I've been playing theses fuckers for about a year and a half on my telecaster. I recently put on a set of...

I've been playing theses fuckers for about a year and a half on my telecaster. I recently put on a set of .11s and its hell. I can't play any other string gauge, my fingers hurt and I can't bend for shit. Never use .09s

I had the opposite happen. I've been faithfully using Power Slinky (.11-.48) sets on my Strat for a few years, and last month tried going down to Hybrid Slinky (.9-.46) for easier bending. But man, I just can't play on light strings. I'm so used to bending harder to compensate for being in standard on a 25.5'' neck with .11s that I'm always bending the .9s out of tune.

get the green ones noob

11's are a meme

green slinky master race reporting in

>falling for the Ernie Ball meme

? they are the cheapest string and fine quality

if anyone is falling for a meme it's the idiots paying 2x the price for "handwound" bullshit or gold strings like Brian May

D'addarios always lasted longer and sounded better than Ernie Balls for me and they cost the same, I get the pure nickels though

Of course it's harder to play on larger, tighter strings.

Once you git gud you can switch between them with minimal difficulty. All sizes have their pros and cons. I usually stick with the green ones.

D'addario is the only other acceptable string brand. Everything else is hipster shit

I prefer Ernie Ball because they feel a little stiffer

I've been playing for 20 years and have tried them all. In the end, a string is a string and it really doesnt matter

I hate pure nickel strings because they don't sound bright

This, basically. Ernie Balls sound like cheap plastic when they die out. I've had a set of D'addarios on a Mexican Strat for a couple years now. Never changed them because they just aged and sound so damn good.

You haven't changed your strings in a couple years?

10s or bust

I just picked up D'Addario 11 gauge wound 3rd strings and now I can only bend a half step on the G string

Balls are dead after a couple weeks. Go D'Addario.

What are some good bass strings to get?

you haven't changed strings in 2 years and you are giving your opinion on quality

joke

depending on how filthy your hands are/your body chemistry. my buddy will ruin a guitars strings in 30 minutes and i won't let him play my shit. I don't know of any string including d'addario that isn't 'dead' in 2 weeks if you play regularly. To me, brand new strings are a bit too bright especially the wound ones.

Ernie Balls actually sound better after a week or so to me. I change strings about once a month it's tough to keep up since I have 13 electric guitars. I use EB 10's and have tried everything. The only "shitty" strings I've ever had were DR's and that's because on more than one pack I've had them break at the ball.

I like the sound somewhere between dead and alive, and in my experience strings don't hold tune very well until they've settled in for a few days

I don't like the way d'addarios are packaged nowadays it's fucking annoying if you only need to use one

That's my main reason to use Ernie Ball over dads. Quality is good on both brands.

Im playing .12s jazz strings and have no problem with them. Dont be a pussy op.

iktf

bought vintage guitar, it was perfectly set up but had 9s. became my main, didn't even bother with others for months. It's in for repairs and now I'm forced to use 10s AND told them to put 10s on it. Got a show in a week, I'm gonna die.

>he doesn't use 10s

9s are too slack
11s and 12s are too tense in standard tuning and can possibly damage your neck in the long run

nothing will damage your neck if your guitar is set up properly for the gauge you're using.

faggot

Ive been using super slinkys for almost 10 years now. I dont see any reason to change.

>Puts Ernie Ball strings on a Telecaster
>Claims to use eleven gauge strings instead of nine gauge
>post picture of nine gauge strings

Have you considered using GHS Boomers? I find that Ernie Ball strings are more suited for Gibsons than Fenders.