/noise/

Can't be arsed to make and/or participate in these anymore. It is what it is. Here's one for the road.

youtube.com/watch?v=3PmRecixFGo
youtube.com/watch?v=IyXp1juKKl8
youtube.com/watch?v=r8IG-G8-iWw
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ganc4_OWgs
youtube.com/watch?v=lzRr8EZXXz0
youtube.com/watch?v=D2z78BWTZ88
youtube.com/watch?v=8FJFRwYjq9E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GdRv63HNFVs
youtube.com/watch?v=I2w7C-RkX-c
clyp.it/41z13siw
youtube.com/watch?v=cNPijffBu-k
pastebin.com/PhhV6eSx
youtube.com/watch?v=eSLIxpG2dTs
pastebin.com/UaCR81TB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I feel kind of the same, but I don't really know where else I can go.

Forgot how good his early shows actually were: youtube.com/watch?v=GdRv63HNFVs

That recent one in a gallery (Screamscape?) that has been making rounds was awesome too.

Have a rare Fernow electrocution, too (0:47)
youtube.com/watch?v=I2w7C-RkX-c

faggot avant-teens

clyp.it/41z13siw

here's some power electronics ive been working on

>but I don't really know where else I can go.

the freak animal forum's pretty good, innit?

this is my favorite shirtless feedback-era prurient vid, in spite(or maybe because?) of how grainy and fucked up the video quality is
total possession. not to mention rrron spazzing out in the back.

youtube.com/watch?v=cNPijffBu-k

What killed /noise/?

Lack of content, elitists, anti-bandcamp shitposters, shitty project spamming with no words about anything except "harsh noise" or "check this out", no actual discussion about anything

Me

Unrealistic expectations

Lack of shares

Can we talk about The Haters and The New Blockaders? I recently started checking them out, despite them being such huge names. In The Shade Of Fire was great. I love their approach to their work and the processes behind it. The whole acousmatic listening thing is fascinating.

This.

Laziness, an insufficient amount of knowledgeable posters, a way too rapid turnover rate of posters, an overabundance of people whose only interaction with these threads was spamming of their (usually but not always, credit where credit is due, there's been a few genuinely great bedroom producers who posted their stuff here) utterly incompetent and aimless recordings and an unfortunate amount of bickering and melodrama.

And yeah, probably also This isn't true by any stretch of the imagination.

live

I'm familiar with The New Blockaders but i only recently started to check out the Haters listening to some GX tracks on a comp.

Yes it is, shares keep the threads alive. The rest of the discussion is usually crappy when it isn't focused on particular good projects.

iirc /noise/ was never really the busiest general. The genre itself is a pretty infamous niche, but at least you're still going at it. That's what it's about at the end of the day.

post the fucking pastebin
pastebin.com/PhhV6eSx

/noise/ is good to share in but this isnt a share thread. It shouldnt be the main priority, because I know when i share music, its still not going to improve anything about this general. Its a nice way to make others happy, & even then, theres no guarantee many will listen to that share.
Lets just get back to discussing shit & not turn into /metal/ or worse.

Decided to finally order pic related & the Japanoise book. I couldn't make myself to read the digital versions on this phonen, so I hope having the paperbacks will make it easier. Dunno if anyone's read either of them, but if yall have, can yall comment on the quality of either?

>shares keep the threads alive.

There's been plenty of shares in /noise/ of plenty of varied artists(thanks for all that, by the way). Aside from that, like every thread gets started with a bunch of Youtube links to a bunch of different shit in the OP that anyone can look further into or mentions of new recently released or upcoming releases(thanks for all that too), and yet 99% of that never gets talked about.

There's a number of people here who are perfectly happy to (and regularly do) recommend people record labels or artists or albums beyond the entry level, and yet none of that ever gets talked about either. Anyone who would bother to pay attention to these threads in the last couple of months alone would have been exposed to a large amount of different directions to explore, and yet /noise/ is the way it is, with one bunch of people leaving, another bunch of people asking "what killed /noise/?" and another bunch of people asking "what's the appeal of noise? how do you tell when noise is good or bad?" for the millionth fucking time.

