Previous bread: >>65037267

Previous bread: Sticky: Wiki: wiki.installgentoo.com
Search: ddg.gg/lite

Attached: 1504853537951.png (1280x720, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linux-audit.com/audit-and-harden-your-ssh-configuration/
amazon.co.uk/Denon-AVR-X2400H-Channel-Surround-Receiver/dp/B072LZMGHZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1520707587&sr=8-2&keywords=denon av receiver&dpID=41x2XGi21CL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
whathifi.com/dali/spektor-2/review
lifehacker.com/run-windows-on-your-mac-virtualbox-vs-vmware-fusion-vs-1750474360
bestbuy.com/site/samsung-860-evo-1tb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive-for-laptops/6178649.p?skuId=6178649
howtogeek.com/school/sysinternals-pro/lesson6/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just installed ubuntu server on a VM on my NAS. I have one problem though. How do I transfer a python script to it? Because the VM folder only has an .iso file in it

Attached: 2018-03-10_16-14-49.png (1307x543, 74K)

You SCP into the VM.

If you're using Windows, use FileZilla and point it at the IP of your VM at port 22 and login using the machine's user and pass.

If you're using Linux, use "scp ./script.py user@:~"

This assumes the VM is on your network. By default, if you've installed the VM through something like virt-manager or VMWare, it should be on a local network that only the host NAS and the VMs are on, as opposed to your home network.

In this case, you must copy the script from the NAS.

Is there any archive for Sup Forums? All the sites I visited are not working and all they do is show ads and probably trying to install niggerware on my pc.
I want something like rbt.asia but for Sup Forums... is that too much?

Is there any way to download all images from a Sup Forums thread to my android phone?

Say I downloaded the entire "The Office" and I want to now dl subtitles for all of the seasons so I won't have to fiddle with it when I'm watching the episodes. What's the best way to go about it? Couldn't find a single working script.

Doesn't allow me to connect

Attached: 2018-03-10_17-59-30.png (954x621, 99K)

Use a Sup Forums app like clover, dashchan or mimi

Give it to me straight, my flash drive in the trash has to go, right?

Attached: 2018-03-10 (1).png (1366x768, 1.64M)

How do I make good hacking tutorials and CTF walkthroughs

NVM figured out I had to install ssh on the VM. But how do I get the perms to create directories and copy over files?

Might need to open port 22 on the firewall, install OpenSSH server, and/or run OpenSSH server.

To open the firewall: sudo ufw allow ssh
To install OpenSSH server: sudo apt install openssh-server
To run OpenSSH server: sudo service start sshd

I would strongly recommend setting up Public Key Authentication and locking down the sshd config. Here's a guide: linux-audit.com/audit-and-harden-your-ssh-configuration/

You should already have the perms, as you're authenticating as a local user on the VM. Is it giving you a permissions error?

yeah I figured it out but thanks anyway

yup

Attached: 2018-03-10_18-14-42.png (1180x93, 32K)

I have alot of recorded footage that i need to trim down.
Is there a program that can scan a video file and make a note of when significant changes happen on the screen? Maybe take an image still with the file name the time and frame?

don't know about the specifics but you can compress files with a program called HandBrake

Oh not that.
I need to find in all the footage when the desktop windows change by accident(desktop recording) or when a live recording is interrupted(say someone else comes in to the video that needs to be edited out).
Im trying to find a way for a program to find these changes and then document them so i can go in and edit that out.

There is one, but I don't think it hosts images and everything is laid out completely retarded.

When people are using several programming languages to write an application, how do they actually run them all? I can't imagine they're just using system calls to run another binary or interpreter.

I use my PC around 6-8 hours a day. Should I leave it running 24/7 or put it to sleep?

Can I connect this speaker to this AV receiver? Is this a good setup? Do I need a subwoofer as well? .

AV Receiver: amazon.co.uk/Denon-AVR-X2400H-Channel-Surround-Receiver/dp/B072LZMGHZ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1520707587&sr=8-2&keywords=denon av receiver&dpID=41x2XGi21CL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Speaker: whathifi.com/dali/spektor-2/review

I used to leave mine running 24/7 for literally years. I only got rid of it because it was old. I did the same thing with my laptop when I got a popup saying my HDD was on its last legs, and was told that booting up is when a drive is most likely to die, so save for about a 5 or 6 times, had that running non-stop for about 3 years. I'm not sure how advisable it is, but I never had any problems with it.

What VM(s) do you user's use?

VMware, it has a better performance in my opinion

>no sqt in thread OP
Fuck yourself OP

Just in your opinion? What about in reality?

qemu for gpu passthrough
virtualbox for playing around with things in a sandbox

Still beter and faster than virtualbox. Lots of functionalities and no need to enable/disable anything from bios if you are using windows(hyper v)

Well I'm a macfag and can't speak for windows/linux users, but I chose VMware in it's day after reading this: lifehacker.com/run-windows-on-your-mac-virtualbox-vs-vmware-fusion-vs-1750474360

Thank you kindly for the responses.

Are RAT's honeypots for feds and botnets or are there some that are actually legit? I have an old laptop to fuck around in but am wondering if anybody can chime in with experience.

Are there any hardware TOTP tokens available somewhere? I'd really like something like that for use with Google, Amazon, Paypal etc. instead of some authenticator app on my smartphone or one of those YubiKeys that depend on USB(-OTG)/NFC support. Ideally it would work something like the Protectimus Slim, i.e small form factor (keyfob or check card), reprogrammable, with a small display. Unfortunately that one only supports a single service at once and I don't really want to buy one for every website I want to securely login to.

