/daily/ - "q her t" edition

It's jasdgldipbt;jof;jo;gaotijbj

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow

topsters.net/
>resurrected but keeps fucking up, just use paint for your charts honestly

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Most importantly, gate test!

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/ko0cs8vcs5958pv/RADIOHEAD 2016-05-20 Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam The Netherlands AT943 (.flac).zip
youtu.be/xHdnLJ6fnE4
omnivorerecordings.com/music/the-last-word-on-first-blues/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hey

For the boys

>tfw u hear shitty music thru the walls

>tfw all u had was a racist pepe on new computer

today's purchases
guess trip

Not Rudi, because of his !!!wrong opinion!!! about the residents. Is it Mark and?

IDEA: every Sunday, after the listenalong in the sync, we could have a listenalong of an album from the /daily/ favorite albums

thoughts?

also what's the time for the sync listenalong?

oi gents
first record ever ordered online
me excite

>Feels - Animal Collective
This is everything i wanted Strawberry Jam to be. The instrumentation is amazing, the vocal delivery is outstanding for most of The songs and the beautiful combination of their folk sounds from CS and Sung Tongs and the inmature Pop sounds of their later releases revealed the link that i always asked about between Early and late AnCo. However, Mr inconsistency payed a visit to another of AnCo's albums. The 2nd half is better than the first one, but at the same time the transition was Really awkward and even confusing. Bees was a song that appeared so unexpectedly that i had to check i wasn't listening to another album. I feel like going from energetic to Really slow is weird, specially the way it was done here. This is one of The grips that i had with Sung Tongs. Also while the mayority of The songs are standouts and amazing, there are obvious fillers. Either way, i felt that the songs were all amazingly done, and i feel that this style of them where you can see how they used everything they learned from their previous, more experimental albums, showing a clear path of evolution in their sound (So they could later reinvent themselves in MPP). Overall, Really good album, with amazing songs like Banshee Beat, Did you See The Words, Bees, Turn Into Something and Purple Bottle, but it suffers in the consistency department. I feel conflicted giving this score, but it deserves a
Final Score : Decent 7/10
SCHEDULE:
>Saturday: Revolutionary Chinese Orchestra - 1.28
>Sunday
If i get rejected
>David Murray Quartet - A Sanctuary Within
If i get the Girl/ don't even try
>The Spent Poets - s/t

hot Monk discussion over in the WLWH thread

Some even better shitposting by yours truly.
:-)

you messed up, freak show is one of their worst albums.
idk which trip it could be

>6+
benji numeral but ok im doing good

nice
the first record i ordered online was King Krule - s/t

Sup Forums has been talking a lot about wlwh recently for some reason

Ayy lmoa listen along.

>Sup Forums has been talking a lot about wlwh recently for some reason
Maybe they all finally started listening to music.

>Maybe they all finally started listening to music.
hm, surprising.

did the listenalong happen already?

I only ordered it online because my program placement employer (unpaid) gave me an amazon gift card as a thank-you.
I saw them live like 2 days after the release of PItFoL and figured I could buy it at the show, but they only had their newest album.
I like the thrill of hunting records and supporting bands/local stores so I try to limit purchases to in-store or at venues.

TVU is the first band that got me into music
>mfw Sup Forums is just at that level now

>TVU is the first band that got me into music
Probably ITAOTS for me, as embarrassing as that is. TVU was shortly after though, and probably got me interested in more atonal stuff.

Nothing embarassing about that; I think they both share a lot of the same characteristics in terms of appealing to sprouting music lovers. Before that album I used to listen exclusively to dadrock and prog.
I actually don't mind that I went through that phase, because it gave me a good foundation to build upon when I started exploring further.
Never be embarrassed about what you used to like; It brought you to where you are today, didn't it?

>Throw party
>Only 3 guys come
Wow fuck everyone. Hope you have a nice night lads

HYPE

:(
Stick to free jazz and japanese memes

bump with cute pigy

Yeah man but this guys are cool and it's my fault for throwing a party the same day a club offers Free drinks

Yeah that's shitty timing. But still fuck those people for not coming.

Wasn't be super serious when I said "embarrassing." I still love that album.

morning, /daily/

>tfw dad's in Japan and gonna send him a list of music to look out for

>tfw never hear shit music through the walls
feels good
it's not me

I don't go out buying shit here often
>2 on Kyary

FUCK PEOPLE FUCK EVERYTHING I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHTA HAS WORTH AND WHAT NOT BUT I AM POSITIVE MUSIC AND ANIME GET ME GOING THANKS FOR ACTUALLY SHARING MY FEELINGS LOVE YOU PEACE. ALSO MUSICAL ABORTIONS IS GOOF DONT LISTEN TO THE HATERS

Doctors orders
take perscription immediately

MY DUDE FREE JAZZ STARTED AS A MEME BUT MAN I ACTUALLY ENJOYED IT A LOT I LOVE FREE JAZZ NOW I GOT REJECTED BY MY FRENDS BU TFRWE JAZZ IS THETE FOR ME JES I WANT MOREEEEE

Quality album art that

Quality drunkposting that

your fault for listening to dg

Listening to this again.
It's still shit.

