This is the worst produced album I've heard

This is the worst produced album I've heard

Other urls found in this thread:

oasis-recordinginfo.co.uk/?page_id=148
nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/prime-ministers-questions/n10974
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's good in the garage way
Bring It On Down showcases this and I think Married With Children is a beautiful closer

the fucking guitars sound so overproduced, fake and bad

in no way is the production in the vein of garage

and married with children is not beautiful

It's actually not. But you don't know anything about album production so I can't blame you for being confused.

>oasis fans

Hi Noel

I do enjoy an Oasis tune now and then but in all honesty that's irrelevant. You're talking about album production anyway so what does the quality of the band have to do with it?

Agreed with OP and I blame the band and the recording producer that were high in cocaine when mastering the album final moments. Its sad actually because it is a solid album but I just can't get through the extremely high distortion.

>For Gallagher, the driving force behind the band Oasis during the 1990s, the literary industry is bound up with issues of class, arguing that "people who write and read and review books are fucking putting themselves a tiny little bit above the rest of us who fucking make records and write pathetic little songs for a living."

why? because it's loud? stupid. it's very well produced. and the brickwalling suits the music perfectly, it gives it that edge. Oasis (at least back then) weren't there to sing softly into your ear. they were there to rock. simple

st. anger is a badly produced album, as an example

Leave this board and never come back

>Oasis (at least back then) weren't there to sing softly into your ear.
that's literally all they ever did

Shite band, shite music, the singer's an utter shite. This is their best album though.

>very well produced

Get a load at this oasis fanboy.

Musically is the album good? Absolutely but to call this album 'well produced', you must be high in cocaine too faggot.

That's ribena in that glass, not red wine. I do know this.

Great album

>makes thread about album production
>nobody in thread comments on the production

Fucking idiots. You probably don't even know about album production entails. There's more to quality production than how red a song file gets when you open it in audacity.

>>very well produced
>Get a load at this oasis fanboy.
Wouldn't that make him a fanboy of the producer?

it did it's job. production is an art to itself and complements the music. getting the most 'audiophile' sound (i.e RATM S/T) doesn't always mean it suits the music well. in this case the more louder production did it's job. it was one of the first brickwalled albums ever. it probably owes a decent amount of its success down to that alone

I thought the production was shocking and very one dimensional

After a few years distance you can see that the producer was 100 percent right. Those songs and that arrogant attitude needed a completely overblown sound.

Musically this albums sucks balls when it comes to originality

>cranked Marshalls
>ibanez tube screamers
>overproduced and fake

Have you ever played guitar?

>implying that doesn't make Noel Gallagher's les paul sound obnoxious as fuck

Have you ever played guitar on anything that isn't buttrock?

Obnoxious is exactly what they were going for. If you think obnoxious = bad then you should stop listening to guitar heavy Rock m8.

>oasis
>buttrock
We're talking about brit-pop not post fucking grunge you twat. Also I don't have to play 90s rawk to know what a marshall amp turned to 10 sounds like.

>I should stop listening to "guitar heavy rock" because I don't like obnoxious fake guitar production
How come other guitar bands like, for example Sonic Youth don't sound as bad?
Oasis is basically the British equivalent of post-grunge

I kind of agree but then again I couldn't name anything that quite sounds like this album released before it.

Beatles-y melodies and song structures with overblown 90s Rock distortion as well as a slight Punk influence. Nah.

>Teenage Fanclub
who also did it better

Can you please point out which songs sound like the Beatles on Definitely Maybe?

Teenage fanclub were on their record label. When listening to oasis all you can here is what they stole from creation records (best record label of the 90's)

>fake guitar production
Once again, it's not fake you dumbass. That's what a fucking amplifier sounds like when it's turned up and not being filtered through a fuckload of pedals.

And yeah if you have a problem with music sounding obnoxious you should probably stop being a baby and go listen to Frank Sinatra or something

Is this a meme thread? Isn't this album held in high regard as far as production goes? It souns fucking huge.

>stop being a baby and go listen to Frank Sinatra or something
LMAO
How bad is your taste?

Didn't they rerecord this record several times?

Up In The Sky is literally a rip-off of Tomorrow Never Knows

And it still sounded shit after that

Well considering you complain about bands being "obnoxious" but then cite Sonic Youth as an example of a good band I have to assume you don't know what the fuck you're on about so I redirect you to "babby's first musical artist" ol Frank Sinatra.

And yes you sound like a baby complaining about loud guitars sounding obnoxious when you're supposedly a fan of Rock music.

I knew petulant children listened to Oasis but I could never actually imagine them being this bad.

