Do you ever miss being pleb...

Do you ever miss being pleb? I've gone on a bit of a Radiohead kick what with the new album and it's really weird listening to OKC now. Not that I don't still think it's a fantastically written album etc, but I remember it sounded so alien when I first heard it. It was one of the first things I ever heard outside of top 40 and post-grunge/ pop punk radio rock.

And just to pre-empt the people who say "yr still a pleb for liking radiohead" - you're not funny

saying Radiohead is pleb is a disgusting meme.

Oh, but they most certainly are, chief.

:^)

>you're not funny
Obvious truths aren't funny.

shut up tripfag

Radiohead is indeed a pleb band

>the most discussed band in this board
>most of albums are Sup Forumscore
>pleb

>tripfag in charge of deciding what's good and what's not
Kill yourself family.

>mad

omg edgy

Pleb =/= bad.

Radiohead is pleb as fuck but still good

i guess that the children on Sup Forums don't realize OK Computer topped the charts and was a huge hit

I guess it's not radio rock even though Karma Police and Paranoid Android were huge radio hits and MTV hits

I guess I was the patrician 12 year old suburban kid who got it for Christmas

>i guess that the children on Sup Forums
Please try to stop being a cunt for a second. I literally specified "post-grunge/ pop-punk" because I knew some tard would come in and say "b-but radiohead is radio rock kek xD"

I went out of my way to counter shitposting and this still happened. It was literally just meant to be a thread about returning to albums you heard early on in your music listening history and them not sounding as weird as they did back then. Fucking hell.

how is a number one record not Top 40

It's really obvious to anyone with half a brain that I'm referring to shit like Rihanna and Ye when I say "top 40" but whatever you autistic fuckwit. Have fun busting out OKC songs at your parties while everyone shuffles around awkwardly asking if they can change the music.

>I went out of my way to counter shitposting and this still happened.
I hope you learned something about making an effort today.

The pleb inflation rate is getting out-of-hand. Radiohead are middle brow, not pleb.

OK Computer is pleb, but I'd still consider it my transition album. I completely blew my mind on what an album could be and I listened to that shit on repeat.

I understand, OP. These kinds of conversations are impossible to have on Sup Forums, because the cold hard truth is that a lot of people are insecure about their music taste (just scroll up and you'll know what I mean), but you have a point. OK Computer is a wonderful album, but yes, it has lost some of its magic since I first heard it when I was a fifteen year old obsessed with Blink-182. But yeah, I do miss being a pleb, especially being known as "that guy who can't just enjoy trap jams" in my friend group. It kind of sucks when you can feel yourself becoming more and more of a pretentious asshole as the years go on

Radiohead sounded alien? I've never listened to conventional music and though "ph wow this is so strange, a new world"
and honestly, i don't even know how you could think Radiohead is unique, or for that matter good

>post-grunge/ pop-punk
How is OKC not post-grunge/pop?

Then what constitutes "pleb" in your mind, since you're obviously an authority on the subject?

Are you talking about the fact that Radiohead had hits and were relatively popular in the 90's? Does being a patrician mean that you have to like bands that no one else does?

Not OP but I'll take a shot at this faggot response:

Radiohead was unique. OK COmputer was an album that helped redefine what alt rock/art rock was in the 90's. I know - I was there. They continually redefined their sound throughout their career, most drastically and amazingly with Kid A.

I totally understand why people wouldn't like Radiohead - music is subjective. But to suggest that they are "conventional" is beyond ludicrous. The have not been conventional since The Bends.

>write and record beautiful piece of sonic art

>piece inspires tens of thousands of musicians over decades

>wring literal beauty out of a world of chaos and despair

>craft shining light in a sea of depressive humanoids

>get called pleb by weeaboo army

Pleb = popular bands people think are OMG so great!!1!
Patrician = better music that is harder to digest and therefore less popular
You can have patrician taste and still like pleb bands/albums though

If you consider Radiohead pleb then you clearly haven't listened to anything from them since Kid A. Particularly The King of Limbs or their latest edition A Moon Shaped Pool - or any of Thom Yorke's solo work for that matter. Nothing about those albums are particularly "easy to digest" minus one or two songs from each.

