Leak maam

leak maam

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Wi3Rg_GXXk
setlist.fm/setlist/swans/2013/westgate-entertainment-centre-and-grand-star-reception-melbourne-australia-13db35f1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hey

now

%69

>nu-nu-nu-nu-young god records
What did they mean by this? Describe themselves?

>nununu
Is this nu like in nu-metal?

srsly?

I'm able to see these guys in October, you guys think I should go? I like em but yknow the whole volume thing

yeah, just get some good earphones to protect your ears. You should really get a pair anyway if you like going to concerts

Do they always play at like 300db or is that just a one off thing?

Give me a break Swans take 2 years to make something.

You think the appendages connect in a certain way to form another image?

First of all, there are louder bands. MBV plays louder for example.
Second, yes they do play loud and you should wear earplugs but you should be fine.

They're not even that loud. Don't be such a fucking pussy

Sunn O))) plays like twice as loud. You'll be fine faggot

tinnitus fag here, do use ear protection for ALL concerts you attend.

>tfw feel when they will never gonna play on your country

If MBV play louder than why do people constantly brag about how loud Swans is?

MBV is a wall of hazy sound, after time you get used to it. Swans are very punchy and you feel every bass or drum hit in your stomach. Plus Christoph's lap steel is amped like a monster.

MBV is louder but Swans live shows are mixed perfectly. If you're adjacent to the center of the stage, you hear every sound in it's full form.

But be careful about being too far to the left or right. The first time I saw them, I was right in front of Norman. I could barely hear Michael or anybody else every time Norman played a chord. But it was still a great show.

Second time I saw them I was right in front of Gira.

Both times I went my gf got really bad vertigo lolol. The bass is so fucking intense, it's like the whole venue starts vibrating. You feel it in your chest and in your stomach. It's like going 500 mph on a bumpy road.

There were times where one of the members would make a sound that sticks out from the rest of the wall of noise. Thor would play an octave on that violin type instrument he uses and it would pierce through all the other sounds, and the rest of the band just looked at him like "that was fucking good Thor."

Or Norman would sometimes switch off from playing a simple rhythm of two clean notes, step on his DS-1, and release a huge sustaining guitar wail. Michael would just turn his head and smile at him.

I love watching this band play live. There's nothing else like it. You can tell how seriously they take their work. The intro for the last tour perfectly sets the tone for the rest of the night. It's like the calm before the storm.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Wi3Rg_GXXk

with grammar like that, maybe you deserve it!!

jk man im sorry they put on a good show

>with grammar like that, maybe you deserve it!!

So youve seem em twice right? What kind of set should I expect?

this is pretty much exactly how i feel about them live, saw them in 2013 and honestly think ill never forget it. Everything works, the setlists are always really well put together and you can really tell that they care a hell of a lot about their performances.

At one point during coward gira started spitting in the air and some of it hit Hahn and he just got mad and went apeshit on his lap steel.

id absolutely recommend trying to see them live, because I dont know how much longer they will be performing.

when I saw them (2013) it was all stuff from the seer with coward in the middle. It was really great to see coward live, considering I thought they were just playing the seer material.

setlist.fm/setlist/swans/2013/westgate-entertainment-centre-and-grand-star-reception-melbourne-australia-13db35f1.html

so i would say that if you see them now it will pretty much all be material from the glowing man.

maybe one song from TBK or something but yeah...

Not sure what you should expect since this is a new tour coming up. Both times I saw them were during the last tour. One show in CT, one in RI.

I really have no idea what the next sets are going to be like. When I saw them they played mostly new songs. Frankie M was the opener, they played Just a Little Boy, Apostate, Little God, Glowing Man, Cloud of Unknowing, Oxygen, and I think one or two more. The show went on for 2hrs40minutes. Bring comfortable shoes, know where the bathroom is (go before the show starts), bring earplugs. Don't be a dummy. You don't have to wear them throughout the whole show, but you'll be glad you have them. I didn't wear them for the first few songs or the opener (Jamie Stewart of Xiu Xiu did a 30 minute long harsh noise piece. Second show Xylouris White opened, they're amazing. Check them out.)

Don't expect any old songs, especially pre-2012 Swans. They played Coward and a few older songs back in 2010-12, but don't ever play old songs anymore.

I'm hoping for some TBK stuff (my fave) but I know its gonna be mostly if not all TGM. I also really liked Soundtracks for the Blind, so it sucks that there's probably no chance of that stuff.

yeah pretty much 0 chance of SFTB.

The last time they played The Sound(arguably the most well known SFTB song) live was in 97.

They posted Blood Promise from Swans Are Dead on their facebook page, I'm hoping they play it at some point

Gira's been playing that and some other soft oldies in his solo tour. I doubt they would play it, considering their style is drastically different from what it was. Besides, if they were gonna play a softer song, I'd rather they went with Kristen Supine or something from Soundtracks.

Is it actually possible for your ears to bleed? My friend said they saw it happen at a Swans show

Nah. I mean, it probably depends on how beta your ears are, but half the people at the show don't wear protection at all. They like the raw sound. [spoiler]Be like us.[/spoiler]

I keep hearing stories about people's ears bleeding at Lightning Bolt concerts, which is also scary cus I might see them in august

Maybe like bring earplugs in case u need em, but don't put them in unless you need to? I saw lightning bolt about a year ago in cleveland and i really needed earplugs.

you say that as if people go to sunn o))) concerts without earplugs

Seen em both.

Mbv was not that lound until the end when they did the wall of sound. Then it was unbearable. Swans was just really fucking loud the whole time, really loud bass and drums.

Sunn O))) was louder than both of them though. It was really trippy though because I could take out my earplugs and it didnt even hurt my hears. Me and my girlfriend could even hear eachother talking at pretty normal volumes. It was one of my favorite shows even though I'm not that into their studio stuff

I'm aware of how guerilla their live shows are, that's why it's more of a concern.

hm they weren't that loud when i saw them. the harshness of brains vocals were only texture wise the more grating sound