Is there any other Noise Rock albums that predates White Light/White Heat?

Is there any other Noise Rock albums that predates White Light/White Heat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hVWAE6n_G4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Ghil469LHFE
youtube.com/watch?v=-3RdXLc9OC0
youtube.com/watch?v=5fEkkTd_H4A
youtube.com/watch?v=3FcO8SChJSc
youtube.com/watch?v=gF6Sa0EaOjA
youtube.com/watch?v=YWPdHDQ5Rjw
youtube.com/watch?v=7LpiP70gsHc
rateyourmusic.com/~trianglecubed
rateyourmusic.com/list/trianglecubed/proto_punk__pre_1976_/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

Black Monk Time might kinda sorta count, but that's it.

Woah.....
This nigga crazy.

>Black Monk Time
never heard of it. looked it up and saw that it gets great reviews. any good?

Does fantano like them?

>Black Monk Time
>mfw Americans invented krautrock

Dude, the Monks are fucking fantastic.

It's a great record. It's very unique and surprisingly fun with its instrumentation and energy.

Definitely reccing it.

cool, i'll check it out.

>Mfw you're fucking stupid
>Mfw you like Joanna newsom lyrics
>Mfw you're a shitty trip meme

>mfw nobody cares

>I'm going to pretend like I'm that trump
Way to take off the trip XD m8 XD :)

Literally what's wrong with Jewsom's lyrics. Sapokanikan articulates decay better than nearly any song I know of

thanks

>Moving away from the patterns of song structure and melody of much rock music in America and Britain, some in the movement also drove the music to a more mechanical and electronic sound (a group of 5 expatriate Americans, The Monks, who toured playing beat music clubs throughout Germany, were also exploring this industrial/mechanical sound, as evidenced on their 1966 German-only release LP "Black Monk Time").
>Anthony Carew in a retrospective review for About.com called it "possibly the first punk record, and is the obvious birthplace of krautrock"

thx4rec

>look this up
>listen to it
>mfw

thank you so fucking much dude

Try this one. It's more conventional than Black Monk Time, but it's got a track that gets compared to Sister Ray quite a bit.

Why doesn't this album get more attention here? It's incredibly influential

I'm listening to it for the first time right now. Twenty minutes in. It's incredible. I really don't know why I'm just now hearing about it.

There's so much great American garage rock and proto-punk from the 60s that get overshadowed by meme British bands. See youtube.com/watch?v=hVWAE6n_G4Q

>all these fucking plebs who don't already know the monks

It's honestly not; it's looked back on with rose-coloured glasses because it's considered a precursor to protopunk.
It's not very good, though.

This. Predated garage rock, punk, krautrock, all in what, 30mins? Fucking amazing record, it should get as much praise as fucking TVU&N.

It is proto-punk, not a precursor to it. It is a direct precursor to krautrock though

What are you talking about, it's fucking great. It also aged better than most 60's shit, soundwise (the lyrics clearly give away it's age).

>Predated garage rock
Garage Rock has been around since the late 50s/early 60s

literally modern lovers

On Monk Time, they do, but I feel like the rest of the album has aged just fine lyrically.

>Sup Forums spams TMR and the Residents
>Completely ignores the Monks

Protip: Cro Magnon was first black metal band.

This. And the first industrial band. Their music isn't really that good or consistent, but they were way ahead of their time.

I love how nobody has answered OP question.

the very first post says "no"

considering that the OP was a yes or no question...

First comment: No.
Are you blind or just missing 99% of your brain cells?

>jazz is noise
How's being 14?

Free Jazz and noise go hand-in-hand. If you're going to be that specific then WL/WH isn't noise either.

Lou Reed btfo. What a fucking hack.

>Free Jazz and noise go hand-in-hand
How's being 12?

>double quartet
Wouldn't that be an octet?

>calling anyone who doesn't share your opinion underage

>Using a tripcode

Oh the irony.

It's two quartets playing simultaneously but seperately.
Octet implies they are one cohesive unit.
You are wrong and require taste, don't let me catch you around here for at least 2 weeks kid.

holy shit, kill yourself pls

Stop projecting your desire to self-harm, and consider using that time to learn about free jazz.

Just poppin in to say that this was a dope rec

die

Did all of Sup Forums really just listen to this for the first time?

>checked

I've heard it mentioned on Sup Forums many times before.

