Want to upgrade pc

>want to upgrade pc
>see ram and gpu prices
>don't want to upgrade pc

And you?

I can afford hardware because I live comfortably with the sizable income I have from my job

And you?

could afford to upgrade, don't want or need to
i5 4670 K will probably last me another 5 years..
bought a GPU shortly before the current crypto craze, will probably not get another until volta 70 or 80 depending on when that is and what happens with cryptobux

Just buy a pre built PC cunt

I'm happy with an old PC/laptop, but I understand the anger and frustration gamers experience as a result of crypto-mania.
I wonder how the VG market is affected by this.

I make 6 figures after taxes and these prices still give me pause

got in before the gpu spike. don't care any more for it so selling at cost and maybe going laptop only after all.
don't play peecee games now

I have decided to not upgrade no matter what for the rest of the decade. Feels good. When something new comes out I get excited about how quickly the next thing will blow it the fuck out rather than feel stressed or concerned trying to figure out whether it's a good purchase or not.
My desktop has a core i5 Skylake in it. Under most circumstances it's outperformed by fucking Ultrabooks now. These Ultrabooks will be half price in a year or two, and their successors will be even better. Hell, you'll probably be able to build a PC with a comparable Ryzen+ threadripper for $500 in 5 years.
I'm going to sit tight on my laptop and desktop for now and will probably replace both with a single laptop purchase in 2020-22, then build a desktop when need arises and be blown away at how fast new cpus will be compared to what I have.

I got a 1080ti on launch and sold it for $900 after shipping. Totally worth it, in using a CRT and older GPU now and it's fucking great. Chasing cutting edge tech is a meme.

Would love to build my pc, but I was an ignorant fool and waited too long to grab a mobo. I can't find one for my CPU now.

I could buy a GPU. I'm not exactly poor.

I just won't because of the inflated price.

>cpu broke
>want to buy amd ryzen
>see ram prices
>buy athlon
OH AH-AH-AH

>want to upgrade pc
>all the tech is new
>ddr4
>new sockets
>new chipsets
>nothing is compatible with what I already have

You faggots told me PCs were cheap because I could upgrade one component at a time.

Why don't you just buy saturated second hand laptop motherboards off the web?

And it's soon going to be changed again.

poor based frogposter

>i make 6 figures
suuuuuurrrrrreeeeeeeee

Nigga no you don't, those who do would never admit it.

I bought high end hardware before the prices shot up into the stratosphere and all I'm using it for is browsing this shithole.

>tfw 6700k, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti Sup Forums machine

> And you?
Not really a problem. Useful Linux onboard CPU computers are so cheap that I really wonder how they pull that magic off.

Couldn't be arsed to use an older less power efficient machine, built a new more power efficient one in a better case.

Contemplating if I don't simply give it an array of >10TB drives rather than trying to make use of older HDD, though unlike the machine itself it's not quite as dirt cheap to do so.

Bought my PC late 2016.

My 1070 is now completely unavailable new, and at least 25% more than I paid for the cheapest used one.

But that's nothing, everyone was talking about the GPU prices being high, but the fucking RAM went is now 150% more for a total of 2.5 times of what I paid. What the fuck.

Actually I wonder if I could sell my old DDR3 ram for a profit now, brb gonna check.

Stop being poor

Why? 6 figure after taxes can barely get you by in some cities

Eh, I just got a third 4GB module. Next month I'll buy a 4th one and complete the 16GB I want.

> Sold two gtx970 for $1400
> Sold two 650 ti boost for $600 to crypto suit
> Currently selling 16g ddr4 on craigslist for 3x what I paid
Who knew being a scalper was this fun

>bought 2x4GB kit when they were cheap
>want more than 16GB now (my mainboard has 4 slots but 2 are already occupied)
>have to buy 4x8GB kits that cost fucking 800 USD

Fuck Samsung, SK Hynix and Micron

>in the old days, got extra ram for 20-40 bucks
>these days RAM prices are going over 200
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>bought Vega 64 at 400€

See you in 2022 faggots, feels fucking amazing

lol retards I make 250k huf a month which is 6 figures
dumbfucks

I got lucky and upgraded at the right time. 16GB of DDR4 for $68 and a GTX 1060 GB for $255.

