G5 plus?? Share thoughts and own daily phones

Thoughts on this phone? Trying to get it for my gf she doesn't care about really high end phones as she always drops them, I myself have an HTC m9 fucking got memed with this phone

Attached: images.jpg (399x369, 25K)

It's good. Main camera is shitty tho.

She has the g2 so anything will be an upgrade I suppose

Well, I had an s4 mini and camera was a big downgrade. Other than that it's a good phone, has never let me down.

(will eventually glitch so you can't swipe things up/down, but you just gott a lock and unlock to fix)

From my research it's one of the top budget phones not too expensive and pretty good besides the cámara I guess, how long have yuu had it and why does it glitch?

This is the slipperiest phone I've ever used. She is going to break it without a case.

I've had it since new year, so not much time. I have no clue on what causes the glitch/bug, but it always happens while using WhatsApp.
It has never fallen on me, and I dropped that s4 mini 100+ times. But yeah, buy a case... just in case.

It's a good phone. Sent me the wrong colour though, bastards.

I've dropped my m9 dozens of times and the gorilla glass has held only issue is water damage causing double image can I expect the same quality on it? It's also water proof isn't it?

Couldn't you change it?

I unlocked the bootloader before I noticed, and I'm pretty sure that voids the warranty so I don't think they would take it back.

theoretically g5 plus is a good phone, but lenovo fucked up

also moto g5 is VERY fragile.

I didn't realize gorilla glass was that tough. Maybe she won't break it then.

Has yours broken?

I've literally dropped it screen first on concrete and it doesn't have a single scratch however since it's a metal body thats been chipped away at its edges and does scratch at least htc got that right

Damn I'll definitely get a case then she's so fucking clumsy her g2 is so damaged

>she always drops them
how hard is it to hold a fucking phone

Attached: 6cf.png (858x725, 361K)

I drop mine too, user accidents happen

It’s alright. You won’t confuse it with a flagship. It’s reasonably fast but scrolling in Chrome is noticeably laggy compared to my Nexus 5x. I’d suggest spending more money on something better.

Attached: 28623F8C-C12F-4A87-BC39-7D02042C51D3.jpg (3264x2448, 1.05M)

Well the idea was a budget phone and that one seemed the best

Get her a case with it so she doesn't drop it lol or one of those popsocket things, thots love those

I knew it was chinkshit and therefore had to have a serious flaw, thanks for letting me know.

It's pretty alright. Good battery life, nice screen, will handle pretty much anything you throw at it (except for possibly some very resource-hungry games, though I have no experience with that). One more thing about the camera: sometimes it fails to start and you have to restart the app multiple times until it works.

It's totally sufficient for my use case (primarily research on the go and messaging friends) and I see no reason to spend more, unless I wanted to brag about features or get a better camera. It's also relatively pure Android, if that matters.

NO UPDATES

I thought in a few months it would get oreo what do you mean no updates? And it currently has nouget doesn't it?

Hell I might buy two and switch from my m9 then

Might be mixing up this with G5 (no plus), but I think it will have only 'save contacts to google account'. No save to sim or save to phone.

Just looked it up apparently its by default its part of the stock if you want to save to other places you need an app, thanks for the info

>she doesn't care about really high end phones
marry her

i have one, pretty good, but if i'd to buy today, i'll go with g5s+

It launched with Nougat. Oreo was supposed to have been released by now, but Lenovo keeps pushing it. I'm sure the update is just going to appear out of nowhere someday this year.

How does this phone compare to the X4 in terms of battery life?

Got a Moto E4 Plus because it was cheaper and don't care about "flagship" features. Owned a E2 so it seemed like a logical upgrade
Still regretting the purchase, stock OS is buggier than one built by a 12yr old Pajeet and has hardware bugs like music cuts off if the phone is in your pocket bcs of the fingerprint sensor, among other things.
Is the G5+ THAT better? How bad did I fuck up?

Any major diferences between de plus and plus S?

I have the g5. Seems fragile, tho I never drop it.

It's slow as fuck tho and I don't even use it for gaming or anything other that spyapps like Instagram, Twitter etc.

Camera is shit too.

Should have bought the g5 plus?

I think I shouldve avoid the Moto alltogether

Go for it the phone has great battery life that lasts me all day. The phone also performs well and keep in mind I don't play mobile games.

