/metal/

Shitposting never ends, you say you hate it yet you keep coming back.
Old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ffexd7gfOMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wFgAE5SgFnw
youtube.com/watch?v=YPng_nfkX1A
youtube.com/watch?v=1koWC50ztEI
youtube.com/watch?v=JB_fNVOPzyM
youtube.com/watch?v=aEzmr3_Dmv8
youtube.com/watch?v=NN-OY_JfczA
youtube.com/watch?v=p3VIZR7qHu0
youtube.com/watch?v=4GUSboH5yDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0HTajp3sGww
youtube.com/watch?v=p3f9v8ebuD4
youtu.be/vIf1uMZ7WRw
youtube.com/watch?v=8Iy-_T89z4o
youtube.com/watch?v=V_Ss3--sw6s
youtube.com/watch?v=V73uvEldzU4
youtube.com/watch?v=NGV1GVPmTwo
youtube.com/watch?v=3tpo05ngc2g
youtube.com/watch?v=HcYRJLi_lZA
youtube.com/watch?v=Dug5Pkdvc1E
youtube.com/watch?v=7etKkkwMoIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=ffexd7gfOMQ

How can other vocalists even compete?
youtube.com/watch?v=wFgAE5SgFnw

Just bought this, am i edgy enough yet /meal/?

youtube.com/watch?v=YPng_nfkX1A

They can't

More dm like Nihilist/Entombed/Dismember?

one of my fav bands desu

one last thing
Remember this?

Cant tell you how proud this made me. And he got banned for doing this i think

Ulcerate, Portal, Flourishing, Meshulcerate Omeguts, etc
There's plenty of hipster death metal out there friend

Yeah but it's not as bad, all those bands have atleast some semblance of talent in them

French = master of jumpdafuckup?

youtube.com/watch?v=1koWC50ztEI

grave, carnage, unleashed, entrails(revival) the list could go on :^)

Why are all the Gorguts/Deathspell Omega rip off bands so lame? They are more interested in just playing a few dissonant chords over blast beats rather than playing actual riffs. Shit sounds like a weak ass dissonant version of post-rock with blast beats instead of metal.

You just described deathspell, deathspell never had a single good riff in their entire career

Because Obscura/Deathspell are already lame as fuck, if you ape mediocrity then the most you can aspire to be is mediocrity.

into the flood again
same old trip it was back then

youtube.com/watch?v=JB_fNVOPzyM
easily one of the best rock songs ever

Does anyone remember that one time when John Davis and Fred Durst had a rap battle?
youtube.com/watch?v=aEzmr3_Dmv8

I agree
2:40-3:27 almost makes me cry, especially with the lyrics

whoever posted this earlier
youtube.com/watch?v=NN-OY_JfczA
ty

One of the few legit good nu-metal albums

Looks like it's time for nu-metal shitposting
youtube.com/watch?v=p3VIZR7qHu0

SO I MADE A BIG MISTAKE

I think with dm most people can smell cash-in bullshit at least a little better than with black metal though. I can't see it ever getting infested with a load of 'ooo00o0o0oo even spoopier and more occult for reals than the last band' type rubbish

try to see it once my way

youtube.com/watch?v=4GUSboH5yDQ

>corn on the cob
>you need a new job

I just realized I'm a meme.
Metal for this feel?

Katatonia - Terminal Redux

What? Most Deathspell riffs are like the badass Pure Holocaust era Immortal riffs with the intensity even higher, more polyphonic parts, and some dissonance. Deathspell didn't start noodling until Paracletus.

But they aren't actually aping Gorguts/Deathspell though. These two bands actually have riffs, most of those bands like Ulcerate or Abyssal are just dissonant chord textures over blast beats.

the one and only
youtube.com/watch?v=0HTajp3sGww

youtube.com/watch?v=p3f9v8ebuD4

This new Saor song is pretty dank

It kind of irritates me that there're people here that only like this just for the Japanese anime weebshit influence

>My girlfriend listens to """symphonic""" corsetcore garbage and thinks she's so metal because she likes Arch Enemy and Myrkur
Metal for this feel?

I haven't listened to their first albums, but si monumentum was horrible

Rape her to give her a lesson.