I still have to listen to that

while you're listening to what you call shit, I'm listening to Giant Steps

how does this make you feel Jangle?

>tfw neighbors are incredibly spaced apart
>you will never know what they listen to
The thought keeps me up at night

whoever recommended ASF two threads ago, idr who that was tho

>zubberdust!
looks dank coolio, based on allmusic

top KUH

...makes me feel like I'm not sure what I'm doing with my life
Just 23 more minutes and I....
...wait 23 more minutes? Yeah fuck this I'm out
HERE I COME JAZZ

should I pull a fish and spam the thread with "reviews" or make a pastebin nobody will look at

spam it

what jazz will you be listening to?
pull fish

Can never have too much fish spam

I'm a pretty big Scaruffi drone, and I've never gotten this. I've always thought it was ass.

do a me

ok, i haven't written them in detail yet but when i'm done i'll blam

I actually canned the Trux and put this on while writing my comment.
It was funny to me at least.

haven't heard that but the Hill I've heard has been good

also, I think his name is really cool

can't seem to explain why though

He's my main dude; overthrew Monk for my favourite pianist not too long ago.
Dude's lightning.
And his name is most certainly cool, like want-to-name-my-firstborn-after-him cool.

Fav Andrew Hill album?

mine is Smokestack

Smokestack is really great.
Compulsion!!!!! for me by far, though. Judgement isn't too far behind.
Point of Departure is good but overrated, and I'm a massive Dolphy fan.

I've listened to this like a dozen times in desperation, and it may have clicked for a bit, but I was mistaken, still shit.

I've heard Black Fire and Point of Departure

out of the two I like Black Fire more

I agree Point of Departure is a little overblown, still mighty good though

I just bought One for One on Vinyl and listened to it for the first time, turned out to be one of my new favorites. it's got hubbard on trumpet and Henderson on sax if I recall correctly, I highly recommend it.

Mere exposure effect; listening to it more times doesn't make it better, it just makes your brain more familiar with the sounds.
This is actually just a bad record, and the comparisons to Trout Mask Replica have me perplexed. I can't think of any redeeming qualities about it, and if one had to argue for the sake of arguing on the side of this album, I think even the biggest fans would have a hard time pinpointing it's virtues.
I gave it a 1 for ruining potential jazztime, a mortal sin in my books.

Black Fire is really good too! I'd put it about on par with Point of Departure, maybe with a slight edge.

Man, Hill has SO MUCH SHIT that wasn't released until decades after they were recorded.
Makes it real hard to keep up with and follow chronologically. I haven't heard this one yet; I'll have to check it out.

lol this shit ain't getting done tonight. this is why you take notes while or shortly after you listen, kids. I could probably finish the Teens of Denial one tonight (spoiler: very very good) but i'm sleepy boopy. hopefully I'll get them done before euroboys go to sleep, if not you'll get spammed Monday

also since i'm desperate for attention/things to do i'll probably start a new tourney later this week (RIP old one), no reserving til i post the template tho

I think people get hung up on how deliberate it is. Like, nobody makes a double album without having something to say, and especially something so confusing. Interestingly enough, having heard RTX live recently, the live versions of some of the songs actually sounded pretty great, which I think lends credence to the fan theory that there were fully constructed songs that were then deconstructed with key instrumentation somehow intentionally removed, leaving only the effects and backing instrumentation.

Either way, interesting enough idea with an obviously terrible execution. I'm admittedly a huge fan of the previously unreleased sister album/tapes, Hand of Glory. The back half of that album, The Boxing Story, is amazing chaotic sound collage in the same vein as Parable of Arable Land.

>Parable of Arable Land
I can only do 1 rant per day lad

>he doesn't like the Parable of Arable Land

Good Morning /daily/!

Had a fun time with gf last night even though my shitty team fucking lost.

Gonna do work all day today and I'm currently downloading the first RHD live show, so everything is in its right place.

A positive rant, right?

Right?

........heh
Ask me tomorrow if you want it, I'm off to beddy by

Did I win yet

there there

I kinda started digging it more last time I listened to it but I am still conflicted. What's with the huge gaps of silence inbetween the songs?

nice quads and sleep tight

post pics of the 'heads!

