather data and sell it. How could a law even require a firm to sell something. Jesus, you're beyond retarded.

(...)ISPs to collect user data like browsing history. They later sell it to advertisers*

Check your country laws, I could give you an excerpt from the laws of my country but I'm not sure how that will help you.
There are multiple laws like eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:105:0054:0063:EN:PDF but each country has it's own laws. Either way, legal or not, to say isp would never sell your data is naive at the least.

Install Windows 7, then activate with DAZ.

Then install Windows 10 update.

Works great, although you have to be crazy to want Windows 10.