Lifelover - sontag

corsets are hot you fag

That's women for you, i had a gf who loved Girlschool. but still be thankful you have a gf at least

>girlfriend

Sure user, sure.

Sounds like you don't like your gf that much at all

AIN'T FOUND A WAY TO KILL ME YET

NO HE AIN'T GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEE

Where were you when Metallica and Swizz Beatz were makin' history?

youtu.be/vIf1uMZ7WRw

NOOO-O NO NO-OOOH
NO HE AIN'T GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WAITING, FOR YOUR MODERN MESSIAH
TO TAKE AWAY ALL THE HATRED
THAT DARKNESS THE LIGHT IN YOUR EYE
STILL WAITING I

Are there even enough bands making epic keyboard driven fantasy bm in the style of Summoning to make a "top 5" list?

Just head straight into Fas. Make sure your volume's high enough to hear everything clearly. If you don't like it, give up on the band.

Good metal bands with actually talented females:

Nuclear Death
Adorior
Sigh
Therion

Just listen to Fas. If still not interested, the band's not for you unless you like Ildjarn-esque raw black metal then check out their first two albums.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
HERE COMES THE ROOSTER
AAAAAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAH-HEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAH

IIII BELIIIIEVE THEM BONES ARE ME
SOOOOME SAAAAY WE'RE BORN INTO THE GRAVE

You guys like new gojira song?

it's decent

>gojira

Take that to the nu-male thread

DUST RIDE RIGHT ON OVER MY TIME
EMPTY FOSSIL OF THE NEW SEA

How was he so good?
What's the secret? He really doesn't look like the type of guy that went to a music school or got private lessons

Nu-whale or whale core?

I liked the tappy tappy solo

TOLD DUE
BAD DREAM COME TRUE
I LIE DEAD GONE UNDER RED SKY

I FEEL SO ALONE, GON END BIG OL PILE OF THEM
I FEEL SO ALONE, GON END BIG OL PILE OF THEM
I FEEL SO ALONE, GON END BIG OL PILE OF THEM BONES

yeeeah they come to snuff the rooster
AAAW yeah

yeeeeeah here come the rooster
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH
NO HE AIN'T GONNA DIEEEEEEEEE
NO-OH NO NO-OH
NO HE AIN'T GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what is some good non-terminal redux memetal for me to jerk off to?

WHO /VEKTOR/ HERE?

Shitposting's arrived, give it 100-200 posts to calm down

are we /lyrics/ now?

>my oedipus complex glam shitposting immortalized with Jesse posting
If only my urban and otherworldly meme took off...

How did vektor become a meme? I'm genuinely curious

AM I WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
HAVE I RUN TOO FAR TO GET HOME
HAVE I GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE
LEFT YOU HERE ALOOOOOOOOOOOONE

Everything that ruined metal is documented in this one album. This album paints a picture of AC/DC shirt wearing pickup truck drivers heading to the meth house after swigging too much malt liquor while watching a marathon of Maury and Dog the Bounty Hunter. It's this single piece of drunken bafoonery that sapped all the creativity out of metal by showing people that they too can make money by playing groove based rock with faux-aggressive vocals and throwing pot leaf designs on t-shirts. It is the prototype for Korn.

Lyrically, everything that's wrong about metal now is found here. David DiSanto in all his heroin addled wisdom thought that, instead of coming up with something interesting to talk about, the mundane themes about the "tough street life" would resonate more with the hip-hop culture of mainstream America and, unfortunately, he was right. This was one of the key elements that were needed to allow angry suburban youth and meth head trailer park dwellers to relate with the stupidity of Vektor. All of these things are best exemplified in the after school special-isms of Ultimate Artificer and the cheap emotional appeals of Cygnus Terminal and Collapse. The f-bomb abuse suggests not a lot of time was spent on them, and feels more like something the Wu-Tang Clan would have come up with. The change to a more "urban" appearance in promo pics suggest about as much. These lyrics would make bands in the future reduce themselves to writing about mundane topics (the hood, street life) and shouting a bunch of disdainful words that mean nothing. It's just vague anger to "get people through a bad day", like the hip-hop or radio rock songs of the day.

