He's using Linux on desktop workstation

>He's using Linux on desktop workstation

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_Linux?wprov=sfla1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_(operating_system))
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_AIX)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, and?

What a pleb would do that.
UNIX is for workstations. Linux is for servers and hobby computing.

What is this, the early 90's? Stop larping.

>He uses windows for anything

I feel warm that you care about what I use in my desktop workstation.

>I'm uneducated so everyone else must be larping

>He

the fun thing about this thread is that neither UNIX nor Linux are an operating system

sadly BSD does not take off in workstation market,but linux do have some market share in software dev workstations
>linux is not unix-like
>unix is not an operating system
then what is an operating system?

And...?

>linux is not unix-like
linux is broken unix

Unix (/ˈjuːnJks/; trademarked as UNIX) is a family of multitasking, multiuser computer operating systems

saying Unix is an OS is like saying group sex is solo sex

therefore it's stupid to compare a familly of OS with a fucking kernel

Unironically this is great drawing
It really captures the expression

This

>tfw you have to work with ms office formats(.docx,.pptx etc)that are purposefully broken on anything that is not ms office windows 10 version/office 365

Office 2016 on Windows 8.1 on VrtualBox on Xfce on Xorg on GNU/Linux doesn't have this problem

How do you even use Linux without GNU?

Pics or didn't happen

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine_Linux?wprov=sfla1

>therefore it's stupid to compare a familly of OS with a fucking kernel
>saying Unix is an OS is like saying group sex is solo sex
You see those lines connecting UNIX with things like Solaris? Those are UNIX OSes.
You see the other ones with no lines? Those are UNIX-like OSes.

Solaris is an UNIX operating system.
>Solaris is a Unix operating system (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solaris_(operating_system))
AIX is an UNIX operating system.
>AIX is a series of proprietary Unix operating systems (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_AIX)
The list goes on.

I can't imagine how hard it is for people to grasp what UNIX is.
Also, UNIX is an OS. Nothing you can do about it, the name given to the operating system developed at Bell was UNIX. UNIX is _NOT_ a kernel. UNIX can have different types of kernels even with different names.
Linux is a kernel, it's distributions are OSes with their own names, mostly based on GNU/Linux, the family of Linux OSes.

>I can't imagine how hard it is for people to grasp what UNIX is.
this is neo-Sup Forums we are talking about
not surprising at all

>implyng docx and pptx are locked down to m$ only and not following open standards

>mfw

>she cares what OS people work with while barely being competent with a computer herself

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1520454408356.jpg (1000x670, 138K)

Imagine having to do all this shit whem you could just click word in windows
Linux, everybody

Nice b8 OP

Samefag animeposter. Prove me wrong faggot.
>hurr durr anime website
Japanese =/= Anime. I watch anime too but for gods sake, at least know where to post it so you dont look like some kind of sperg. People like you give us all a bad name.