On it.

This one was taken during Daydreaming, I reckon. Jonny on piano!

Hard to take a proper pic of it, but they had these screens showing the band members all zoomed on top of the stage. Cool shit.

Jonny makes playing a single drum look cool. This was during There There btw

Stop flipping my pics reeeeeeeeee

Anyway this was uh, don't recall. Maybe Identikit.

Thom.

sweet shit!

here's flac of the show btw
mediafire.com/download/ko0cs8vcs5958pv/RADIOHEAD 2016-05-20 Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam The Netherlands AT943 (.flac).zip

Absolute madman.

rad! I saw they were streaming yeaterday's show from Periscope, too. Dunno if that happens during the whole tour but that would be p sweet

It is really stunning that for IR tour I had to rely on setlist fm, was mindblown when the setlist was updated live for TKOL tour and now this...truly amazing time we're living in.

Lotus Flower iirc. That song is stellar live.

Yeah I recall the TKOL tour having live updates. I was too yung during IR tour to even know about the radioheads; _;

Spooki Jonny.

Last one. Think this was during Paranoid Android. Radiohead got purped.

I guess you could say that they are....spooks
youtu.be/xHdnLJ6fnE4
>Last one.
For a second I imagined them covering LRD...

Thanks for this syncm8s

ah the magic of synctube

THIS LOOKS FUCKING GREAT

>20 bucks for digital version
>in MP3
Why do people do this?
omnivorerecordings.com/music/the-last-word-on-first-blues/

Could be old-fashioned. Most people don't realise live shows are where the money is actually at

I'd assume so. The CDs are 50 bucks too, scratch that.

The only advice I can offer with V is keep reading, it will always be worth it after each hurdle.

Currently listening to Fishmans' Long Season for the 4th or 5th time, I really like it. Review in progress.

Oh I just remembered! I listened to Otokotachi no Wakare on the way from Slovakia and it was really good! It went well with the happy vibes I was happening except for the closing section of Long Season, which was sad. The entire show had the dynamics the studio versions really lacked and didn't just feel like go-happy music. I'll give it an 8+/10.

damn I had no idea this exists

looks cool
music tends to be pretty overpriced nowadays I'd say

the Long Season there is the best one in my opinion

in fact, I'm gonna give it a listen now

Haven't done one of these in a while. Had grad parties/hung out with friends all day so didn't have much time to listen to everything I'd like to have.

Don't feel compelled to review all of these and I plan to go to bed soon, but today I heard (from most liked to least):

>Macha - Forget Tomorrow
>Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial
>Slowdive - s/t EP
>Global Communication - 76:14
>Beck - Sea Change
>Azalia Snail - Snailbait

Teens of Denial is great, and anyone that's enjoyed his previous stuff should try it out.

Macha is one of my new favorites. I know some think they're just a mediocre experimental/post rock band, but something about them is just so enjoyable to me. The neo-psych mixed with southeast Asian influences is fucking choice. Would rec to those looking for a good unique-sounding rock group to try out.

Frick yes. I might go to bed before it's posted but I'll be sure to read it :3

There is an extremely somber overtone to the whole thing, imo. It has that eerie happy/sad mood and gives me the willies. Glad you enjoyed it! I'd rec other Fishmans stuff but I mean of course I would xP

same. A wise Fish once said "Better versions of the best of their discography". In fact, he said it just right now.

you're making Macha sound really appealing desu

will have to check em out sometime

Good morning, what are you listening to today?
I've got some work to do and also have to go to the theater later but hopefully I will have time to listen to some music. This in mind.

Almost done with this, planning to listen to all 5 autechre albums later. Heard the first 2 briefly and they were good.

right now I'm listening to the ONW version of Long Season

later, I'll do After Dinner's Paradise of Replica for my calendar then possibly the Katamari Damacy OST for my tourney

dunno if I'll listen to anything else new today but that'll probably happen

>planning to listen to all 5 autechre albums later
:o
I still haven't gotten around any of them. This week is gonna be very busy to run through the five of them, but I shall have some free time on June and onwards.
Cool. I don't like that soundtrack but you might do. Idk.

They are fucking mad. A quintuple fucking album.

Reminds me of the nine or so live records they released last year. Still haven't heard all of them.
Anyway, how's the material on elseq? I've heard it sounds a bit like exai.

Me!
Pretty much what I expected, good to see you liked Masshysteri tho
In about 5 hours from now!
D:
Bought it blind because I liked all other Residents albums I've heard
Not yet! 5 hours from now
Oh yes, check out Zubberdust, might be up your alley

It goes into similar directions but (at least the first 2) were less chaotic. Exai felt more disorienting.