Perfecr OS does not exi

perfecr OS does not exi...
srsly how can one OS be so based?
>only have 2 gb ram
>install kde neon 64 bit
>run smoother and lighter than actual fucking lxde/lubuntu
>everything just werks
>minimal, no pre-installed bloat
what's your excuse for using anything else than kde neon?

Other urls found in this thread:

archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/plasma-meta/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It uses an outdated Ubuntu base and the KDE development cycle is just retarded. Also, yes, it has bloat - it's called KDE.

>kde

reposting:
>it might just be that the unpopularity of kde for the last decade has lead to a dearth of high quality themes, but I just can't stand the way that kde looks.
>it's funny, but I love the way TDE (old kde 1-3) looks, it feels like it's it's own thing, that it has confidence in itself rather than trying to copy windows?
>in the same way, gnome despite all it's dickery has confidence in it's own ideas and is unafraid to unilaterally act to realize them (to the chagrin of its users)
>I think kde can make a comeback, but the time is not yet

it also suffers from insane defalults (single click in dolphin, huge clock,) needless complexity, byzantine config menus, and buggy, inferior apps like okular, compared to the default suite of gnome apps.
kde neon and the 5.12 lts are a step in the right direction but it has a long way to go.

The more you shill it the more people will hate it.

may be on Sup Forums? but who cares?
name beter de
>can't stand the way that kde looks.
name on de that looks better? also imo it does not look that different than windows + not to mention high customization

KDE is literal bloat though...
Just use a WM.

>uses only 200mb ram on idle
>hurr durr kde bloat?
kys

BUGGY
U
G
G
Y

Bloat doesn't always mean memory child.
CPU cycles and dependencies.

archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/plasma-meta/
Every package pulls in around 20 dependencies and in total with all the libraries it's easily over 60 packages.

Every single library is the possibility of a new attack vector.

Compare that to i3 or xmonad.
Even more extreme is dwm or tinywm for example.
Xorg itself is extremely bloated so why complicate it?

>may be on Sup Forums? but who cares?
do you even know where you are?

>name better
xfce, tde, and any number of meme lightweight or tiling WMs (excluding something bloated like awesome)
I've had good experiences with fluxbox, icewm, jwm to same a few.
and although I haven't tried it, I've heard good things about enlightenment which unlike the others is modern, activley developed and has support for Wayland.

xcfe is pretty much perfect though.
it has all the functionality and stability you could desire, is simple and intuitive to use and configure, and has the best and widest variety of themes to suit your personal sense of aesthetics.

rather than placing the blame squarely on kde, I think the problem is a lack of good kde distros
if people want to get a decent install they need to go to something like arch or Gentoo for updated packages

>Ubuntu LTS minimal, i3, i3status, feh, conky, thunar, Chromium

there, perfect desktop

>only have 2 gb ram
Fucking KeK, 2 gn just to boot, is pure bloat

>chromium

Great argument lad, only that for one
Beat me in explaining why your post is a meme.
And two, those numbers are complete bullshit, a stock KDE on Debian (Sid or Stretch, doesn't matter) consumes 2 gigs of RAM. ON IDLE! I don't expect KDE Neon be any lighter because it's KDE: the distro.
Next time try using your brain stem.

qpdfview has worked much better for me than okular

>only have 2 gb ram
bloated shit. into the trash it goes

it regularly uses 500mb on idle for me, which makes it equal to cinnamon or mate

500mb because Neon is using eunuch version of KDE, not Baloo, no Akanodi, no KMail,etc.
If you your problem is memory you may as well use a more light window manager.

I don't give a shit how much memory it uses as long as it's less than 1gb, my gripes are ease of use/simplicity, aesthetics, shitty defaults, and bugs in default programs (okular)
I don't like lightweight window managers because excessive "simplicity" becomes complexity.
xfce has an excellent balance.
I'd like to see kde develop that level of polish. I'm hoping for lxqt to fill that gap in case kde fails

It's still Ubuntu.

Also for a perfect OS, I have a lot of troubles with my DualShock 4. To do the xinput thing and use it with some software I have to keep doing the pairing thing because ds4drv is ass and too finicky.