youtube.com/watch?v=0IM8O54Rj0w
youtube.com/watch?v=dAWQxi8NSO4
youtube.com/watch?v=ntu-poC2FOI
youtube.com/watch?v=6bcuBPyByuc
youtube.com/watch?v=z4brqp2Y0Fc
youtube.com/watch?v=4Db6LBlrZmM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Crossfaith is unironically the best band for JUMPDAFUCKUP

what's the muscial equivalent to the souls series?

I can't wait for NBBMN, these threads are fucking shit and I've come to realize that the black and death metal posters are literally the only halfway decent /metal/ posters.
Why is NBBMN always so active while any attempts at setting up a black metal general fail?

i get doom metal vibes from it

you couldn't be more wrong during nbbmn we had great threads, things started going to shit in december

Sup Forums started going to shit in December.

funny, that's not how I remember it. Sure, /nbbmn/ started to get bored after two and a half weeks, but every time I visited /metal/ during that time it was full-on turbo shitpost.

new ERRA is comfy as fuck

Anyone's going?

fuck off dmsharecuck

has anyone else listened to this? thoughts?

These threads were even more abysmal than usual during last November, actually. All actual discussion migrated to NBBMN, the main /metal/ was nothing but memes and shitposting.

DUDE CTHULHU LMAO

>tfw someone thinks you're a tripfag

metal for this feel?

that's not true though, the shitposting was largely ignored and we had good discussions about metal of all kinds including black metal

I guess we somehow kept seeing different threads then.

sumeriancore

you called?

my 4chanx shit is blinking for some reason. Metal for this feel?

souls is too fast paced for straight doom but the funeral doom/death doom aesthetic is really good

maybe some more midpaced death doom along the lines of autopsy. growled vocals are a must (half the skellies sound like DM vocals anyways), mostly midtempo slightly downtuned riffs with occasional higher guitar melodies fit the combat i think

Post 10/10 metal clothes you would wear

RIP, thread.

>dark souls
>fast paced

well that doesn't seem very tolerant

I actually own this.

That shirt is so retarded and reeks of buttblast it's unbelievable, also municipal waste is a terrible fucking band

>white shirt
that's honestly the most disgusting thing about it

And this too

who's a bigger trendhopper, cavalera or flynn?

This is true. We were all talking and enjoying black metal while everyone here was shitposting Slipknot lyrics.

Actually white shirts are the most /metal/ you may get. Most of metal shirts which were available during 80s were white.

>everyone

fuck off tripfag it was 1-2 faggots samefagging

/metal/ was really great during /nbbmn/

I made vaporblack out of Varg's youtube tutorials
www103.zippyshare.com/v/yYpLUXFd/file.html

Did I do good?

you're retarded, just check the fucking archive you dumb faggot

not fast paced exactly but there's a sense of urgency that comes along with the extremely tight timing thats required for the combat.

even though its not actually fast paced it feels fast paced in the moment if that makes any sense

nice cherrypicking

I get triggered more and more everytime this picture is used, this was literally the first thread after nbbmn started, and there were still atleast half of the blackfags in the thread

thoughts on this?

>first thread after /nbbmn/ started and /metal/ immediately goes to shit

I'd probably say Flynn was the bigger trend-hopper as he was really blatant with his style changes in regards to popularity, you could argue Max was naturally progressing towards to the "tribal" nu shit due to his interest in spirituality and marriage to Gloria, and right now, judging from his last few albums, he's stopped giving a shit to whatever is trendy these days.

I have more respect for Flynn as a performer however, just cause he's aged a lot more gracefully than Cavalera, still plays the guitar well and his band are still a force to be reckoned with when playing live.

Cavalera sadly looks really unwell and hasn't played guitar properly on stage for about 10 or so years now.

Good record. Sad to see them go.

I kinda want this shirt cause I think its funny. I don't even drink or anything.

It was shit before that you fucking idiot, and with the giant meme that nbbmn is itself, it had a shitposting storm

that was just one day. You really could have made at least 20 of those throughout the month.

this is just blackened drone metal with a heavy dose of digital noise

Kill yourself mongoloid

Let's discuss tragic missteps.