Buy used parts

get out of SF before the earthquake

>born in a shithole country
>my monthly salary is 400$
>still using gtx 750ti

Fucking asshole

*6GB

>Bought 128GBs of DDR3 ECC before price hike
>Bought 3 AMD fury cards for 250 400 and 300 respectively.

Attached: 1520560378747.png (500x481, 260K)

I'm in the 128GB club too. DDR4 non-ECC though.

Newegg got the gigagbyte g1 1070s back in stock yesterday for $509. Still felt like being fucked in the ass though.

Daily reminder that the soyboy cucks complaining about 100% increase of MSRP on graphics cards are the same people who probably buy a $5 starbucks coffee everyday and has a bunch of unnecessary internet of things devices that they impulse bought on Amazon

Attached: 1515858306002.png (660x800, 26K)

Be honest - will there be any end in the price hikes? Death of BTC in favor of another shitcoin?

More coins are using staking instead of mining which doesn't rely on processing power but rather length of time staying connected online, this needs more adoption.

Just buy an APU bro haha, just b urself

>Ethereum crashes
>everyone starts mining Burst Coin with their hard drives
>WD EasyStore 8TB external drives go from 150 bucks to 500bucks

yes please

I'm pretty sure AMD said something about sticking with AM4 until DDR5 comes out, which likely won't be until 2020 at least.

>And you?

Still stuck with 8GBs of RAM

Attached: 1506445958055.gif (636x758, 14K)

kek

>See ram and gpu prices
>Say "Fuck it" and buy a 3d printer and additional monitors instead

>last year
>1080 ti announced
>buy 1080
>coil whine, return
>another coil whine, return as well
>novelty tax on 1080ti 's wore off, so grab one of those instead
>(burned most of my cash, could've bought BTC at $1900 then)
>week later GPUs get deleted

Attached: 1366487634702.jpg (400x330, 52K)

>built my PC in early 2013
>3570k, 8GB DDR3 1600, GTX 670
>upgraded GPU in 2016 to 8GB RX480
>still plays 1080p60fps on optimized games

I dont need to upgrade it... Yet, but the processor is certainly showing its age in a handful of new games and definitely in unoptimized games like Escape From Tarkov. I expect to upgrade the internals next year when Zen2 releases and hopefully DRAM prices have stabilized. Depending on how Navi performs and if it has a mid-tier card I may upgrade that as well, but my 480 should last me until at least 2020 or 2021

Attached: 9B4137FD0E5A4A93B90C72CA68808215.jpg (612x612, 67K)

Dude 300 dollars a day is NOT a lot of money. Some tech even make that in my trade. I make that or more of I'm working as a salesman.

I have my own business and i do well but I'm paying for my house, car and I give money to a kid I had with a women 10 years ago so no toys for me

nigger

Basically me except I got myself RX470. Also waiting for Ryzen 2.

Back when I used to earn $300-400 a month best I could do for gaming was a $400 laptop, shit sucked but it was still an improvement over the stuff I had to use when I was unemployed.

Now I'm lucky enough to earn $900 a month which leaves me with more than my entire salary was back then as disposable income. Low cost of living is a perk of shithole countries.

I'm fine.

Attached: sp5.png (596x431, 27K)

>bought 16gb of ddr4 in 2016 for $80
>bought 1080ti for $715

Guess this is what I get for being an early adopter.

Holy shit 680 aged horribly. Are you playing any games on it, user?

No one denies you can make a lot selling your tight asshole

Pretty much this. I only make a modest amount. I've paid off most of my home and still have a ton of savings. When I want something I buy it and don't think twice. Fags who can't manage their money itt

Why would I want to upgrade my brand new PC?? :S

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 1.14M)

>t. delusional tranny that actually thinks he's a "femanon"

Idk, we don't have that degeneracy here in east europe that you are facing on a daily basis, you libtard.

I dare you to not be an attention seeking faggot and leave your name field blank. Can you do that? No? You won't get enough attention that way right?

Why? "Anonymous" means you identify yourself as a man. I'm a woman!

>thinks there are niggers that pay child support

Attached: 1479248026401.jpg (229x221, 11K)

Are you genuinely fucking retarded? Anonymous literally means you're devoid of an identity, YOUR GENDER included.

No. Nouns have genders.

Kek, you're silly, take your last (you) because I'm leaving

Bye.

