Can someone pls explain the appeal of this album

can someone pls explain the appeal of this album
like okay i get the whole politically charged aspect but the vocals and the cringeworthy, insufferably basic lyrics totally ruin anything this album might have to offer

I enjoy this album a lot more when I'm reading the lyrics while listening to 0pn's replica

I don't have an issue with transgendered singers, but don't let your fucking identity crisis infect your vocal performance, jesus christ

>she

This is the worst thing opn has put his hands on. I hope he stops collabing with this person.

(s)he has an abysmal voice and idk how ppl can gather any semblance of "passion" or "personality" when in actuality it's just him/her being a fucking tryhard

have u seen his twitter
he's drinking the sjw kool-aid and loving every bit of it
i wouldn't be surprised if he tries to be transgender lmao

nigrs

Just ignore all the artists that get pushed for Political reasons. No one remembers Sinead O Connor, Joan Baez, or Pussy Riot so should don't acknowledge their existence and don't try to "get" them because they are shit and everyone will soon realize this.

instrumental only version when

does this exist?

I like "her" voice but the political bullshit is so hamhanded and it isn't really witty or clever. It's so retardedly blunt its almost condescending.

ok fantano

This.

Her feature in Bjork's new album is fucking awesome, and makes for my favorite moment on Vulnicura (which, by the way, I consider a near 10/10). But Hopelessness is just a fucking mess as a direct result of it's political nature, despite the musical ideas behind it generally being pretty solid. It's just really, REALLY fucking hard to appreciate this album through all the "Obama is bad, you guis"

The appeal is that the artist is a trap that's literally it
If you don't care about that you won't care about that album

"It's made be a trans person so we have to pretend it's good"

Typical left wing nutjob moaning about how fucking bad america is when its a safe as fuck first world place and the only country on earth (ok, canada too) that has dealt with multiculturalism in a remotely effectual manner. This 46 year old white woman is seriously complaining about how bad society is when like 200 years ago in the first world, and right now in the third world, she would have been beaten to death for being a fag.

I am a big Antony and the Johnsons fan but I only think this album is pretty good. Like a 6 or 7/10.

The popularity has to do with the press coverage, especially by Pitchfork.

>woman

This is actually hard to argue against. Sure, social revolution comes after industrial revolution but some people need to calm down and cherish the world we live in currently.

Also, I'm not calling for a socially sedentary society but some people need to realize how little or far they can truly push a society.

why not fight for it to be even better just becaise things coulf be worse doesnt mean we should just accept everything as iy is

Yeah actually you should. The more involved in social revolution people are the more depressed they tend to be. You are only going to live once and you should get yours while you can get yours.
This. Be active in community or local politics if you want but you're not fucking nelson mandela. Sorry

You are right, we should not accept everything as it is but sometimes when you spend every waking day fighting for social advancement without taking a break, it slowly turns into an argument for the world being a total hellhole rather than a world that has some shit to be dealt with.

>pitchfork praised it to no end
>fagtano gives it a 6/10

the way america dealt with multiculturalism is to make it impossible to live under anything than a slightly ethnic version of the monoculture. america is certainly more progressive and offers more protections than some other countries, but acknowledging the progress is significantly less interesting than exploring the fault and the fields in which progress could be made. If you want some hoo-rah go america balogna there is certainly a glut of that in the world, it's just generally not critically acclaimed 'cause that subject matter is tired and dull

How is he so based, Sup Forums?

I agree somewhat - acknowledging the progress made makes for uninteresting art. But so does white/Asian/Rich people whining about an extremely safe society in which 95% of non-poor-black-males get to live to 80 without being so much as touched in an inappropriate manner.

Then why are you complaining about this album? An artist-class (read:poor) trans person complaining about their personal trials and tribulations. Is it an albums job to reflect the culture at large, or the artists life within the culture?
Does this specific album ignore some great aspects of musical development in favor of making a k-mart jamie stewart? yeah, kinda but the academy award winner has a greater audience and the musical spectrum between general pop and weepy-gay pop is still a pretty big rift.

only p4k likes this album
you should even be trying to find the appeal of it