Remember when technical prog/death band Sadist made a misguided leap into nu-metal?

youtube.com/watch?v=QwCdLKJLQ1Q

>"Listen if you like the sick image of Coal Chamber or Slipknot."

when are you guys going to suck it up and realise that shitposting and memes are just a part of Sup Forums. always have been and always will be. if you're looking for musical discussion on a site like this it's not going to happen.

the digital noise is accidental, anything high-qulity results in glitches once uploaded somehow.

>drone
is it because I used one of SUNN's favorite chord progressions?

>Let's discuss tragic missteps.
youtube.com/watch?v=mI2dxU6yUI0

nah i mean noise as in the genre
the "wabwabwab" in the background of the first heavy part. unless that was analog in which case that's sick, how did you do it?

fair enough

I would bet money that the next machine head album will have djent influences

Lol yeah this was a serious what the fuck moment in their career but I sorta like this song don't hurt me

The syncopation in 1:32 is rly good

I'd quite like to see that, I think they already had a djenty (well, low-low-tuned) song on the last album

>first there is weebgrind and weebslam

>now there is atmoeshit

youtube.com/watch?v=0IM8O54Rj0w
youtube.com/watch?v=dAWQxi8NSO4

Nah it's just mp3 compression.

Should I add some samples to make it more a e s t h e t i c?
Cause I'm drawing inspo from some old spooky OVAs and if it's not evocative of that atmosphere it's a bummer.

wait is this just various burzum songs slowed down a ton? in that case the wabwabwab might just be varg tremolo picking a low note

still sounds like blackened drone

Nah, there's plenty of musical discussion. There just happens to be plenty of shitposting and memes, too. "Lol it's 4chins, bro" doesn't really excuse it. You're still a shitposter.

No, I just sampled single notes from one of his acoustic tutorials, looped or stretched them depending on the riffs and added beats and effects.

ok i get it now

definitely add samples of varg talking about norse mythology or some shit over the quieter parts

and slow down his voice by like 10-20% so its weird but totally understandable

or you could go full Burial and try to actually make a melody out of the samples idk

I tried making a riff in the last segment. Not too sure about it.

I'll definitely add some voice samples, thanks for the advice.

original or remastered version?

i meant a melody out of the vocal samples
have you ever listened to Untrue? i know its le Sup Forumscore meme but its pretty good and there are some really interesting things that he does with autotuning vocal samples to make a melody over drony synths.

that's more what i was thinking

>trying to have a serious metalcore discussion in /metal/

you new here?

That sounds interesting, I'll check it out.

>Tfw you'll never live in the early 80's to early 90's, traveling all over the globe to see the very best thrash, heavy, power, black, and death metal acts live while they were at their prime
Metal for this feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=ntu-poC2FOI

i really want to hit this man

His solos are too dank for me to hate him

what's the best titanium of all time?

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is probably what most of /metal/ looks like.

What even are these riffs

youtube.com/watch?v=6bcuBPyByuc

post annoying shit that metal bands do

>techdeath album longer than 40 minutes
>symphonic black metal

What's wrong with symphonic black metal?

tin can snare

>atmoblack
>postblack
>grind album longer than 20 mins

>digital production

pleb

they're pretty wonderfully wanky

very rarely is it done well, most of the time it sounds garish and corny as fuck

Shitty production

Oranssi Pazuzu

youtube.com/watch?v=z4brqp2Y0Fc

they all look like David Bowie's evil twin

Eat a dick fag

>giving the metal horns at any oppurtunity they get

>1989
>those hairstyles
>that intro riff
what the fuck
80s japan was dank as fuck

>grind songs longer than a minute

how does it feel to be the most annoying trip even compared to cuckshareguy

false fuck off

actually kill yourself, dumb frogposter

tin can kick drum

tin can snare is great though fuck off

stfu

so you're saying you don't find it insufferable?

>forgetting that the best grind song ever is 3 minutes long

youtube.com/watch?v=4Db6LBlrZmM

>star spangled banner lick in the outro solo
B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Ah yes I see you're a true connoisseur like me, such primitive vulgarity in metal is so obsolete and antiquated, I can only enjoy my metal clean, refined, and elegant.