I know you use programming to make things actually work, but how do you make the graphical program window?

I know you use programming to make things actually work, but how do you make the graphical program window?

Attached: clsMainForm.png (308x310, 7K)

Using xorg lib

xlib

You use an API provided by the OS or a third party API that wraps said API provided by the OS

Learn QT. Trust senpai.

visual basic > start new form application

Judging by that window pajeet you use C#. I use the Win32 API and "C".

QDockWidgets suck

Stage.show();

You don't; GUIs were a mistake.

Let's call what you meant in your post, a "window".

You can make a window in C using only statements from the language and basic libs, BUT it will be a lot of work for too little play.

So, what 99.9% of the people do, is use something called an application framework toolkit, which is a bunch of bundled libraries that already contain functions to create windows, buttons and the rest of the interface. The most popular are Qt and GTK+.

However, note that those aren't completely platform independent. Qt and GTK+ work better on Linux. If you're using Windows, you'd better use the Windows API (formerly WinAPI).

I don't know how old are you, but if you learned to code in Object Pascal or C++, you'd remember that some of the most popular IDEs at the time (Delphi, TurboC) had an integrated toolkit to create GUIs.

It's a very interesting subject you chose, OP, but it's not really brought up that much because most of the use of toolkits is professional.

You can write code that draws images. You do that. It draws the stuff in the window, and redraws it when something changes. The drawing process is faster than you think it is. Computers are fast.

use electron

anything else is depreciated

Just write to the framebuffer

>The most popular are Qt and GTK+.

goto bed grandpa

Attached: 1520411873426.png (620x640, 260K)

I learnt on Lazarus Pascal and then VB. Forgot most of it but I remember Lazarus being pretty intuitive

>most popular
>not including win forms, MFC, or Java swing
Everything modern for Windows that isn't a web app uses MFC.

Just use the web duuude.

This guy gave an serious answer. Sometime Sup Forums surprises me.

Electron is poop tho

>faster development
>easier language
>html/css are mature and universal
>cross platform
>if you already have a web app it's basically zero effort
>the performance is sufficient for 99% of use cases

enjoy spending 10x the effort to make something platform-specific in your statically typed language.

> easier language
L
O
L
> html/css are mature and universal
Mature like your 90yo grandma yeah

in what world is js harder than C++?

In the world where it's a language meant to write 10-line inline scripts, not fucking applications.

I maintain a js web app for a living. I can't even begin to describe how much I loathe this piece of shit language that just lets you do fucking everything, such as passing completely arbitrary numbers of parameters that have nothing to do with the function signature of whatever you're talking, the fucking "everything is a double or a string" type system, I could go on

Attached: 1519761979544.jpg (700x681, 98K)

Java swing

Here, for instance, is a chart about how I think asm.js tries to make sense of js types. Now, complicated type charts aren't unusual - especially with mechanisms like C++'s templates - but this isn't complicated, this is simply inane.
>float
>floatish
>and of course, "float?"

Attached: subtypes.png (779x348, 37K)

And here's one of those standard party trick tier "look at the sophisticated js type system" demonstrations

And all of this is dynamically typed and the language isn't even compiled so have fucking fun debugging

Attached: 1517344138521.png (473x328, 20K)

Python was a mistake no doubt on that

>tfw WPF is weird and made all my shit obsolete and doesn't exist on Linux and is being abandoned

>Delphi, TurboC
how old are you? 60?

So, why the fuck would you do that? Yeah, language allows you to ignore function signature or types, so what, just don't do that.

Can you transfer it to uwp

visual studio

Out of curiosity, where in the realm of Javascript uses and applications would you ever run into this being an issue?

But this can't be python...
I just tried to type '5' - 3 into the interpreter and it called me an asshole.

What is this exactly? It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Grandpa, thank you for the actual good and serious answer.

well OP what language are you using?

most languages have libraries that you use to create graphical windows

Attached: 1512845027562.jpg (372x630, 48K)

Practically nowhere. You have to be a retard to misplace data type and it's not much an issue since the result is obvious and it only happens on UI layer, where the data is mixed, nowhere in model.

>uwp
That's even weirder, and when you make it it spews out a bunch of bullshit. Just give me a single executable file like C does.

>What is this exactly?
Javascript.

>It makes me feel uncomfortable.
Then don't use dynamically typed, interpreted languages you big baby. Although it's not like C doesn't have similar quirks, despite being a statically typed language.