Firefox is shit

Explain this, Sup Forums

Both Firefox and Chrome run the same extensions (uBlock Origin with all filters enabled and fully updated), and have the EXACT same sites up and running, namely twitch, google, two youtube tabs, and two other tabs.

WHY is Firefox consuming so much more ram than Chrome?

Attached: fireshit.png (660x655, 81K)

I mean why shouldn't it
It werks just that much better
And if you have any problem with that just run the 53 build

Attached: spikyboy.jpg (636x498, 42K)

It doesn't really work that much better, though.
Infact, they are pretty much the same speed wise and feature wise.

Because you don't know how to use settings like a normie
There are more about:config tweaks you can make too

Attached: hmmm.png (1923x1269, 108K)

Same in speed but firefox has way more settings and UI customization
Firefox > Chrome

I've got it set to 2. Guess if I drop it down to 1, Firefox will suddenly only use 500mb, right?

The problem then I that Firefox becomes slower than chrome while using the same amount of RAM
This isn't a solution

That doesn't make up for the fact that Firefox uses MORE than twice the amount of ram.

Chrome is better performing than Firefox when you only have a few tabs open. However when you start opening lots of tabs, that's where Firefox takes over the lead in terms of memory management.

Whats the problem kid
Its free for fuck sake
And it it allows they addons in their addonstore
Chrome is overall better browser because google puts so much cash into its development
But googles propaganda ruins it for me

Please fill in:

Unused RAM is _______ RAM.

This is with 17 tabs open, and they of course are the same on both browsers.

Attached: fireshit.png (637x694, 90K)

More customization. Same speed. Less RAM than Chrome with this amount of tabs.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (3840x2097, 968K)

>firefox 50.1.0 here
works perfectly fine

Attached: wut.png (1484x50, 8K)

I'm not trying to argue for Chrome or against Firefox, all I'm saying is that the implementation of multi process in Firefox currently has serious issues that need to be resolved.

Open a twitch 1080p@60fps stream, 2 720p@60fps youtube videos, google.com, and a moderately CSS heavy site, then provide your results.

I agree. There are some areas where Firefox outshines Chrome on my computer.

memory that background daemons or other programs can use as

I don't use a browser to watch videos. I use a video player which is better in every aspect. I don't watch twitch either.

Except that is what I used to get the results I did, and if you can't do that, too, there isn't much point in comparing your results to my own.

>having firefox installed in the first place
why? google chrome has everything you need

Attached: 1509384990185.jpg (702x672, 68K)

Post the exact links you have open for accurate measurement

> using Chrome
Enjoy your botnet

>He doesn't use pale moon

Your lying. In your screenshot Firefox has two streams playing while in chrome - zero. You can tell by network activity.

>tfw Firefox has a memory leak and eats up 14gb of ram out of fuck nowhere
>close Firefox to make it stop
>Windows closed yet Firefox still running in the background so have to stop its process altogether in task manager

Utter absolute garbage. This makes me sad considering how Firefox was such a good fucking browser in the 2000's.

I've got nothing to hide.

Closed them long ago, but you have an about reference that should give similar results here, >He doesn't use old and practically deprecated software.

Or I just snipped the screencap when Chrome showed little to no activity in that regard, since it fluctuates a lot, as does Firefox.

Post a new screen that shows everything

These aren't the same tabs that I had opened before, since I closed those and forgot which I had, but you can still see that the same thing happens here. Also, I only opened a bunch of random sites, most of which I do not necessarily visit.

Attached: fireshit.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

döda dig själv din patetiska jävel

Du först.

Hmm seems like a big difference than the previous screen...
But yea if you dont want to use your settings than firefox might use a little more RAM by default. It can use less though.

Except DownThemAll. Fuck I miss that.

You clearly have something wrong on your end if Firefox is using that much more CPU with the same tabs open.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 3.41.21 PM.png (1642x1138, 482K)

>not using superior icecat
why??

Attached: icecat.png (1280x978, 223K)

How come I don't have those settings?

*hits a dab on u*

Click on "learn more" in the hardware settings thing

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 3.47.41 PM.png (2560x798, 472K)

Does nothing fampai. Unchecked and has no additional options

Doesn't look like this?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 3.52.38 PM.png (1456x912, 250K)

My screenshot is mostly with defaults. I haven't touched its settings.

So please send me your social/bank accounts and passwords

It's not using and absolutely requiring that amount of RAM.
You probably have a lot of RAM, it's unusual for a web browser to use so much memory. Downloading something right now but I'll let you know how much exactly firefox is using on my pc with 4 GB of RAM in a bit.

I don't have a lot of ram, it's just at 16gb.

That is a lot of ram in this context, stop acting like it's not you dumb retard.
Anyway my whole OS uses less than 1 GB of ram with 3 tabs open and one youtube video. It will probably be even less on a computer with very little ram.

Obviously Firefox.

Attached: file.png (750x900, 778K)

Just download more RAM silly

With firefox its more like you can mold it into anything you want. It could be thicc or a sticc.

It's basically the same. Chrome is even higher in some instances.

Attached: memory 2018-03-11.png (1920x1040, 2.41M)

>attractive

Attached: 1485206491779.jpg (586x579, 29K)

She doesn't look very pure, in my opinion. Probably took a few rods in her days.

Will do!

It really isn't a lot, I think. I mean, sure, if all you are doing is browsing Sup Forums, then yeah, 16gb is a lot.

Could you share your specs, please? I'd love to hear what you got to get such results, since on two very different machines I still get the same results as I've showed previously.

Attached: file.png (764x609, 76K)

Are you retarded?

>Google sites
Hm I wonder why Google would design their own services to run better on their software than other browsers. Really activates my almonds.

Attached: thinking_akko.gif (500x500, 1.35M)

Do you have any proof to back your ridiculous statement up with?

Attached: LoL.gif (360x270, 1.63M)

Attached: 1505370705119.jpg (181x272, 11K)

>Claiming that a leading company is partaking in a common practice in the tech industry is somehow ridiculous

Attached: 1516837140637.png (226x223, 6K)

ITT ramlet problems

Is anyone even running

Attached: 141.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

It doesn't have SOCKS auth.