Attached: Screenshot_20180311-124520.png (1080x1920, 99K)

The error stopped happening when I flashed a custom ROM with some kernel I found on XDA.

Great phone. I get 12+ hours screen on time when doing shit like streaming Netflix, hbo go, etc. The only issue I have is that no custom ROMs can get the camera working properly so you're stuck with stock if you care about taking pictures. Fortunately there are ways to fix the over-sharpening the stock rom does, and professional mode in the Moto camera allows adjustment of ISO and shutter speed, so the camera isn't bad at all. People that say otherwise just don't know how to make the adjustments themselves to take good pictures. I've had it for about six months now and I'm still absolutely content with it.

Now, to clarify: I'm a macfag and I've been using iPhones ever since the very first iPhone released and I bought my G5+ to be a kodi remote and for screencasting to my TV from YouTube, etc because I was able to pick it up for $75 unlocked. After two days of playing with it, my iPhone SE became the kodi remote and the G5+ became my daily phone. So yeah, it's THAT good that I stopped using an iPhone for it.

>Moto E4 Plus
>32GB
>5000mAh battery
>720p screen

>Moto G5/G5S Plus
>Doesn't really matter which you choose to buy
>Both rocking 3000mAh battery
>Both rocking 1080p screens
>Moto G5 Plus 32GB runs $229.99
>Moto G5S Plus 32GB runs $279.99

How are the fucking kike scam artists getting away these fucking ripoffs?

Attached: 1379520196139.png (368x447, 385K)

I'm a clumsy fuck and I've dropped my G5+ a bunch of times and it's still fine. Are you sure you're not confusing the G5 and the G5+? Or even the G5S+? The G5+ is a lot more sturdy and durable than I expected out of a sub-$300 Android phone. Doesn't feel all cheap and plasticky like most budget phones.

I got the 64GB version for $170 at best buy last November.

Oh look, it's this shit again.

Lenovo gave a list of phones that would be getting Oreo this spring, and the X series just started getting it in AUS/NZ with soak tests in other markets. They've not "pushed" anything back, they're keeping right to the schedule they promised AND have been pushing regular security updates in the meantime. They've got more actively updated phones on the market than pretty much any other manufacturer, hence the slower, staggered rollout. They're trying to release it for like 10 different phones in over a hundred markets in one quarter. It'll happen when it happens.

It's a good phone, great battery life, especially w/ batter saver mode it lasts a solid 12(?) Hours of nonstop shitposting

I've got the G5S+ and I've been loving it. Buttery smooth, excellent battery life, 4GB of RAM should last me a while seeing as I never go past 2.5GB of memory usuage. With Spotify, Drastic, and the occasional shitposting with Brave I get well above a solid days usuage.

Have you tried Open Camera?

Is this the best new phone I can get in the USA in the ~$275-325 dollar price range?

Too bad they crippled the E4+ as much as they could so ppl would get the expensive one.
But having almost 12hs SoT is nice, I charged friday night and still on 40% now (late sunday afternoon), Moto E2s firmware had better features thou

It was between the G5S+ or the U11 Life for me. I ended up going with the G simply because of availability. The U11 Life is an all around better phone imo. SD 630, stock Android, USB-C, and a superior camera than its competitors. Only real downsides are the lack of 3.5mm and the battery.

This looks pretty good. I switched most of my stuff over to usb-c, but I still use my headphone jack daily. Dunno if I'll go U11 Life or G5S+ now.

I've had a G5 Plus since October last year. Hardly any complaints so far - great phone in its price class!

Great battery life, smooth performance, pretty much stock Android, headphone jack, FM radio (even if one rarely listens to it, I think it's good to have around).

I have to agree on the already mentioned slipperiness. The rounded, glossy sides and the smooth back are quite a bit of combo. That's a non-issue for me though, since I always use a case with mine.
The case of the stock camera app not starting I've come across a few times, all happening within a day, so I'm kind of leaning toward counting that as a single case of a rare quirk.

Perhaps my single biggest grip: for some reason, the phone has weird trouble with gapless audio playback.
Most player apps I've tried so far, despite specifically having gapless support, leave a slight pause between tracks, and those were gapless works as it should, have all been those that wouldn't be my first picks for a main music player: Foobar2000 (UI is ass), Onkyo HF Player (clunky UI, lacking library sorting options, free version ridden with ads), Poweramp (paid, not a fan of the stock UI)

Go with G5 its 120€ and works great