>Pajeet is the vice president of the club
>he's gonna make the first presentation
>boots computer up on the smartboard so that everyone in the room can see
>drags and drops powerpoint presentation from USB onto computer
>hits windows key
>types cmd and launches command prompt
>cd desktop
>launches powerpoint from command prompt
>Looks up at us with a smirk and says "OHHHHHHHHHH, YOU GUYS LIKE THAT DONT YOU"
>smiles like in pic related except he's brown

The following week there were 50% less people in that room.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he'll probably get hired before you do

I am aware that based on his position in the club he has a higher probability of getting hired before I do, but I have a plan to change all that and skew the odds in my favor.

>if i work hard good things will happen
well i hope you don't end up like me user
remember technical ability will get you the interview but you won't get hired unless they LIKE you (or literally can't find anyone else)

Actually my personality is good, but my technical ability is shit. ;_;

Section Head at 32

>in CS class
>can I borrow your laptop bro
>haven't cleared my browsing history

T H I C C

Sounds like fun, OP. What's the problem?

pajeet from my club detected

>go to university for 4 years
>go to class even if it's 8am
>take notes
>do homework
>get a summer internship
>pass exams
>get a job offer
>graduate with a 3.9 GPA

Nothing eventful happened, not even a single friendship.

>Was able to actually get an internship
Normie scum. All daddy's connects I bet

i fucking hate indians

>go to class even if it's 8am
wow user you're so brave

>apply to UCSC
>get conditional offer
>fuck yeah
>fuck around and fail math a levels final
>conditional offer rescinded

and thats why im in the navy.

Does the university you go to matter? I go to a university that's ranked 250-300. This is for computer science.

That sounds fucking hilarious.

it was the least i could do. someone else was paying for it.

>go to university
>visit every course
>take notes
>get mostly bad grades in every exam until now
Guess I'm a brainless, I feel like a complete retard the longer I study the.

Unless you're the top of your class or have very good side projects, yes it matters.

Your best bet is to do well in all your courses and flesh out your GitHub. You can start by making PRs to open source projects. Try bumping up test coverage in a library you use or are interested in. If your goal is to work in software engineering you'll learn more from doing so than you would at the best schools anyway. You'll also have to work harder to get a good internship, since companies won't have much recruiting efforts at your university

I suppose you did all of that after high school?
I am tihnking about getting into university/college being 25 but maths and physics will be hell for me ;_;

Im doing it, just go for it.

But you didn't start at this age.. you're already doing it.
Anyway, I'd have to take a loan and everything. I need to make sure this is what I really want and then get adquire the discipline for it.

Also, I don't think I wanna be a programmer. I think I'd rather do networking, system admin. or security. Coding 24/7 is dull and soul crushing.

I have to complete an internship as part of my university degree. But thanks for the advice.

>be in uni
>first programming class
>visual basic forms
>finished hello world and shit
>activity time
>put our name in it then email the exe to him
>that exe file serves as our activity participation
>fairly easy and im done in a second
>create new form again
>code the form to launch itself every second
>while lauching calculator, paint and cmd
>put a huge picture of a penis in the form
>send it to him using a burner email
>next class with him he look visibly pissed and he wants to know who sent the virus
>feel nervous as fuck and never do any devilish things again

It was 5 years for me between my last math class till now, what I'm saying is might not be as hard as you may think it will be to pick up the missed knowledge. If you at least did algebra before then just start then and work your way up to where you need to be. try khanacademy.org to get started.

>at uni
>met cool dude, we became friends
>one day i bring my laptop
>pretty standard arch install with i3
>looks pretty gud
>"holy fuck user thats nice"
>we talk about linux a bit
>over the next days i introduce him a bit and show him some stuff like vim and git
>warn him it takes time to learn and it's not all intuitive at first and that you should have patience etc
>2 days later he basically ignored my advice
>for weeks all he does is complaining that he is not getting shit done and he doesn't know what he's doing
>ends up dropping out of uni a semester later because "computer science is not his thing"

last i heard he is shooting up heroin in a shack somewhere in the woods

>introduce someone to linux
>they become a worthless drug addict
the power of linux

Damn, powerpoint from command prompt? He could have at least used powershell.

>that based on his position in the club
Trust me, most employers are onto this club nonsense. In my school, people keep creating new clubs and societies even if identical ones already exists. We have 4 makers club, 3 hip hop dance clubs, at least 3 entrepreneurship/investment clubs, and so on. It has gotten so bad that many societies have to beg people (even recent joiners) to become executive committee members. That way at least a third of all students are holding some leadership position in some club. It means absolutely nothing.

Only in the US. Rest of the world doesn't give a fuck. It's the interview that matters.

