Whan do you know about Crux Linux? Is it Gentoo clone? Any reasons to install it?

Whan do you know about Crux Linux? Is it Gentoo clone? Any reasons to install it?

Attached: images.jpg (169x240, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gentoo.org/inside-gentoo/sponsors/
crux
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If we follow the general rule that the worse the penguin is drawn the better the distro, this should be pretty ebin

>Gentoo clone
Not at all, did you at least see what this is about? Is simpler but the init scripts are better.

>gentoo clone

Crux is NOT BASED on any distro. Reasons to install?

>CRUX is a lightweight Linux distribution for the x86-64 architecture targeted at experienced Linux users. The primary focus of this distribution is keep it simple, which is reflected in a straightforward tar.gz-based package system, BSD-style initscripts, and a relatively small collection of trimmed packages. The secondary focus is utilization of new Linux features and recent tools and libraries. CRUX also has a ports system which makes it easy to install and upgrade applications.

>that spacing
>>/r/linuxmasterrace

>reddit space meme XDDDDDDD~~~~~~~

basically the poor man's gentoo. In the meme folder it goes.

Yeah, you can file it right next to Gentoo in your meme folder.

>used by nasdaq
>meme
pick one.

Memes
Ignorance

All that soy must have drown your brain cells for good. Name someone using crux which isn't a neo/g/ meme chaser, running it in a vm to post a screenfetch, void linux brainlet.

>Lightweight

Literally every distro claims to be lightweight... contra that what would be heavyweight, and why? Is there a distro that just, by default, uses more resources for no reason?

Also, why would anyone every pick CRUX over Slackware is beyond me

I am not the poster you were replying, but CRUX has some things better than Gentoo, but yeah some others are not in par. USE flags are the things that Gentoo has and is doing right.

>gentoo
>not a meme
pick one.

Just install CRUX and shut up!

>>Also, why would anyone every pick CRUX over Slackware is beyond me
Dependency resolution.

for brainlets like you there are many dependency resolvers. Also the '>>' is for linking posts, not for quoting. Adapting from reddit is quite a challenge, right?
>gentoo.org/inside-gentoo/sponsors/
>crux [dot] nu/sponsors
even the domain that meme distro uses gets flagged by Sup Forums. LMAOING@URLYFE!

Attached: gentoo-is-painfulbutuseful-9-638.jpg (638x479, 74K)

Slackware dependency resolution is a non-issue if you know how to use it.

The only time dependency hell comes up is if you try to strip down the install to a 'minimalist' build without knowing the distro well.

If you install the full build and use tools like sbotools or sbopkg then it's not an issue.

Slackware isn't a source based distro. It's binary distro with a source based community site (slackbuilds.org).

It became a bit of a meme after it got a thread dedicated to it on the minimalism general

Crux is a great distro. Ignore the Gentoo and Void faggots in this thread.
>B-but Gentoo is better 'cuz USE flags.
USE flags are a waste of time.

/thread

>using a source based distro
>global flags allowing you to tweak every single package you compile to suit your needs without editing any single package build
>waste of time
crux users everyone, falling for every meme. I wonder why google didn't choose crux for ChromeOS, they surely wanted to waste time.
still here spacing and /threading your posts? Go back to your "University job in Japan". Also u're a Void user yourself. What kind of mental issue you posses?

I think Gentoo has a definite niche with developers and hardcore tinkerers.

For an end-user desktop the cycles spent compiling are largely a waste of time for the gain it provides - not that people shouldn't use it for a desktop if they like it.

I'm a Slackware user and if it did not exist I'd probably use Gentoo or become a Void contributor (though xbps is kind of meh, imo).

>ChromeOS
I wouldn't get too smug about that. ChromeOS is literally a bigger piece of shit, security wise, than even Android.

Why

Are

You

So

Mad

user

?

>japan
>void user

I'm not a animeshitfag like you, you piece of shit.

yet you claim to live in japan and to use void linux, only when it's convenient to say so, ofc. Love it how you samefag/nosamefag for hours pretending I'm another redditor new to the site like you, but I'm not.
>why are you mad? Piece of shit!
what a cute one you are. No arguments and only insults, and I'm the mad one? You wish your brain could function like a normal human being, don't you? I feel sorry for you. :\

>you claim
>a fucking thousand anons on this shit site
>implying that everyone is the same person

You are a fucking retard or are you joking? Fuck off!

Attached: implying.jpg (263x200, 17K)

nice try mate, but I am not implying anything. Your writing patterns are pretty easy to spot. Even from this last post, you just confirmed what I assert. There are also other factors involved to justify my claim, like timestamps of the posts in those 2 different threads, and even more. Being a security analyst, this is just a little game, which is pretty funny desu.

Attached: 1520693057181.png (1366x768, 27K)

Crux is the inspiration for Arch.
I used it a lot, is really good and it has the ports packages system frequently used in BSD distros, a really nice touch that no other distro does it _well_.
It's pretty simplistic in it's nature and you can directly configure all your software in a really transparent way(JUST EDITING THE INSTALL SCRIPT).
It has a pretty 3L1T3 userbase so solving your own problems it's pretty much expected of you.
I just hopped to Ubuntu because it was what it came with my new machine.