jesse spammed it

This is barely metal aside from some guitar playing techniques. Vektor is really just groove based rock in how the focus is placed on sparse 2 note rhythm riffs being played for a "swaggering" hip-hop derived feel that will allow suburban kids to "get down with it". It is an urbanized version of banging on rocks in a wasteland. By removing all the intellectual aspects out of metal and dumbing it all down to a series of chugga chugga noises and hillbilly solos, Vektor remove any melody that could be found in Prong's groove riffs, further lowering the role of the guitar into being a percussive instrument to allow for Disanto's bird squawking noises ("vocals") to take the forefront. Contrary to Disanto's "I Hate Alternative Music" shirt he would often sport at this time, the grunge-isms in the verse of lead single "Collapse" suggest an attempt to also appeal to the whine rock scene of the day since it was the most marketable guitar oriented music they could dress up as metal at that time.

When the home videos are more memorable for the jokes than the music, you know this band wasn't good. Unfortunately, jokes and some pot leaf design t-shirts were all it took to sell this "cool" album about "real street topics" to the impressionable morons of the day. The birthplace for Limp Bizkit rests in this album.

>IF
>I
>WOULD
>COULD
>YOOOOOOOOOOU
what did he mean by this?

kek Bitterman

>cancer tripfag ruins an exceptionally good album

this is why Sup Forums is shit

Who here Raunchy as fuck?

wu-tang is better than vektor

>tfw when hipsters will never corrupt slam

feels pretty fucking good

I just ordered Terminal Redux on vinyl AMA.

Jesse is a scapegoat not a tripfag
>an exceptionally good album

This is why we can't have nice things.
A band comes out exemplifying the best aspects of Anacrusis, Coroner, Toxik and Voivod... instead of the metal community rejoicing and saying "Holy fucking shit, this is an album for the ages!" /metal/ completely and irrecoverably goes so contrarian at the sight of the album taking the #1 spot on RYM for metal that it collapses in on itself into a sigularity of asspain unlike the which has not been seen since dmsharecuck's mental breakdown.
You have all been shitposting and been exposed to shitposting so long that your taste has become shit, taking only pleasure from 8 track lo-fi black metal recorded in a forest

Post breakdowns done right
youtube.com/watch?v=8Iy-_T89z4o
>1:22

Katelepsy is hipster slam

youtube.com/watch?v=V_Ss3--sw6s

explain how

To be honest I've never been able to get into Vektor regardless, shitposting or not

this general is so concerned with the hipster boogeyman they don't realize they do the exact same shit

People were overhyping the album the moment it came out so naturally the contrarians started spamming it to ruin any kind of discussion about it. Also someone dug out RYM account from one of the guys in Vektor and everyone went apeshit over his >wrong< opinions.

now I want to listen to this album

Katelepsy is overproduced techy Unique Leaders-core garbage. Slam became hipster-tier the moment bands started experimenting with pro-tools to make their sound as loud and "br00tal" as possible for blasting on car speakers, Katelepsy are just the most approachable of the style-over-substance borderline core garbage that modern slam is.

youtube.com/watch?v=V73uvEldzU4

>not listening to Katalepsy in the car
its fun guy

youtube.com/watch?v=NGV1GVPmTwo
1:15

Why did Tengger Cavalry go full Tibetan throat singing? I liked the fusion of folk and melodeath desu
youtube.com/watch?v=3tpo05ngc2g

fuck you hombre

The only thing worse than nigger rap being blared from a stationwagon with a shitty sound system is a wigger blaring slam in his stationwagon with a shitty sound system

All I wanted out of life was to listen to surf and black metal at the same time. And the gods listened.
youtube.com/watch?v=HcYRJLi_lZA

nigger rap is GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=Dug5Pkdvc1E

NOMAD
VAGABOND
CALL ME WHAT YOU WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL

I love finding bands which deathcore people would enjoy but that aren't deathcore so I can feel smug about my taste

>been slowly and moderately sipping beer all day
>the last bottle is almost empty and I didn't even get a buzz

What a waste, what a terrible waste.

youtube.com/watch?v=7etKkkwMoIU