Enjoy your "huge sounding" guitars, and vapid stolen pop songs

lmao

>"babby's first musical artist" ol Frank Sinatra.
are you serious

like did you actually type that with complete sincerity and not laugh

Oasis were karaoke chav version of The Beatles and Slade

>stop being a baby and go listen to Frank Sinatra or something

Oasis fans ruined music.

I wouldn't call Oasis pure shit but I don't really care for them. But when I see idiots talking about album production I'm going to see if they actually know what they're talking about. What a surprise when this thread is literally full of idiots who have probably hardly researched anything regarding production let alone ever stepped foot in a studio.

It isn't about what I enjoy, it's just that you're wrong. The guitars don't sound fake or overproduced and yet you keep throwing "oasis sucks!" back as a retort because you can't differntiate between the music or the production.

Oasis sucks!

Fuck off, Montie.

So you honestly think that Definitely Maybe and Be Here Now have good production?

>le montie meme
kill yourself. did your mum dress you this morning? because you certainly can't think for yourself

go away montie you listen to oasis

>getting this angry over a sique meme
Oasis fans are sensitive as fuck lmao

theyre just sad that they realised that oasis were nothing more than music for fat middle aged stuck in the 90s chavs to passively listen to when theyre in a car with the window open

oasis-recordinginfo.co.uk/?page_id=148

just have a read "mr. producer man"

hipster douche detected

LE ANYONE WHO HATES MY EPIN MAINSTREAM SHITTY BAND IS A HIPSTER MEME HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
LITERALLY THE PINNACLE OF COMEDY XDDDDDDDD

Member of the cult of oasis

>Musically is the album good? Absolutely
Top cringe

Oasis are one band whose fans should just leave Sup Forums.

They should leave earth

FUCK OASIS

anybody that likes anything brit-pop related should kill themselves

britpop is cancer. oasis are trash. blur are even worse.

What? The production is ok. If you think it's overproduced, don't listen to any British albums, ever.

Let's be real here guys, enought with the memes and trolling, please. Oasis is literally the greatest band of all time. If you can find me a better song than 'Champagne Supernova' or a better album than 'Definitely Maybe' I would like to hear it because it must be truly incredible. But the thing is, such things don't exist because music in the human race peaked with Oasis. Never again will we experience such an awesome, incredible band that writes anthems for every person on earth.

Now, if you don't like Oasis, I suggest you get the fuck out of Sup Forums, slit your wrists and re-evaluate your life.

>This is the worst album I've herad
couldn't have put it better myself

>all the yanks itt

the 'muricans here that are hating on britpop are far worse than the fans

Fuck off

delete this post or sal will send dildos and pizzas to your parents house

this

If you think that's the worst-produced album ever, you've never heard one done by Rick Rubin.

>implying that only americans hate britpop

Champagne Supernova has to be one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Well, scratch that. It's not as bad as Pilot - Magic or Five For Fighting - 100 years

The best part is how he thinks this is Sup Forums and there's flags so he can see what nationalities are shitting on Britpop.

magic is an amazing song kill yourslef

I'm pretty sure Britbongs hate the shit far more than we ever could because they had that shit bashed into their skulls every waking moment from 1994 to 2000.

That's because you're David Paton's nephew.

The only people that like britpop are chavs or Americans

Anybody else fucking hates the shit

David Paton is a brilliant pop writer and person leave him alone

I bet you hate Mr. Blue Sky too you heathen

It's the falsetto, isn't it?

Pulp is the only britpop band worth listening to

Different class is the only truly great britpop album

pulp is dogshite

Go Let It Out has a good melody if you ignore Noel's butthurt Labourcore lyrics.

nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/prime-ministers-questions/n10974

Beatles ripoff

>implying Radiohead's ironic britpop phase wasn't God-tier

I agree OP, horrid production for 90% of the album

the best Brit Pop band was Supergrass

i wonder if it was all intentional, like, Thom and the gang knew they would get signed if they released a brit pop / rock album (Pablo Honey) then slowly evolved into the alt rock sound they actually were aiming for (The Bends -> OK Computer -> Kid A) so that no-one would notice and they'd still have a record deal?

lol

What a dumb fucking thought, why is Sup Forums filled with so many retarded tripfags?

Thom Yorke himself said that he hated High and Dry as he performed it. There's clearly something to the notion that they did music to appease record companies initially, then become more confident over time. I don't think it was planned, but it's not a ridiculous notion.

>le radiohead genius meme

kill yourself

>enought with the memes and trolling, please.

you are but tiny baby man of bad production

here is truly bad production. Where'd the horns go?