>want to upgrade to a new macbook pro with touchbar
>my wife's bf won't let me use my credit card for such a "frivolous" purchase
>have to settle for buying more RAM and an SSD for my 2011 macbook pro

My GPU just died, I can afford the current market prices but I'd feel like a retard if I bought a 200 bucks card for 500.

>you will never find a cuck like this irl

Attached: 60efe9fce4597ff53bb8cb1a648c8aad5694a84768acd9e02b10e322108999a4_1.jpg (640x657, 31K)

Different poster, wow I think I hate you now.
Filtered :-)

Well, I don't hate you.

>all the poorfags in this thread
lol I'm a trillionaire and have my own fucking country I inherited from daddy.
it's your fault for being born poor fucking plebs

Attached: 1518667839731.gif (384x372, 2.83M)

i want to bully aqua with my ponos

Worst girl

Just get a 1050ti to hold you off until Navi next year or possibly Nvidia's new GPUs sometime in Q3

I went from growing up with consoles to becoming a PC fag and now I'm back to console having become a casual in old age.

I don't care about multiplayer or framerate or mods so sitting on a couch fucking around a bit is good enough for a few hours a week.

Should I get a Ryzen 3 2200G APU or install my HD Radeon 6570 Video Card into the new PC i'm building for my gf

Attached: 1516783611956.jpg (600x656, 315K)

3000000 HUF (yearly salary) = 15000 CAD

Same

Attached: o6jRA5C.jpg (640x854, 37K)

software engineer in New York, $100k/year here
Sure I can buy a gucci PC at these prices. But only a retard would actually do it. Back in 2017 you could get a near top of the line PC for $1200. The almost doubling in cost is absolutely ridiculous and I'm not going to have any part in being a retard with poor financial sense or self control

Yep. It struggles a tad bit with PUBG, but that's still quite playable and it handles everything else just fine.

Just take out the GPU if you aren't using it. There's no point in degrading it with daily use.

go back to /r9k/

ah i got a 980 and its analog out with a crt, fuck widescreen, thats just extra height for no reason cause you dont see in wide view
yhour eyes are round and ppl are dumb

>bought 2x 8Gb RAM 3200 CL14 for current price in December
>bought RX 480 8GB reference on release day
buying the GPU on release day was not my smartes decision back then. Now I'm just happy.

Attached: amd-radeon-rx-480-graphics-card-product-image-art-background-375.jpg (375x250, 31K)

Upgraded in 2016
I regret not getting a 1070 but i don't game as much as I thought I'd be. i may go for an i7 upgrade at some point though. Regret cutting that corner.

Wait, really? The 8th generation i5 doesn't cut it? I thought your bottleneck would definitely be the GPU.

I just read about rumours that NVidia wants to release the next generation (Turing) of their gaming chips in mid-March.

Is this true? Is it expected to be a major or rather incremental step?

They're going to be $1500 minimum, so they damn well better be faster by a large margin.

>tfw start using VMware
>Finally see a reason to upgrade my 2015 rig
I really don't see why lost of g cucks post about their machines becoming obsolete and shit like that, like what the fuck do you use your PC for that a decent GPU/8gb ram and normal CPU is not enough ?
>Inb4 gayms

Attached: 1513554017166.jpg (480x473, 18K)

It was Skylake so 6th gen and it's fine, I'd just rather have that upper tier of stress covered without working about heat and shit.

I make more money in a year than you will in probably 4 and the prices still prevented me from upgrading my RAM.

Games are the only reason to buy a powerful PC in the first place

Attached: Scum_Nanatsu_no_Bitoku_07_WEBTV87F5D09A02_55.30003_00.639.webm (1280x720, 1.06M)

You must not make very much money if you can't afford to drop $800 on the RAM.

Was Raja a forward thinking man?

>cryptocunts grabbing all the graphics cards
>develop shit GPU architecture for cheap
>miners buy it anyway
>spend the RnD budget on Navi instead because crypto market will have crashed by then

>And you?
Bought my 1080ti and 16gb when prices were reasonable.

Attached: 1484841441005.png (471x615, 153K)

this faggot likes the overrated loli. i'm shocked.

Attached: 1490021907582.jpg (306x306, 12K)

This. Sure, I could afford paying double price but that would be retarded.
On the other hand I'm afraid that since companies still getting their shit sold even at inflated prices, means they have no pressure to lower the prices back to reasonable levels so the situation will continue for a few years like this