Many employers nowadays, especially tech companies, look for culture fit rather than 'interview performance', since the latter can be easily coached, and they obviously wouldn't want someone who is a completely different person than what they pretended to be in the interview.

>first day of electrical engineering course
>class of 60 but not a single person in the engineering gene pool
>one semester on
>a third of students have dropped out, including most of the girls and people from a certain race
>what reminds are mostly chads and thots who have no passion but doing this for employment prospects
>they hate talking about tech or engineering outside of syllabus
>guys would rather talk about soccer or drinking
>girls giggle around and only talk to me when they need me to carry me through the modules
>this is my life for the next 3 years
>these are my peers for the next 3 years

I wish this was true

Although, it depends on whether the interviewer is a technical guy or some HR donkey. If it's the latter they are more likely to move off gut feelings (feelings in general if female) rather than objectivity.

Good one OP

>thinkpad dies just before semester starts
>have to use my fuckhueg thicccc gaming laptop thingy
>group project time
>every single person has a mac
>nobody bats an eye at my snsv monstrosity
For the record buying that is not a decision I'm proud of, but I do get occasional use out of it. Anyway
>finally find a good deal for an X230, mod the keyboard, put in an IPS screen, stick in the SSD from my old thinkpad so everything is ready to go
>arrive to group project meeting
>"user what is this?"
>"Why does the battery stick out?"
>"Wait so you, like, opened it up and changed the keyboard yourself?"
>mfw all this
Also running Void with xfce riced using Chicago95 threw them for a loop.

They're not even pajeets, and they're pretty competent

Do it faggot, don't waste anymore time. I started college when I was 23, I'm 25 now and in my first year of university. Will graduate in a couple more years and still have my late 20's to get some experience.

Just attend the classes, take notes, do hw, get tutoring when you need it (most schools have free tutor labs) and you will be fine. Gotta start somewhere. Also don't forget summer internships on years you don't take summer classes. Speak with CS faculty, they usually have connections.

I can relate so much to this
>finish highschool
>nobody cared about computers even remotely
>nobody cared about security
>i was the only one interested in free software
>go to college
>software engineering and mathematics
>expect people to enjoy computers
>nope.png
>they do it for the money
>nobody cares about anything but the looks
>80% of the people I speak to think webdev is the peak of software development
is there even a place anymore where you can reliably find other people who like to tinker with electronics?

Stop posting pictures of yourself, you asshole

yep, blow off the achievements of others because it would feel bad to compare yourself to others since all you do is fail

See if your campus has an IEEE club, or find a local hackerspace. I lucked out so much, my uni has a space grant and a space program, so much connections to NASA, Boeing, Lockheed, and even SpaceX. It's not even a prestigious uni. I am fucking set on internships.

Do it!
Just... Do it!
Don't let your dreams be dreams!
for real I was just like you and I started college at 24, best decision of my worthless life. In two years I'll be out of school, work at Dell and earn 2k€/month.

Even the clubs outside of school are filled with non tech people talking about irrelevant things.

For example there is this group called "Hackerware" (hacker+hardware) about hardware/embedded projects. It used to be where people showed whatever they were working on, usually Arduino/rpi shit. But it was still about engineering.

Now it is filled with people who spend more time being involved in maker clubs and communities instead of people who do actual engineering or hacking. And they talk about what conferences they attended, what company they visited, and almost nothing technical.

A few months ago the head of a local "get gurlz into coding!" club came to talk, and she talked for an hour about how her club volunteered at a dog shelter. She did this at a club about hardware projects.

>Now it is filled with people who spend more time being involved in maker clubs and communities instead of people who do actual engineering or hacking. And they talk about what conferences they attended, what company they visited, and almost nothing technical.

that's the power of neo-marxism. make people make themselves feel good for being unable to produce

so what's the plan, field marshall, you gonna teach em how to install Arch?

Or teaching them how to get someone else install it for them:

youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM

>that's the power of neo-marxism. make people make themselves feel good for being unable to produce

What's the difference between Neo-Marxism and regular Marxism?

>infosec club
>windows

The same as the difference between old Sup Forums and neo-reddit Sup Forums

turbothots.

Thats what I really liked about starting to work at a company. In a tech company engineers talks about tech und solutions, not meta.

So you think graduating in late twenties is not a handicap? I started at 22 and it took me basically 6 years for a 3 year bechelors (europe). Mainly because I did not attend 80% of the courses and had to study everything on my own doing a side unrelated job to pay for it. Nevet had troubles with exams, and the most it related (software eng, programming, data structures, databases) were actually easy and fun, also never failed a single oral exam or presentation. Now I am about to graduate and scared as shit to explain why it took me so long and why I never worked in the field till late 27.

You are young, don't. In which country do you graduate?

