Why did everybody in the 60s try and make their own Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club?

Why did everybody in the 60s try and make their own Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=goDxhJl1UJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>why did others make psych-pop
hmm, wonder why

But that album was good

Nah it's actually one of the most overrated albums of all-time

It's an exact copy right down to the *uh-hem* gimmicky circus style that most of the songs have, or at least try to have because it doesn't work very well unlike Pepper does. All very clever insincere stuff.

>It's an exact copy
not really, no. Plenty of bands did the circus thing in 60's psych. The United States and Pink Floyd for example.

>The United States and Pink Floyd
And those were influenced by Pepper so it's a full circle

If you don't think that Senhor F and Panis Et Circenses sound like a gimmicky Beatle song from 1967 to 1968 I don't know what to tell you

Then why does Os Mutantes sound better than that album ?

Superior Os Mutantes album here.
Best track is Ave Lucifer.

Because you have an ear for pathetic replicas

because you're a contrarian egdelord

Then why do I prefer Returnal to Replica ?

Because you have an ear for pathetic replicas

But I'm not. Everything about my taste is completely genuine.

Then why do I prefer Returnal to Replica ?

>Os Mutantes
Oh shit is this a South American music thread?

B T F O
B
T
F
O

I like it better

he didnt. and he's better

Ah, the baby's first 60s contrary pop album.

half of those albums suck

>Her Satanic blah blah blah

::puke::
::laughing::
::holding a sign::

Bitch please Sgt Pepper's is their worst psych album. The only songs worth anything on that album are Lucy and A Day in the Life. The rest is mediocre "psychedelia" filler that would later be done a million times better, both by them and other bands.

>muh sitar and pothole Paul plinky plonky release shit

contrary me hole, one of the best pop albums of the 60's. The only pop album that can stand next to the kinks, beach boys and beatles, or at least the first one that comes to mind apart from them, c'mon the melodys, the baroque sensibilities...

youtube.com/watch?v=goDxhJl1UJE

it might not be sgt peppers, pet sounds or the kinks are,,, but it's fucking class

because

"When I was 20, I worked at a hotel in a dance orchestra, playing weddings, bar-mitzvahs, dancing, cabaret. I drove home and I was also at college at the time. Then I put on the radio (Radio Luxemburg) and I heard this music. It was terrifying. I had no idea what it was. Then it kept going. Then there was this enormous whine note of strings. Then there was this colossal piano chord. I discovered later that I'd come in half-way through Sgt. Pepper, played continuously. My life was never the same again"
-Robert Fripp on hearing the Beatles Sgt Pepper

he never said it was good

Fun fact: that album was recorded directly after Sgt Pepper in the very same studio The Beatles recorded Sgt Pepper in. The Zombies literally utilized whatever random instruments and mic setups were leftover from The Beatles. Hence without Sgt Pepper, there would be no Odessy and Oracle

Nice reading comprehension, mongoloid. Not only is that the implication, but you're implying that it would have to be for people to try to make their own. Never post again.