>"what killed /noise/?" and another bunch of people asking "what's the appeal of noise? how do you tell when noise is good or bad?
This is just intentional shitposting

>this isnt a share thread.
Kinda wish it was desu

Dude, The New Blockaders are one of my favorite artists in noise. I got into them by learning that Blue Sabbath Black Cheer were working with them several times (at least as Nihilist Assault Group or via collaboration) and they also often use source material by TNB for their harsh noise which made me curious.
I know it's a dead phrase but TNB pretty much nail it for me in regards of "textures" and in combination of their anti-music aesthetic which I guess can easily be seen as pretentiousness they just do it for me. I don't crave any sexual or horrendous imagery but like to focus on the music and that's what I'm appreciating.

> I got into them by learning that Blue Sabbath Black Cheer were working with them several times (at least as Nihilist Assault Group or via collaboration) and they also often use source material by TNB for their harsh noise which made me curious.

Hah, this sounds quite similar in a way to how I got into TNB: by discovering that Aaron Dilloway made an album built entirely around the use of Blockaders' source sounds.
Still one of my favorite Dillo recordings.

As far as Blockaders go, Live At Hinoeuma is my favorite. There's always new shit to hear on that album.

they must have been pretty wild live, my favorite release by them is also a live recording (Das Zerstoren, Zum Gebahren)

>Kinda wish it was desu
then start sharing or at least request something with a short explanation why you're interested in it

Anybody got any local noise fests by them?

I'm from Iowa and we got Zeitgeist happening again this August in Des Moines.

I'm pretty excited senpai

Tesco-related fests are always nuts. Did you attend Heavy Electronics last year?

Nah, it's my first noise festival at all. Who was playing at HE?

>Grim
>Ramleh
holy shit I wish I was in Germany god damn

jelly of dat Grim

he will release his new album "Orgasm" there, hope I'll have enough money on me

What is this?

>Who was playing at HE?

Alfarmania, Ke/Hil, Prurient, Pain Nail, Trepaneringsritualen, Brighter Death Now, a bunch of other acts, plus a Genocide Organ/Prurient collaborative set which lead into a solo Genocide Organ set(both of which were unannounced surprise performances).

youtube.com/watch?v=eSLIxpG2dTs

>he will release his new album "Orgasm"
aww sheeeit

A band Dom Fernow, Jeff Plummer and some other guy were in back when they were RISD students. Never recorded anything as far as I know, solely a live act. Or at least they never released any recordings.

I wish I wasn't broke back then, maybe I would have considered going. Actually I'm still fucking broke but I just couldn't miss another fest with such acts. That GO/P-collab sounds sick but I guess I'll settle with Ke/Hil, which I do like tho, this time.

It might help if we start working on a chart or try complete one we already started? Or we might post charts of our favorite noise like in some /charts/-thread?

I'm gonna see Sissy Spacek, it'll be my first noise show. What do I do, what's the etiquette

Aren't they on the grind-/noise-core spectrum of noise? Expect some overly ambitious mosh pits.

Same as any other sort of live performance. Watch the set, raid the merch table, talk to the band if they stick around after the gig.

Depends on the set/lineup/mode of operation the band is in at the time.
Sometimes they do grind/noisecore, sometimes the do straight up harsh noise, something they do weird musique concrete sort of shit.

yep i do that sometimes but i don't like requesting stuff too much because i think it bothers people

i'll do a pastebin with all my shares later and post here

embarrassing

Can somebody give me further recs for Taint? I thought Misogynist Lust was okay and rn I'm listening to Sex Sick which incorporates too much samples for my liking and has this harsh-rises-in-volume effect I can't stand.

electrocution means execution by electricity

pastebin.com/UaCR81TB

I've been hesitant about posting this here because of how these threads have been the last few months, but I've finished a debut release for a project I've been working on tracks and conceptual stuff for for a couple of years if anyone is interested and would like to check it out. I've had some playback trouble on Firefox, which is apparently a common problem, so you might have to turn the volume up if you're playing within bandcamp.

silvesterzebulonnecrophagus.bandcamp.com

I really don't think requests are much of a problem here at all, and I've never really seen anyone actually complain about them. I just think more discussion in general would benefit these threads more than just sharing, as cool as that can be.