In general most of my physics classes have people that are pretty into electronics and tech. I love a girl that can solder.

central europe, not germany.

I started a trade when I was 17 which I finished at 21 and economy went to shit and I have been scaping by on 60k a year since. So 25 now and only after 4 years are full time jobs becoming available again (still basically non existent) and a shit wage. People settle for shit wage to have the full time job which desu I don't think offers much more protection for being a cuck. I'm back at trade school doing post trade course/associate engineering degree in mechatronics. So I'll be 27 when I finish that and it's full of fucking 18 year olds too stupid to get into university and too useless to get an apprenticeship. I plan to do another apprenticeship after and uni part time (hopefully can get RPL for 2 years off bachelor instead of just the 1 this course guarantees) which is another 4 years. I'll be 30 so 10 year stunt compared to the olden days, but I'll rocket past a lot of the faggots who just went to university. And by rocket past I mean 450k a year on an oil rig. It's like becoming a doctor.

rit?

but once he fails at his 1st job, no one will want to hire him again

I'm happy because my infosec club is actually really good. Our professor sponsor is legit, does vulnerability research for the university.

Our president is very knowledgable... VERY, and we have people in the industry sitting in or lecturing about half of the time.

And I mean, actual people in the industry. Guy from a (massive hospital-university's) infosec team. Guy who works at the top secret level managing a team at the DOD... etc. We have a practicing team that competes and does pretty well.

Not too bad, really.

lemme guess, CMU

>go to to university
>do two studies cause i dont wanna work
>graduate and no clue what to do
>apply at bank and they hire me
>now doing mostly sql / sas stuff
--> 60% of my previous studies useless. The rest was statistics/maths, somehow useful

>first year of electrical engineering
>all the chad's and people of certain race are dropping out.

>doesn't study
>wonders why he fails

>Dull and soulcrushing

Yeah telling people to restart the computer is sooooo much better.

Which school is this?

Not really a story, but on my uni all the macfags wanted to hold my Thinkpad X1 Carbon for some reason.

>kids who say they never study in high school but get straight A
>has same mentality going into college
>get fucked in the ass with no lube

I am glad there is people with that mentality, weeds them out.

>go to university
>get a year long internship
>get a job offer at the end on condition I get at least a 2-1
>play too much vidya in my last year instead of studying
>graduate with a 2-2
>job offer is gone
>so begins the NEET life

>network administration major in local community college (only other choices were IT support or CS. Nope to both)
>Have to take various classes from the ground up regardless of skill level
>I manage to show my various professors I'm not inept and have been doing server stuff for years
>They usually let me take the final for their course during the 2nd week so I can test out, get full credit, and get another class to replace the one I just got out of
>All until I get to Support 101. Literally Geek Squad tier. Fixing drives, building computers, etc.
>Shit I've been doing since I was 15
>Prove I'm competent and ask if I can take the final and test out
>Professor tells me no real nasty like
>Apparently the other professors whose classes I tested out of were talking about me. How it's unusual to have someone who does that etc.
>This support 101 class professor has made it his personal mission to prove I'm not so damned smart
>Queue a 4 month semester of barely staying awake and consistently answering the professors questions correctly.
>Start playing games on my phone in class because the 3 hour lecture makes me bored as fuck
>Professor takes offense, wants me removed from class, head of IT department gets involved as does the dean because this is unusual all around
>Turns out head of IT department is the professor of the SQL/database class I took/tested out of.
>Hears the entire story, looks at support 101 professor like he's a fucking idiot. IT head signs the paper himself saying I can test out of the class
>Take the final, get 100, leave the class
>Support 101 professor didn't even look at me nor speak to me the entire time all this was happening.

Fuck you professor Rodriguez. All you had to do was let me test out you fuck and none of this would have happened.

I was one of them. My first semester grade suffered because of that. Before college I was able to coast through everything. College was a rude awaking, but it was difficult because I had grown accustomed to getting by with low momentum

Attached: EtxXIVy6Te6EwQPfh32Bh-MAmVp8Xdb4BjZyrRZSHTM.png (273x363, 91K)

>Start playing games on my phone in class because the 3 hour lecture makes me bored as fuck
That is very rude, either go to class and pay attention or don't go. The problem with uni is that many people treat it like high school, where you HAVE to go to class. Don't treat it like a class, treat it as though you agreed to meet the professor to have a conversation about a topic. Also, the professor had zero obligation to test you out of the class, because at a university that would simply not happen.

Yeah, I'm the (you) and I didn't ever study hard in HS. But being in uni has forced me to study hard.
>tfw shit study skills even now in my 3rd semester

this happened to me, so I dropped out. it was not that bad, but still didn't even manage to pass 2nd year...
now I got a nice and well paying job (but, for unrelated reason, I'm being fired right now ;_; )

>Don't feel like you HAVE to go
Except I did. Guy was the only professor who made it a point to have attendance as part of your grade. And yea I was rude. I know it. But he was the only professor not letting me test out, just for the sake of saying he was the one who proceed I wasn't so damned smart.

