Do any of you have Google Maps running without google play service?

Do any of you have Google Maps running without google play service?

Other urls found in this thread:

osmand.net/
businessinsider.com/to-do-what-google-does-in-maps-apple-would-have-to-hire-7000-people-2012-6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I didn't even tried because Google Maps is trash
Use Here Wego. Or Maps.me if you want FOSS, but I doubt it because you tried to use Google Maps.

Here Wego uses google play services aswell

You need a network location provider, either google services or MicroG

Nice. I see there is a LineageOS bundled with microG. This is exactly what i was looking for.

Yes, it's called Open Streets Map

I use something called OsmAnd, works pretty good.

But I have it running without play service

Yeah I have it running in AOSP
It bitches about not having play services but works fine

+1 to use OSMand
osmand.net/

Big g has 7000+ full time employees on maps. OpenStreetMap has fundamental flaws and the community is fracturing.

I'd love a for reals alternative, but I need to actually get and look up places and osm isn't a competitor

yes

>hurr durr im a busy man i need to actually look up places my time is valuable
same stupid roleplay as those braindead retards who claim they need windows to do "real" work aka fucking around in adobe photoshop

I use OsmAnd+ but both HERE Maps and Bing Maps are also good.

>Big g has 7000+ full time employees on maps
[citation needed]

Why not just use the website

it dosen't get the location properly

businessinsider.com/to-do-what-google-does-in-maps-apple-would-have-to-hire-7000-people-2012-6

That's from 2012. Suppose they could have culled most of them, but I doubt it.

OpenStreetMaps is unironically better than Google Maps and FOSS.

Professional drivers can't depend on open streetmaps

Maps.me is great. The OSM data is wonderful and it works for giving me a good map of an area. But, I've had trouble with the Maps.me Address location services using the head version on Fdroid. It crashes every time.

I'm probably going to need to figure a system to get geoloc for where I'm going before I go so I can use offline mapping.

>I'd love a for reals alternative, but I need to actually get and look up places and osm isn't a competitor
Well, Here is a big name of the self-driving industry, and have few sponsors nobody have heard of (Audi, BMW, Intel, nVidia, Oracle...). I think they can be reliable.