Except it's not a fraction as memorable or good as TVUN

i love when plebs confuse "weird" with "influential" or "experimental" or "good"

protip there are dozens of "influential ahead of their time groundbreaking" garage rock bands that fucking suck, there's a reason the Velvet Underground and Modern Lovers and Stooges and MC5 have survived the test of time but the Monks and namedropping some shit like the Whailers or Monks or Cave Men just makes you look like a tryhard faggot who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about and hasn't learned enough about music to understand what separates good from bad, so you base your judgement on obscurity and how "influential" something is

T
H
I
S

Cromagnon is pretty shit too.
Stick your spork up your bum hole and listen to Sabbath

what if i like all of those bands you namedropped

then you have the power to enjoy both good music and bad music, good for you :)

like everyone else? good enough for me

This. If nobody has heard of it then it can't be called influential. Retroactively saying X band did Y before Z is not the same as actually pioneering new music that inspired other.

The Ethix, The Monks, and Frank Zappa, all in 1966
There was also Parson Sound from 1968 which was a weird mix of krautrock, noise rock, raga rock, space rock, etc

>literally just listened to The Monks, The Seeds, and The Sonics for the first time yesterday
>this thread up today

The Sonics invented heavy metal in 1964
Ahead of their time

lol no retard, heavy metal came directly from heavy psych rock bands like Deep Purple and Stepphenwolf, who were not influenced by the Sonics at all

read a fucking book

So? They still played heavy metal, whether they were influenced by or influenced those bands or not.

>read a fucking book
lol

no they didn't, that's the point, heavy metal is a specific style and saying that some garage band played heavy music so that means they invented heavy metal is fucking retarded

>someone tells you to know what you're talking about being spouting meaningless garbage
>lol
BASED RESPONSE

Sup Forums is pretty pleb desu, I've known about this record for years

they sound like heavy metal, therefore they are heavy metal
as simple as that

>BASED RESPONSE
This one?
>read a fucking book
Because that's a pretty meme-y answer used by people who don't know how to debate

Exactly. What kind of proto-punk, garage rock and noise rock fan doesn't know about fucking Black Monk Time?

Holy shit. There are people who didn't know about THE SONICS either?

OP sucks dick

shit taste desu

because i insulted your sooooo obscure forgotten gem epic hell of a rare seecret band?

What this ignores, is that the Monk were still genuinely good.

Calm it down tripperino.

Cro Magnon isn't really good and Sabbath is definitely the first actual metal band, but there's no reason to agree with tryhard paragraph posts mad at people who know things.

Cro Magnon still first black metal band.

>says other people don't know things
>still just meming that Cro Magnon was a black metal band because he literally has no idea what black metal was defined by at its inception

even if something had the sound of first wave black metal in the 60s, it would be the first heavy thrash band. black metal literally was sped up heavy thrash with a visual and lyrical aesthetic centered on Satanism for the first year or two of its existence. if Cro Magnon's lyrics and stage presence didn't involve death and Hell, they were not a black metal group.

Metal subgenres aren't defined by how they sound, there is too much overlap...they are defined by a mixture of sound/subject, influences, and era that said genres come from

Wronge

here are a few things that might be considered noise rock precursors

The Cave Men - It's Trash [1966]
youtube.com/watch?v=Ghil469LHFE
The Ethix - Bad Trip [1966]
youtube.com/watch?v=-3RdXLc9OC0
The Bees - Voices Green and Purple [1966]
youtube.com/watch?v=5fEkkTd_H4A
Dean Carter - Jailhouse Rock [1967]
youtube.com/watch?v=3FcO8SChJSc
The Index - Feedback [1967] This is probably the closest to modern noise rock
youtube.com/watch?v=gF6Sa0EaOjA
Michael Yonkers - Boy in the Sandbox [1968] Wait til the end of this one, it gets pretty out there
youtube.com/watch?v=YWPdHDQ5Rjw

great argument

>still just meming that Cro Magnon was a black metal band because he literally has no idea what black metal was defined by at its inception

Was joking, bruv, in reference to the reductionist methods he was referring to.

All genres are completely dependent on their scenes. You can sit here and argue the Kinks were the first punk band like many people do, ignoring their wholly unpunk demeanor. You can sit here and argue Boris Pickett was the first goth rocker because of the Monster Mash. Phil Specter totally invented shoegaze.

It's pointless to do any of this, ever.

The Monks are still good.

Genres are defined by scenes.

Michael Yonkers is badass

indeed he is

have you heard this?
supposedly it was recorded by Yonkers and his brother, it sounds exactly like a Suicide song.
youtube.com/watch?v=7LpiP70gsHc

Thank you immensely for this post. What's your rym?

np
rateyourmusic.com/~trianglecubed

I made a short list of some of my fav proto-punk if you're interested in more.
rateyourmusic.com/list/trianglecubed/proto_punk__pre_1976_/