Long story short, I worked. 50+ hours a week. The quicker I finished classes, the faster I graduate.

>Go to uni all bright eyed and looking forward to everything
>Read up all the recommended reading before the semester starts
>First Java practical session
>Want to do my best and do everything by the book
>Notice the task specification seems to suggest we submit one file
>Ask the lecturer if we can submit multiple classes
>She literally blasts me for being a tryhard loudly in front of the entire class

T-thanks

Attached: 1332021909271.gif (286x310, 688K)

>>kids who say they never study in high school but get straight A
Probably went to a shitty public school and didn't take AP classes

because that shit is gay and boring as fuck
if you actually enjoy programming as an activity and not as a tool to accomplish something else (like making money) you are autistic

that is a fact

I, along with several of my friends, also had this problem. Being smart, but not a genius or anything means you don't get to learn a proper work ethic in high school since things are so easy, but you're not smart enough to be able to do the same thing in college. Meanwhile, people who were fairly average and had to work harder in high school adjusted much more smoothly.

it's easier at least. also, there are lots of opportunities in IT

The real issue is that your other professors all had finals ready on-hand. In many classes, the final is based on how well the class has performed on midterms and other tests. I will say that mandatory attendance is bullshit though; students treat uni like high school because uni treats students like high schoolers. The problem goes both ways unfortunately.

I understand where you're coming from though, and really the whole problem I have with undergraduate education is that it has become "high school: the sequel". Education is just a clusterfuck.

Not as many as you would like

>tfw never studied at school in final year
>deeply depressed, 2 of my grandparents died at the beginning of the year
>don't even bother handing in 1/4 of my assignments, don't study for exams
>B's and C's
>don't get into the uni I want
>hit 4 high distinctions at a crappier uni, transfer over to the good one
>slum along alternating between passes and credits, with only 2 HD's and 1 distinction.
>parents inherit a little over 20 mil, they set up a law firm, buy a masion we all live in, 4 porsches and they still make ~ 8k a month from interest alone
>when I feel like moving out they'll buy me a nice house outright
>tfw don't need to make any kind of career for myself to live comfortably and in style for the rest of my life
>I'm still gunna try do something useful though

This is what privilege looks like

Yeah, screw them for being born under less ideal circumstances right? What a bunch of losers they are for not being part of the lucky sperm club.

>infosec club
What a nerd.

Attached: 1516033171040.png (769x595, 262K)

I'm hacking your hologram as we speak. You're fucking dead kiddo.

Don't worry about that professor, user. She's just being a bitch.
People don't typically understand that in CS you have to study outside of the class assignments and generally do extra things to really understand and learn the material. I'm studying K&R as we speak. If anything, you'll be the one getting a high paid job while the others in your class don't.
Also, keep in mind that those who can't perform well in the industry teach instead (in general). Why would someone with a MA or Phd take shit tier academia pay over industry pay? So she likely isn't the best. Just keep doing what you're doing user, good luck.
You can make it.

AP classes are offered on a national level. you choose to adapt and take them or not. it's your choice.

>having browser history
ishygddt

and by the way, i chose not to take them. bad decision, in case anyone is wondering.

university is not a utiopia. you have to eat a lot of shit and grin while you're at it.

Attached: -7.jpg (320x383, 30K)

>be at uni
>brony fags have pony pins and poney shirts
>all autistic looking neckbeards woth ponytails
>anime or pony background on laptop
>post fliers for pont club
>at the end of class on day pitch their pony club
>the same guy snears at IS and IT guys for not being in the CS track when all our degrees says computer science on them
Glad i graduated and work with normal fairly wrll adjusted programmers

The people in CS is why I switched majors. 40% Indians, 40% stereotypical anti social nerds, 20% regular guys. I couldn't handle it.

>Education is just a clusterfuck.
I used to think that education was important, now I really hope that some unicorn "disrupts" education, so all these weak ass universities go bankrupt.

Hard science and engineering based on it doesn't have this problem.

What category did you fit into?

You go to college to learn shit not socialize. This is one of my biggest annoyance with the current education system people go to college to party, do nothing, and because college is a business get a hyper inflated grade for it.

>OK this entire class is about Object-relational databases
>Object-relational databases are soon going to completely replace legacy style relational databases, that's why it's all we will talk about
>I provide a lot more background in the book I wrote on the topic
>Which by the way is the $300 course textbook
>By the time you graduate, people won't even remember what SQL Server or MySQL or Postgresql are
>I graduated in 2007