Attached: music.png (1919x1054, 2.05M)

you know how your phone stop playing music when you open a gif or webm somewhere? is there a way to prevent media streams from stopping? maybe an xposed module or something?

>only important port of the comparison (performance) is just a link to a different article
>"benchmark" in the other article involves a test build of VirtualBox configured to have a quarter of the available graphics memory as the other competitors
>guest additions not installed for VirtualBox
Wow what a benchmark

What is the best cheapest way to GPS track my girlfriend. Apps are out of the question because I can't get into her phone.

Attached: Screenshot_20180103-200537.jpg (1080x2220, 528K)

Just bought an SMSL 98e amplifier for my desktop, and it sounds good, but the power supply that came with it is kinda bunk (jack is crooked, there's the slightest bit of exposed wiring near said jack)
I want to get a different one, but I can't find one with the exact same power ratings as this one.

Input:100-240V
Output:36V 5.0A

I keep finding one's that are 3A or 4A, and I do not know what the difference is, or what could be affected.

Just bought an aio cooler that has a sata to 2-pin pcie adapter. Is it possible to use a 2pin pcie from the power supply instead of the adapter?

Attached: 1492056251206.jpg (900x1200, 244K)

>GPS track my girlfriend
Why though? Sounds retarded.

I would say to not worry about it since you dont actually have a gf

If you're having trust issues, and you can't have a conversation about them, it's best that you simply end the relationship.

I could tell you exactly how to do it, but being that way isn't healthy. Just like with trannies, I want you to get the help you need and not the help you think you want.

How do I get rid of the boarders around the icons in Firefox 58?

Attached: ff58.png (1271x451, 94K)

Using a cheap-ass USB splitter, but it keeps resetting itself every minute or so when plugged in (so things like DVD drives are useless through it).
Any popular ones I could look for?

In reality VMWare guest GPU is about 5~10 years ahead of VirtualBox.

How do I use testdisk to fix a hard drive?

Attached: tumblr_ofl45sWJMl1rfhfuco2_1280.jpg (719x1280, 213K)

>fix a hard drive
What exactly do you mean?

NTFS drive. Ubuntu won't mount it. ntfsfix says something about a missing ntfs signature. Testdisk can analyse the drive but idk what the next step is.

Attached: tumblr_omjylyvH0v1rfhfuco2_1280.jpg (720x1280, 202K)

What is a good image organizer that has/supports tags & filtering? Preferably linux/windows cross compatible

Hyrdus?

can I use any external SSD drive to do time machine backups for my MacBook?

was looking at this one

bestbuy.com/site/samsung-860-evo-1tb-internal-sata-solid-state-drive-for-laptops/6178649.p?skuId=6178649

I need one as fast as possible and best buy is right down the street from me

My mom got tricked into downloading malware from a popup pretending to be Microsoft and now her computer won't come on.
Is there anything I can do other than take it to the shop?
The model is Inspiron 15 5000 series if that helps any.

Attached: 6cf.jpg (575x523, 58K)

try booting linux from a usb

Besides MalwareBytes and WinPatrol, what else can I use to see if my PC has any sort of virus? My thread count under 'NT Kernel & System' is 270 on boot meanwhile my laptop's is 120-160, both Win7.

Attached: 1037836.jpg (640x480, 39K)

is it just me or is the /catalog/ not refreshing properly? I'm using Brave Browser btw.

Is there anything useful besides mining I can do with my PC when not using it?

Would a 3.5mm cable extension decrease audio quality?
Pic related.
I doubt it will matter since im using a Amazonbasics headset but im wondering if they do it theorically.

Attached: 51Hyzf9SLuL._SL1500_.jpg (1001x1001, 60K)

More wire means a bigger antenna to pick up signals. It won't be noticeable at all. I make 2+ meter extensions and don't notice anything.

Rent it out to render 3D.

howtogeek.com/school/sysinternals-pro/lesson6/

That for profit or to benefit humanity?

Up to you. I don't know of any services that let you rent out your own computer. Only ones that let you rent out someone else's render farm.

I want to host a minecraft server for some friends, any recomendations?

what do I do if my NTFS drive is detected on Linux but not on Windows? I need to use chkdsk to fix it

So if I have a Windows 7 install, I find the product key, uninstall it, then reinstall it, can I use the same key?

you might have to use an automated phone service to activate winblows again, but yes.

you don't really need to deactivate either, win7 allows multiple computers to use the licence at the same time usually. don't know if this applies to home keys.

Idle games

Attached: The happiest Curry.png (565x486, 461K)

Yeah, windows is fine with multiple installs for one key.

>Work in thrift store
>Find hard copies of W7 all with keys
>Neat, I need this
>Take home, install
>They're all 32bit

Attached: This seriously reminds me of a FUCKING PUZZLE.gif (400x246, 3.58M)

ProtonVPN or Bitmask vpn?

Attached: 1514907022600.jpg (343x354, 26K)

If I want to mine while I'm not using my computer, how do I do so to ensure the gpu won't get damaged? Set the temp limit to 60?

Is there a search engine that can somehow prioritize content by its relevancy instead of how well SEO was applied to it?

It's fucking infuriating to see articles so old that if it was a US citizen it could legally drive a car, while the information it presents stopped being relevant a decade ago. Limiting results in google to after a certain date is no solution, because I could miss better, older but still relevant results, so I want a search engine that can show relevant results regardless of their date.

Good foss sync utility? Looking at syncthing right now but would like opinions.

What's the best way to programmatically update my residential IP, which can change randomly? I have a domain with domain.com, and their API doesn't appear to expose anything relevant.

Attached: file.gif (320x240, 991K)