Where is the FOSS Community solution for the RSS Reader problem?

Where is the FOSS Community solution for the RSS Reader problem?
Yeah that's what I thought, you aren't so bright huh?

who the fuck still uses rss feeds

>RSS
fuck off oldfag

Emacs elfeed
Thunderbird

Both can subscribe. Both Foss.

hmm? isn't rss just formated text with some pics? i'm pretty sure there are a lot of libraries to parse that shit. see for example.

I use SeaMonkey.

>not having your news, blogs and youtube channles automatically delivered to your thunderbird every morning

>still uses that old outdated ugly email client

when did the email protocol change?

Literally when exchange happened

>exchange

Liferea exist, you are a fag

>FOSS Community solution for the RSS Reader problem
what did he meant by this?

rawdog

because that's how i like it

I’m the opposite way, I never ever used them, and now I realize they can actually be very useful.

Not free but I find fever quite good.

I use newsboat, I can keep up with podcasts that way as well.

just werks lol

~700 feeds (500+ yt channels, can open videos directly in mpv or watch embed)

Quiterss

I'm always looking for feeds who have the full article inline.

Nice. How'd you configure it to open in MPV automatically?

At least it's not IMAP.

What problem? Also, there is free software (newsboat) that read RSS. Did I miss something?

Did you know you can automatically download torrents? Did you know Sup Forums has RSS set up for the OP posts of each board, the blog and blotter? Did you know that it's really helpful for keeping track of webcomics/news/podcasts and other uses?
I've used this one so far, Are there better ones?

I host tinytiny rss.
It's pretty good, all you'd need is any shitty raspberry pi or clone to host it and then you can assign multiple accounts, access it anywhere with a free domain and certificate.

>Did you know you can automatically download torrents?
you don't say!

tt-rss

fuck off plebbit

If memory serves me right you can write a little script with curl and it will deliver shit to you clean and all.

rss?

sure you don't mean atom?

How the fuck do people keep track over hundreds of blogs or sites without rss/atom feeds ? There is no way. I suppose they go to reddit or some shit...
Without mentioning the auto torrent downloads.

>How the fuck do people keep track over hundreds of blogs or sites without rss/atom feeds ?
They simply don't. You can see this even on Sup Forums where people are clueless about tech news until some youtube celebrity makes a video about it.

The only way to use keep Youtube subscriptions without a botnet account is via RSS. RSS is ahead of the times

Truth

>bought the first actual google tablet
>used rss
>google cucked my tablet with terrible updated
>gave up using rss feeds

Plenty of apps on f-droid for reading rss. There's newsbeuter for GNU/Linux. I never got into using rss very heavily, though. I always forget to check it, or find all the stuff coming in to be a bit overwhelming. I might give it another shot eventually. I feel like I'm not learning as much as I used to.

thanks mozilla for ruining the best rss reader there is