Overall I would say yes. I remember getting both OKC and Kid A when I decided to try and get into Radiohead and Kid A especially blew my mind just by how different and "alien" it was.

Getting into bands like Porcupine Tree, Sonic Youth, The Pixies, Fugazi, Husker Du, pretty much any 80s Hardcore Punk band..etc..... was really exciting because I was comparing it to the more mainstream stuff I was already familiar with.

Listening to most of that stuff I listed isn't nearly as exciting now, even the bands that I do still listen to regularly.

wtf you saying bro? 5 year old kids listen to radiohead, my cousin and my sister too, everyfuckinkbody loves them. Thats so pleb,

lol sure. I've been an avid fan for 18 years, I know a lot of people, and I can tell you that's absolute bullshit. It's very, very hard (outside of Sup Forums, honestly) to find people who are actually fans of Radiohead beyond "Ohhh I love that Creep song!" My anecdotal evidence is better than yours. Go fuck yourself.

I miss being a pleb and enjoying that one album by my chemical romance

>It's very, very hard (outside of Sup Forums, honestly) to find people who are actually fans of Radiohead beyond "Ohhh I love that Creep song!"
This. Not necessarily Sup Forums but outside of internet music boards in general good luck finding a genuine Radiohead fan who's heard all of their albums and could hold a conversation about them for more than 5 minutes.

That being said I can appreciate calling them a pleb band in a tongue in cheek sort of way while posting on this board. When it comes to really big fans of music Radiohead are an easy go to band... "baby's first favorite band that isn't embarrassing " basically.

>That being said I can appreciate calling them a pleb band in a tongue in cheek sort of way while posting on this board. When it comes to really big fans of music Radiohead are an easy go to band... "baby's first favorite band that isn't embarrassing " basically.

Yeah I can see your point there. They basically are a "popular" band for people finding an interest in "non-popular" music. That doesn't detract from their genius, though - in a way it solidifies it.

Like I said, I've been a fan for 18 years after stumbling on OK Computer at a record store and buying it on a whim knowing nothing about the band previously. Then Kid A came out and the only promotion they did for it was one set on Saturday Night Live which blew me away - bought the album the next day. Loved them ever since.

plebs

radiohead post amnesiac >downhill

>That doesn't detract from their genius, though - in a way it solidifies it.
Exactly. That's where things become a problem on this board. Because people understand that although Radiohead are great they're the type of band that can be talked about too much too quickly and so people who are either not big fans or are just tired of all the constant Radiohead threads will start calling them a pleb band. They're not irl but on this board they become over saturated.

The issue though is then people who are on here too fucking much for their own good keep seeing them referred to as a shitty pleb band and start taking that too seriously and then you end up with people like the ones in this thread who genuinely believe little children are huge Radiohead fans. As if the ones getting into deep discussion about Kid A and In Rainbows are 10 years old.

>>As if the ones getting into deep discussion about Kid A and In Rainbows are 10 years old.
>2016
>implying this isn't true

Anyone got a dropbox link to OKC it got removed from jewtube

Wait... you're saying that they were better before Amnesiac (when they were MORE popular) and calling people plebs for liking what they've done since then which has been less popular? And we've already defined "pleb" as being people who like what's popular? I'm not following your logic.

This. That's exactly the problem. Summed it up perfectly.

It's not implication. It's fact.

In any event, if a couple of 10 year olds are indeed getting into a deep discussion about Kid A and In Rainbows, they are pretty smart 10 year olds with good taste in music.

wtf just torrent it nerd

no u

>Patrician = better music that is harder to digest and therefore less popular

Or in other words, music that simply isn't good, but you listen to it over and over again convincing yourself that it is because you think it makes you smart and sophisticated to like it.